The Orchestra and Choir Have Gathered

"Stop it," Robin spats as he swats my hand away from his hair.

I throw my hands up in surrender and take a couple steps back. I just wanted to make sure he looked decent before going on stage. The Bee Gees are playing at the Royal Albert Hall and it was a big moment. It's so big, I was told not to help with the planning or to be around for the rehearsal.

"Sorry. I was just making sure you looked good."

"Your just as bad as Mum," Maurice comments as he walks behind me.

I elbow him and give him the stink eye. He knows I don't like comments like that. He chuckles as he quickens his pace so I couldn't get another shot in. The other four guys chuckle and I start to chuckle as well.

"So do I get to know what happens tonight?" I ask once again.

"You will find out when everyone else does," Vince tells me.

"Come on," I whine. "I'm part of this group too. Why don't I get to know?"

Barry grabs my shoulder and starts leading me to the door that separated the public and private areas. "Because we don't want you to know. Now go take your seat and enjoy the concert."

I sigh. We make it to the door and Barry opens it for me. I stand in the doorway and look at him as I say, "Fine. But this better be worth it."

"It will. Now go."

I give one more smile before I head to my seat. Normally I stay back stage and watch but the guys insisted that I sit in the audience this time. They even had a seat saved for me in the front row. I make it there, finally seeing that it was in the middle of the row. I sit down as the screaming fans are let into the hall.

It doesn't take long for everyone to find their seats and chatter to fill the room. It's amazing how loud they all could get. The chatter quickly changes to screams as the guys walk onto the stage. I decided to join in as they start to sing.

"Hello, everybody!" Barry greets after they finish the first song. "Before we continue, all of us want to wish an early birthday to a good friend of ours. This concert is for you."

I blush and give them a smile as they start the next song. Is that all they have; saying happy birthday to me? That's why I wasn't a part of this? I let all of that go as they keep playing. It was nice just being a fan and having fun.

The whole concert was amazing. I now know why they kept this a secret to me. They had a choir in the audience sing to "Birdie Told Me" and when they got to "I've Decided To Join The Air Force," they had the Air Force band come in through all the doors and play along. When both happened, I would look at the guys with a look of shock and amazement. Their replies were big smiles and little chuckles.

They finish up the concert with no other surprises and while everyone is cheering, I quickly run backstage. I give a slow clap and smirk as the guys make their way off the stage.

"Thank you for the free concert, fellas," I say once all five of them were in front of me. "It makes the top of my list for favorite concerts."

"We hoped it would work out," Vince replies.

"You guys also didn't have to say it was my birthday, or at least will be my birthday."

A smirk appears on all of their faces. They were hiding something. It has to be a big one with how big their smirks are. I push it off as Colin and Vince hug me before leaving. I then hug Maurice and Robin goodbye. They apparently had somewhere to go. With the four gone, it makes Barry and I the last ones to leave.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

I nod before we make our way out to his car. I had rode here with Barry and he was taking me home. The ride was quiet but when we don't take a turn we're supposed to, I speak up.

"Where are we going? I thought you were taking me home?"

"I am," he says. "But we're making a quick stop first."

This must be where the grins come into play. "Where are we stopping?"

"You'll see."

I groan and look out my window. I'm not going to get anything out of him. Time passes and we pull up to a little house with multiple cars parked in front of it. I knew the house and I knew the cars.

"Why are we at your parents' house?" I ask as we get out of his car.

"You'll find out."

I groan again. I really want to know what this is all about. We walk up to the front door and Barry walks right in. I stop at the door a little confused but decide to go on in. Normally the guys knock even if they call ahead of times.

I make my way into the living room and I can't find anyone, not even Barry. He moved fast. I turn to the kitchen but take a step back instead of a step forward. In the kitchen stood 11 people I love. Barry had Andy at his side, Robin and Maurice stood alongside Colin and Vince, Hugh stood beside my dad, and Mom, Barbra, and Grandma stood in the middle of everyone while holding a cake.

They all start to sing "Happy Birthday" as I make my way into the kitchen, hesitant that something else might happen. I step up to the cake, feeling that I was safe and finally see that it said, "Happy 21th Birthday, Christine." So the concert was like a little present for my birthday before the party. They finish singing and I wait a second before blowing out the candles.

"I can't believe this," I say as the cake is being sliced by Dad and Hugh. "You guys didn't have to do this."

"It's not every our baby turns 21," Mom says pulling me into a hug.

"We also wanted to have the party after the concert," Colin adds, "since it was our present to you."

"I figured it was a present.”

“There’s more where that came from,” Dad tells me as he hands me a slice of cake.

Barry moves beside me as he gets his slice and an idea pops into my head. I take off some of the icing on my piece of cake with my hand and before anyone could react or realize what I was doing, I smash the icing in Barry’s face. I hear a gasp from everyone but Barry quickly catches on to what I had done. He takes some of his icing along with some cake and shoves it in my face.

I wipe it off and grab some more of my cake. He just accepted the war. I throw my hand toward his face but he ducks, my hand landing on Maurice’s face. Now it was more than just Barry and I. Within seconds, all of us except for Mom, Dad, Grandma, Barbra, and Hugh are involved in a cake fight. We all know better but we can’t help it.

A loud whistle fills the room and we all stop abruptly. We look around and see Grandma looking at us sternly. “Get cleaned up instantly.”

The 7 of us look at each other and laugh. I have to say that today has probably been one of my favorites. And this is probably the best birthday I’ve had in my 21 years on this earth.