Chapter 2

I was halfway through my walk to the subway station when my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

Pulling it out I saw I had a text from my annoying yet lovable best friend.

That was enough to have me frowning. Not because she texted me, but because it was 7:00 a.m. She lived right next to the school so she never, and I mean never, woke up this early. So, I expected the text to be an emergency and read something like:

"Someone set my house on fire and now I'm homeless" or "I took a ski trip and an avalanche paralyzed me from the waist down", but when I read it, it simply said:

Did u hear what happened at school yesterday?

I had missed school yesterday because of a doctor's appointment so of course I had no idea what she was talking about.

Frowning I texted back.

No...u know I didn't come to school yesterday. What happened? Is everything ok?

Not even two seconds later-

Archer Daniels is SINGLE!!!!

This was followed by a gif of some random girl dancing on a table.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. That's what she had to tell me?!

If there was one thing Megan would wake up this early for, it would be Archer Daniels. Colton High School's very own stereotypical bad ass who just so happened to have every female in the school drooling at his feet, and unfortunately that included Megan, poor thing.

Archer had been dating Avery Robinson, and what a perfect match they made. If he was a badass then she was the bitchy queen bee. Surprisingly enough though, they had been dating for almost a year now. So, even though I couldn't care less about Archer's love life, my curiosity won out and I texted back.

What happened between him and Avery??? And why do u care??? U have a boyfriend remember???

Megan texted back almost instantly.

It's not like I'm gonna break up with him over this, I'm just delivering the news. And anyway Archer caught Avery in one of the old bathrooms with another boy and u won't believe who it was!!!!

I really wished Megan was with me right now so I could slap her. She loved to let the suspense build up when she told a story. She was all for the dramatics. She could never just flat out tell you anything.

Who was it?!?

Cade!!!

I actually stopped walking, causing a few people to bump into me and send me dirty looks as I read the text over and over in the middle of the sidewalk just to make sure I read it right.

Cade Phillips and Archer had been best friends for as long as I could remember. They went all the way back to pre-school, and as far as I knew they had always been trouble makers together. They were like partners in crime. The milk to each other's cereal and all that.

They might as well have been married. To hear that he was the one that was caught in the bathroom with Avery was shocking to say the least.  Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same thing about Avery. She was known for doing things like this, hence the name ''24/7 Market" which I so graciously gave to her because her legs were always open.

I mean don't get me wrong, I had nothing against girls who liked a no strings attached kind of relationship, but when they started wrecking relationships by purposely hooking up with guys, who were just as guilty might I add, that they knew were in relationships, well that's where I made the distinction between harmless fun and homewrecker.

Was it mean to call her a 24/7 Market though? Probably, but it was true. I needed both my hands and feet and maybe even a few of Megan's to count how many guys that she had slept with, and those were just the ones I knew about. But, I'm not judging.

Live your best life and all that.

I tapped rapidly at the buttons on my screen as I continued walking.

Are u serious?!! What did Archer do when he caught them?

He literally exploded. There was tons of screaming and cursing, and he actually punched Cade in the nose. I'm pretty sure he broke it. There was blood everywhere. They had to pull him off.

Wow...

Yeah, it's like I always say...you can't turn a high school whore into a housewife.

I don't think that's how the saying goes.

I'm pretty sure it does. Anyway, I'll give u more details when u get to school.

Lol k...

I slipped my phone back into my pocket smiling at my idiotic excuse for a best friend and looked up to see that I was at the subway station.

It was crazy how a little bit of gossip could make time fly.

By the time I had paid and made my way into the subway car that would take me closer to school it was 7:15.

Sighing I found myself a seat towards the back and as far away from everyone else as possible.

I hated when I went out in public and the public was actually there.

It was only after I had sat down and was about to pull out my pair of headphones ready to expertly ignore everyone, that I realized who was sitting right across from me looking like someone had definitely peed in his cheerios this morning.

Sitting there, arms crossed, and dressed in a black hoodie and jeans, was none other than Archer Daniels.