Chapter 16

"What do we do about him?" I asked quietly, gesturing towards Sheep Mask who still laid unconscious on the ground a few feet away.

Archer glanced over his shoulder at him before turning back to face me with a look of disgust on his face.

"I should kill him."

My eyes widened in disbelief. While I hated the guy like I hated Monday mornings, I didn't think I could live with something like that.

I shook my head. "Let's just leave him."

Archer scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What? Are you feeling sorry for him now? If you don't remember he just tried to kill us!"

"And killing him would make us no better than him." I shot back, folding my arms across my chest.

"This isn't the time for morality. Right now it's kill or be killed and I don't know about you but I don't plan on dying down here so suck it up and get over it if you want to live." Archer all but shouted in my face.

My eyes widened even farther in shock at Archer's words before anger quickly replaced it and I narrowed my eyes at him. I took a few bold steps forward until we were only a few inches apart. I jabbed my finger into his hard chest before speaking.

"I don't know what crawled up your ass but you need to pull it out and calm the fuck down. I haven't been in many life threatening situations, especially ones where fucktards run around playing dress up and trying to kill people! So excuse me if I have a hard time getting used to the idea of killing somebody! But by all means," I swept my arm forward in a grand gesture. "If you want to go shooting people left and right like it's nothing be my fucking guest!"

I spun on my heel after catching a glimpse of Archer's stunned expression and marched straight for the tunnel.

A few seconds later I heard Archer's hurried footsteps behind me before I felt his hand on my shoulder.

I shook his hand away and kept on stomping forward into the tunnel sending the green sludge flying everywhere, but I didn't really care. I hoped some of it flew into Archer's stupid mouth.

"Gemma wait." Archer called after me but being the stubborn person that I was, I ignored him and kept on going.

I heard him sigh heavily behind me.

"Do you even know where you're going?"

I glanced over my shoulder, shooting him a glare before I faced forward again. "Yeah, where ever you're not."

"You can't seriously be mad at me." Archer scoffed which only caused my temper to flare.

I spun around and shoved his chest hard.

The steroid-eating-goober didn't even budge. He did however look pretty surprised.

"I am mad at you. I mean I'm all for knocking the shit out of people but killing somebody? I can't do that and you just threw it in my face like I'm supposed to be able to do something like that. I've never killed anybody Archer! Maybe that type of stuff is easy for a badass like yourself, but not for me." I huffed and prepared to turn back around before I felt Archer grab my wrist and pull me forward so I collided with his chest.

My breath hitched and my heart was suddenly hammering in my chest. My previous anger momentarily forgotten, I looked up into those green pools and swallowed hard when I saw the intense look in them.

Hmm. So that's how he got all those girls to fall at his feet.

His eyes were dangerous man.

Two green pools of, "I can get you in my bed with just a look."

"W-what are you doing?" I cursed my voice for sounding so trembling.

Be strong!

Archer stared at me for a few more seconds before he spoke.

"I'd never ask you do something you didn't want to." He said, his voice extremely low.

I swallowed again. "Well you kind of just did back there."

A corner of Archer's mouth twitched like he was trying to suppress a smile.

I dared him to smile. I'd slap it off his face faster than I swipe my card at Starbucks.

"No, if I remember correctly I told you to suck it up. I was going to be the one to do it."

The asshole.

I scoffed and pulled back, giving myself some much needed breathing room.

"That's no better. That's like kicking a puppy and telling someone to be okay with it."

Archer just shook his head at me.

"No, it's more like seeing a lion running at you, ready to have your little ass for dinner and even though you love animals you need to choose between letting it live or killing it to save yourself."

I stared at him with a blank expression before shaking my head and turning around continuing down the tunnel.

"That's a stupid analogy."

"How?" Archer demanded as he fell into step beside me.

"Because everybody knows that all I'd have to do is break into a song and dance to befriend it. Haven't you watched The Lion King?"

Archer was silent for a moment before he burst into a fit of laughter. He even went as far as bending over and clutching his ribs like anything I had just said was even remotely funny. I was being completely serious.

When his laughter finally died down he looked back up at me with an amused expression on his face.

"That is not how The Lion King went. There weren't even any humans in that movie."

I scoffed, shaking my head. " What are you talking about? I've watched it over a million times. I think I'd know how the movie went. " I said in a serious tone.

I heard Archer chuckle behind me before he slung his arm around my shoulder and even though I should have punched him in the stomach I let him.

Archer sighed before glancing down at me.

"What am I going to do with you?"

"You could start by finding the exit and getting me the hell out of here then you can do whatever you want with me." I teased. I didn't realize how that sounded until I actually said it out loud. Archer seemed to take my teasing a little too seriously  for my liking though, as I saw him give me that look. He didn't even bother trying to hide it.

Boys.

Men.

Hell, the male species as a whole.

We were basically fighting for our lives down here and his mind was in the gutter.

"I'm holding you to that." He said as he led the way down the tunnel.