Top Of The Pops

"You guys are going to do just fine," I tell the guys as I finish making sure Colin looked decent.

They guys are performing for the first time on Top Of The Pops because "New York Mining Disaster 1941" made the top 20 here in the U.K. All 5 of them haven't done anything like this before and they were freaking out.

"I don't know, Chris," Robin says, fear in his voice.

I step back, put my hands on my hips, and look at them all. "What is wrong with you guys? When have you been scared to perform? You will do fine and I'll be in the audience watching you guys."

Before they can say anything, they are called to get ready. I give each of them a hug as they go then I make my way out to the audience. I watch as the guys get set up and are announced. They start to play and it seemed like all of their nerves were gone.

"Would you like to dance?" I hear over the guys playing.

I turn and see a good looking guy. He had blond hair in a Beatles cut with blue-gray eyes. He looked like he was about my age. "I'd love to!"

We begin to dance and he asks, "Are you visiting for the holiday?"

I chuckle and reply, "No! I'm not visiting! I'm with the band!"

He looked amazed and surprised at the same time. "Really? You don't seem like you would be!"

"But I am! I was actually with them when they recorded this song!"

"That's cool! You want to get something to eat afterward?"

I chuckle. We haven’t said much to each other and he already wanted a date. I’m not complaining, I think a date with him would be nice. "I have to go back stage after the guys are done! Why don't you come with me then we can sneak out with them and get something to eat!"

"Sounds good to me!"

The guys finish the song and everyone claps. I give them a thumbs up and lead my mystery guy to the back. I see the guys backstage and run up to them, pulling Mo, Robin, and Barry into a hug.

"You guys did great."

"You being here helped," Barry says.

"You want to come and get something to eat with us?" Vince asks.

"I can't. I have my own date," I tell them motioning my head toward what's-his-name.

All of them look and get grins on their faces. "Want one of us to go?" Robin asks.

"I will be fine on my own." I know they want to come along but I know they also trust me to be alone with a guy.

I give each of them a hug, walk back to my mystery man, and head out of the building. We walk a block down the street to a little diner and have seat at a booth.

"We can finally talk," I say once we get our drinks and our orders are taken.

"Why don't we start with names? I'm Kelly Shawley."

"Christine Buckley."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you."

"So tell me how you sound American but work here with a British music group," he says as he puts his elbows on the table and places his chin in his hand like he was interested in what I was going to say.

"Well, my mother grew up in Manchester then moved to America when she was done with school. She met my dad, married him, then they had me. We moved to Manchester when I was about 5 or 6 then moved back to the states when I was about 12. I spent the rest of my school years there and I officially moved back here in March.” All of that seemed like a lot but really, it was the shortened version of it all.