Chapter 9

..
Hermione

Draco apparated us to the front gates of Malfoy Manor. Saying I was terrified, would be an understatement.

I tightly held Draco's hand as we walked up to the manor.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked.

"No," I replied. "Stay close to me."

"I won't let anything happen if I can help it," he told me before knocking on the large door.

Within seconds a house elf welcomed us in. Of course Malfoys would have house elves. The elf showed us to the sitting room where Narcissa and Lucius were having a quiet conversation.

Draco released my hand when Narcissa looked in our direction.

"Draco!" She exclaimed, hugging him.

He hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"Hullo Mum," he greeted.

He nodded in his father's direction.

"Father."

His father nodded back.

"Who's this?" Narcissa asked, gesturing me.

"Hermione Granger, my fiancée," Draco told her.

She held out a hand for me to shake and I obliged.

"Nice to meet you dear," she told me.

"You too," I replied.

Lucius walked up to me and offered me his hand, I glanced at Draco who nodded. I put my hand in Lucius'. He looked like he was bout to kiss it before he quickly turned my hand over and pulled up my sleeve. He saw the word carved into my flesh and sneered.

He pushed me back, making me stumble, and turned to Draco.

"Why would you bring a Mudblood into my home?!" He shouted. "And this Mudblood at that?!

I flinched at his tone but Draco was unaffected.

"I told you, she is my fiancee," Draco said in a calm voice.

"My only son will not marry a Mudblood!"

"Lucius-"

"Stay out of this Narcissa!" Lucius growled.

Lucius grabbed Draco by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the wall. He hit his head.

"Draco!" I cried.

I rushed forward about to help him when Lucius stunned me.

"Lucius!" Narcissa shrieked. "What has gotten into-"

"Confundus," Lucius said, in her direction.

Narcissa was confused. Lucius stunned Draco. If I could be shaking, I would have. He took my wand and took the charm off of me.

"Mr. Malf-"

"Crucio!" He growled.

I fell to the ground and screamed. I felt as if a thousand knives were stabbing me at once. The pain was unimaginable.

"Crucio!" He repeated the second the last curse wore off.

"Draco!" I screamed.

Lucius shouted with fury and made a wide gash appear on my stomach.

This time, my voice gave out mid scream and I twitched on the floor. Blood seeped from the wounds he created.

Narcissa slowly figured out what happened and stunned Lucius. I was getting hazy, so I didn't know how Draco got by my side.