Chapter 35

3 Weeks Later

"That's not it."

"It is."

"It isn't."

"I think of all people I'd know best and I'm telling you that's not it."

"And I'm telling you that it is."

"Fine, why don't we let her tell us then."

"Fine."

We both faced forward, waiting for the girl in question to give us our answer.

A few seconds passed and then...

"My favorite part of the day was when we climbed the big red hill and once we got to the top it turned out to be the big red chicken!"

I spun around and punched Archer in the shoulder. "Ha! I told you that was going to be her favorite part!"

Yes, we were watching Dora The Explorer.

It may or may not have become our thing after Archer had given me the nickname while we were lost down there.

It had been a little over three weeks since the incident on the subway and I was sitting in the living room of Archer's freakishly large house, dressed in a pair of gray sweats, a tank top, and a pair of hot pink fuzzy socks watching Dora The Explorer with Archer while both our parents cooked in the kitchen.

I never thought I'd see the day that my parents and I would be having dinner with Archer and his parents.

The first few days after the incident were chaotic to say the least. At the hospital it was revealed that I had a few bruised ribs, one dislocated rib, a minor concussion, and other minor cuts and bruises. My parents refused to leave my side.

The day I was released and went home I had just wanted to relax and be alone so I went to my room to watch some mindless tv. The only problem was that when I turned on my tv the first person I saw was Rose and the man and woman I saw hugging her before I was taken to the hospital.

They were talking about how traumatic the whole experience was for them to some reporter. It turned out that the man and woman were her real parents and Rose had actually been reported missing over a month ago.

That little bit of information ruined my whole day. I spent the whole day wondering, if those were Rose's real parents then how did she get mixed up with Dox? Did he kidnap her? And why did she call him Daddy then? What had he done to her?

To make things even worse, Dylan and his family were trying to sue mine.

Yes, Dylan was alive and apparently he had made the whole thing out to be my fault. He blamed me for all of his injuries and claimed that I tried to lead him to his death because I grew infatuated with him while we were down there and he didn't feel the same way. Those were his exact words.

On a more positive note, the remaining guy who had been with Dox had been captured not long after the incident.

Unfortunately that still left one that was unaccounted for but I didn't try to think about that.

The ending theme music to Dora cut on and I jumped up and down yelling "I was right!" until I felt satisfied with myself and slumped back down on the couch with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, real mature." Archer teased before sticking his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh yeah, and you're definitely the mature one in this relationship."

"I am." Archer crossed his arms and pouted.

I crawled over so I was right next to him and pinched one of his cheeks.