Chapter 14

Hermione- next day

"Hermione, hurry up woman!" Ginny sighed. "We need to get your dress!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I rushed, running to the door.

I was suddenly pulled away from the door and kissed softly. Knowing it was Draco, I kissed back and laughed.

"Don't forget my mum will meet you at the shop in an hour," he reminded me before kissing me again.

"Oi, lovebirds, we need to leave," Ginny snapped.

I pulled back, waved bye, and rushed off with Ginny. We had gotten permission from McGonagall to go to Diagon Alley. Ginny and I rushed off the grounds and apparated.

We came to one of my favorite restaurants. After we had ordered and such, I got prepared to tell her the big news.

"You look nervous," Ginny stated, "is everything alright?"

I took a deep breath.

"Ginny, I'm pregnant," I rushed.

"What?! So soon?!" She yelled.

I blushed.

"Tell me everything! How was it? Merlin, Draco Malfoy, it must have been great," she rushed.

"It was amazing, I was stressed out because of a nightmare and I told him it was because of the situation. He was quiet for a while before he told me to do it on my terms. Well, I kissed him and well... I went on my terms, and did it two weeks ago," I replied.

Ginny squealed.

"Hermione, that's amazing! Congrats!"

"Yeah," I yawned.

"Tried?" She asked.

"Yeah, Draco kept me busy all day yesterday, I'm exhausted," I replied.

The waitress put our food on our table and left.

"All day?!"

I blushed.

"Hurry and eat, we need to meet Narcissa," I muttered.

Ginny laughed.

"When are you going to tell her?" She asked.

"The wedding, likely," I replied, shoveling food into my mouth.

When we finished eating, we walked to the dress shop. Narcissa was already there and smiled when she saw us.

"Ready to find a dress?" She asked.

I nodded excitedly so we rushed into the store. I was sized and before long everyone was throwing dresses at me.

~*~*~

I was getting tired and a bit worn out when a beautiful dress caught my eye. I rushed towards it to get a better look. It was a silk, white, strapless dress. It wasn't anything too fancy. It had a red ribbon around the waist with a rose to the side. The dress would reach the ground, but didn't have a train. It wasn't flashy or covered in beads which made me love it more.

The woman who sized me came up to me.

"Would you like to try it on?"

I nodded absently, it was the perfect dress. After I got it on I walked out to show Ginny and Narcissa.

"Hermione! You look gorgeous!" Ginny awed.

"You look amazing!" Narcissa gasped.

"I love it!" I squealed.

"Is this the one?" Ginny asked.

"This is the one!"

~*~*~

When Ginny and I got back to my dorm I was so tired. Ginny decided she would hold into my dress until the wedding so Draco wouldn't see it. She knocked on the door while I leaned on her.

Draco opened the door and looked at the two of us.

"I hope you didn't tire her out to bad," he laughed.

"Uhh," Ginny started, "I think you should let her sleep tonight."

Draco and I laughed.

"I'm going to bed... Night Gin," I muttered, walking into the house.

Draco shut the door and chased after me. I squealed when he pucked me up, bridal style.

"Malfoy!" I shouted, trying to get free. "Put me down!"

"Granger!" He laughed. "Stay still!"

He carried me to the room while I struggled.

"I don't like being carried," I complained.

He set me on the bed and smiled at me.

"No, but I like carrying you," he replied.

He dropped next to me on the bed and put his arms around me.

"This is so weird," he muttered, nuzzling his nose into my hair. "If someone would have told me before the war, that I would be cuddled up with my pregnant fiancée Hermione Granger, I would have sent them to the permanent section of St Mungos."

I laughed.

"Same," I nodded.

I snuggled gently into his chest.

"We're getting married soon," I whispered.

"And having a baby," he whispered back.

He gently put a hand on my stomach.

"You'll have a bump soon," he muttered. "Maybe a small one by our wedding."

"But it's only been a couple weeks," I stated.

"I told you love, it's roughly five months, not nine. You're going to go a lot faster than others."

I sighed.

"Better not go to fast, I am not ready to take care of this baby."