Chapter 4

Hermione

Draco and I roamed around Hogsmede for a bit before I bought candy. A lot of candy.

We had another fight on who would pay but I won. He bought more candy for himself and we went to The Three Broomsticks.

We sat in the back and ordered butterbeer.

"What do you want to eat?" Draco asked.

"I don't want anything," I replied.

"Hermione, you haven't eaten anything today aside from the three pieces of bacon seven hours ago. You need food," he told me. "What do you want to eat?"

"Fries or something, I don't know, I'm not hungry," I muttered.

"Hermione, you need to eat," he told me.

"Yes mother," I replied.

He sighed and ordered us food. I ate a bit of food but I really wasn't hungry. I couldn't eat. I had hardly eaten for months. I don't want food.

"Are you sick?" Draco asked suddenly.

"No," I replied.

"Is it a self esteem thing because your not-"

"No," I cut him off.

He sighed.

"Then why won't you eat?"

"I just... can't," I replied. "I mean... I want to, I need to, but I can't."

He looked at me with worried eyes. He packed up my food, grabbed my arm, and led me outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Madam Promfey," he replied simply.

"Draco honestly, I'm fine-"

"No your not... how long have you been starving yourself?" He asked, cutting me off.

"I'm not-"

"Yes you are. How long?" He asked again.

"A few months," I replied.

"How many?" He continued, still leading me, holding my right arm.

"Six," I whispered.

He walked a bit faster making it hard for me to keep up.

Draco

I rushed Hermione to the castle and to the hospital wing. I blocked out her protests until we got there. Madam Promfey came in.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Hermione's not eating," I told her.

"Draco really-"

"Shush," I shushed.

She glared me.

"I'm fine," she told Madam Promfey.

"Mr. Malfoy, please leave so I can question Ms. Granger," she asked me.

I nodded and left. I stood right outside the door, listening to every word.

Hermione

Madam Promfey asked me all the questions Draco did and a lot more. She looked at me for a moment before muttering the counter curse to the glamor charm.

Grey strips appeared in my hair. She gave me an unapproved look before replacing the charm and calling Draco back in. She had him sit.

"Ms. Granger, I'm afraid to tell you you have severe depression. You fit every side affect; loss of appetite, constant nightmares, grey hairs, it only links to depression," she told me.