Fools Folly

The next morning Harry was up and ready at five oclock, in the hope to find some helpful books in the library.
He was stopped short however by the arrival of Hermione

"Good morning Harry, I wasn't expecting to see you this early in the morning but im glad I did, could I talk to you?" Hermione asked

"Sure Hermione but your going ro have to walk with me to the library" Harry replied

"Okay" she replied
"Well I was just wondering why you and ron are fighting, he came back lastnight but you didn't and he avoided me all night"

"Because I went and saved draco from the chamber of secrets."

"Really, I had heard that the basalisk had taken someone but no one knew who" Hermione asked disbelievingly "so how did that cause a fight?"

"Ron felt it better to just let malfoy die so he came back to the common room and I went after Draco myself."

"Oh my gosh Harry, do you know how dangeeous that was, going down there alone?"

"Yea I do but someone had to. I couldn't let him die"

"How did he even get down there?" Hermione asked as they began the trek down the stairs

"He was being possesed by Voldemort, but when we were in the infermary, people dressed in long black robes came in and arreseted him"

"Im sure that dumbledore will help him though" the girl tried to reason

"Dumbledore called them, he said so himself" Harry blanched

"Really? Are you sure you heard him right?"

"Yes, he said that repercussions were in order for such dangerous and heinous crimes" Harry paraphrased

"Im sure Draco will be okay though, his family is pretty well conected" she tried again

"Why does this not bother you Hermione?" Harry asked blatantly

"Because he is nothing but rude to anyone who he deems inferior to himself, he is snobish and spoiled. As far as im conserned he is getting what he diserves"

"Your wrong Hermione. Draco was possesed and saying he is a criminal for it is like calling me a murderer because I killed Voldemort. Draco is a victim of circumstance and I dont understand how you can't see that"

"I think your trying to see good that is not there" Hermione stated

"And I think I finally understand why no one likes you. You are incredibly smart yet totaly ignorant at the same time. You know Hermione, intelligence is not a good thing if your only going to focus on one side of the topic."

"HOW DARE YOU?"

"Oh yes, hevans me, how dare I tell the truth. How dare have hope that someone could be worth saving." Harry was ready to walk of but stopped himself short "maybe if you weren't so obnoxiously full of yourself, you would be able to see past your own nose and see that you are making an unfathomable mistake" and with that Harry turned his back on Hermione and walked into the library.