Chapter 3

Hermione

I walked down the hall looking for our room. I stopped when I saw one labeled 'The Malfoys'. I shuttered knowing that would soon be my last name.

I was glad I'd at least get time to myself while Malfoy was hanging out with friends.

I opened the door and was met with a very plain room. It was a combined living room and kitchen. I walked to the first door and found the bathroom. I walked into another door and found the bedroom.

It was a large bedroom with a king sized bed. I felt sick. I was not sharing a bed with Malfoy. Nothing they can do will make me sleep with him.

Except banning me from the wizarding world and snapping my wand, I thought angrily.

I saw mine and Malfoy's chests, side by side, at the foot of our bed. I grabbed one of the pillows and a spare blanket off the bed and made a bed on the floor.

I laid down and started thinking of today and yesterday.

I literally have to spend my life with Malfoy... be a Malfoy. I would be around his psycho family. I wouldn't date Ron anymore. I wouldn't be happy anymore. Our child we would be forced to have would grow up with parents that hate each other. My Life has literally been decided for me.

I felt a tear stream down my face and before long, I was sobbing. I buried my face in my pillow and sobbed quietly. I thought of Ron, our future together.

After a long, long time, I passed out.

Draco

I found mine and Granger's room. I walked in and was greeted by a plain, white kitchen and living room. I looked around the house for Granger.

I opened a door and saw her asleep of the floor. She had tear stains on her cheeks and her breathing was shaky. I crawled into the bed and slid under the covers.

I looked at Granger. This affected her far more than me. She had a boyfriend, she had plans with her life. Me, I had no girlfriend, just all girls falling at my feet.

As much as I was mad about us being together, I was happy the hat at least paired me with someone smart and had good looks. I hated to admit it, but she was beautiful.

Toffy colored curls that had become less frizzy and more tamed. Deep brown eyes that anyone could get lost in. I shook my head, ridding the thoughts from my mind. I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.

~*~*~

I jumped up when I heard screaming. Granger was writhing on the floor.

"We found it --- we found it --- PLEASE!" She screamed.

I jumped off the bed and was by her side in a split second. She screamed again when I shook her shoulders.

"Hermione! WAKE up!" I yelled.

When she didn't wake I grabbed my wand off the nightstand.

"Rennervate," I said.

She shot up in a sweaty, sobbing mess. I hated what I was about to do, but she needed it. I pulled her into my arms.

She was breathing hard but fell into my embrace. She completely collapsed in my arms. Her cheek was against my chest and her fingers tightly gripping my shirt. I did my best to comfort her while she cried.

It was a while before her whimpers silenced. I slowly helped her lay down and covered her in her blanket. I slowly laid back down in my bed and fell asleep.

~*~*~

When I woke up it was bright outside. I looked over at the clock to see it was eleven. We had missed our morning classes. I was about to get up when I realized it was Saturday and we didn't have classes.

I relaxed and looked at Granger. She was sound asleep. Her hair was a crazy mess and she was in a crazy position. And she was peaceful, no trace of the nightmare just hours before.

I slowly got out of bed and went to the kitchen half of the living room. I started making breakfast.

Hermione

I woke to the smell of bacon. I slowly got off the floor and popped my back.

I slowly left the room and went to the living room.

"Morning," I mumbled to Malfoy.

"Morning," he replied.

I started making coffee and rested my head on the refrigerator. I closed my eyes and relaxed a bit. I just about fell asleep when Malfoy spoke.

"So... is what happened last night a regular thing?" He asked.

"Yeah," I muttered. "Thanks, for being there. I'll start using a silencing charm."

"You don't have to," he told me. "It's not very safe."

"I don't care," I muttered.

"Well I do... I'd rather not have my fiancee traumatized," he told me.

Draco

"Draco?"

"Yes?"

"Nothing, I wanted to know how it sounded when I said it," she replied.

I smirked a bit. She glared at me.

"We are going to have to use each others names anyway, my last name will be yours soon!" She snapped.

"I know," I replied. "Lucky you."

She glared at me.

"Want some bacon?" I asked, moving the bacon from the pan.

"Yes please," she muttered.

I put some on a plate and handed it to her.

"Thanks," she muttered.

We ate in silence. When we finished I realized she hadn't eaten much again. I chose to ignore it and saw a note on the floor by our door. I picked it up.

"There's a Hogsmede trip today and we have to go together," I told her.

"Typical," she muttered. "First they make us marry then they make us date."

"Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"I was planning on getting a new book and load up on candy," she told me.

I nodded. We were quiet for a moment.

"Well, I'm going to get dressed," she told me before walking to our room.

~*~*~

"Oh my gosh, just pick a bloody book," I complained as we roamed the shelves again.

"Fine!" She yelled, closing the book in her hand and attempting to buy it.

I handed her back her money and tried to pay. We had a fight about who would pay and she won. The second she looked away I slipped the money in her bag and we left.