Chapter 23

Gemma's P.O.V

So apparently my navigating skills were improving after all because I ended up getting us back to the entrance. Sure I made a few wrong turns but the end result was the same.

I felt someone brush up against me as we were walking and I turned, fully expecting it to be Archer because once again, that boy didn't understand the concept of personal space, but instead found Dylan standing next to me.

"So, do you know where we're going or are we just taking in the scenery?" he asked.

For some unexplained reason I glanced over my shoulder at Archer to see Rose holding his hand and looking up at him with the widest smile on her face. I had no idea how she could be smiling at a time like this but I was glad to see it. It made sense that Archer of all people could make her smile after what she'd been through. I mean who wouldn't smile while looking at a face like his?

Woah. Where did that come from?

I quickly turned back around ignoring the warmth spreading throughout my face from my thoughts and found Dylan staring at me with a knowing look on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Dylan shook his head, that look never leaving his face.

"I just asked you a question but apparently you were too busy checking him out to notice." Dylan gestured to Archer with his head.

If it was even possible my face became even hotter and I knew it probably looked like a beet now.

"W-what are you talking about?"

Dylan just shook his head.

"Don't play dumb. I saw what happened back there. I'd say you wanted to give him a lot more than just a simple thank you and a hug for saving you if y'all know what I mean." Dylan wiggled his eyebrows.

My face was on fire.

"Give who a thank you?" I jumped at the sound of Archer's voice. When had he gotten so close?

I turned around and was now more aware than ever of how close we were.

"Um...I- He...ugh...what?"

Great job Gemma. Way to show off your great speaking skills.

Dylan cleared his throat and when I looked back at him he had one eyebrow raised almost as if he was daring me to deny what he had just said.

I didn't have time for this. We had a bunch of psychotic masked lunatics running around playing a game of extreme hide-n-seek. There was no time to talk about my love life. Not that I had one.

"It's nothing. Let's just keep moving." I shot Dylan a glare before turning around and hurrying forward.

I was so busy trying to get away from Dylan and Archer and stop myself before I embarrassed myself any further that I didn't even notice it. Not until it was too late.

The same time I heard Archer and Dylan scream my name was the same time I tripped over something and a black shadow darted out and struck me across the head.

Why the fuck did this keep happening to me?! Not that I wanted anything bad to happen to the others but there were other people down here too dammit. It's like this entire place was out to get me.

I swear I had the luck of a black cat who lived under a ladder.

I felt pain shoot through my head from the impact as I hit the ground. My vision started to go in and out of focus and I was vaguely aware of something swinging in front of me.