Chapter 24

When Dylan had interrupted Archer and called us over, a small part of me was hoping that he'd found the way out of here.

No such luck. Instead I was greeted with what looked like freshly sprayed red spray paint across one of the tunnel walls.

Dylan and Rose were standing in front of it, Dylan had a look of confusion on his face and Rose was frowning like she was trying to figure out what she was looking at.

As we got closer I realized that they were staring at words sprayed across the wall.

Dylan glanced over his shoulder at me then back at the wall.

"What do you make of this?" He asked still looking at the wall.

I stepped closer so I could get a better look and read the words out loud.

"It started out with two, looking for a door.

Because of bravery, there are now four.

One is the key to freedom and the other holds wisdom.

Let the wrong one lead you and you'll end up in a deadly prism.

Beware though, because all is not what it seems.

One in the group is the reason why you'll scream."

I read the words over and over again in my head before turning to look at Dylan and Archer.

"What kind of shitty poetry is this?"

Dylan sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

Archer tilted his head to the side as he studied the words. Then as if he suddenly had it all figured out he turned to us with a bright smile and wide eyes.

"You figured out what it means?" I asked eagerly.

Archer made a show of taking a deep breath and then all at once his smile and wide eyes were replaced with a straight face and he answered with, "No."

I narrowed my eyes at him before punching him in the shoulder.

"Ow! What was that for?!" he yelled while rubbing his shoulder.

"For being such an as-" I glanced at Rose quickly then back at Archer. "For being such a butt." I amended.

Archer glanced at the words again then smirked when he looked back at me. "Well I can make a few assumptions about the last part."

I watched as he stepped closer to me then leaned in so his lips were just brushing up against my ear and I had to try really hard to control my breathing.

"I know a few ways to make you scream." He said, his voice low.

When he leaned back with that smirk still on his face, my face was burning.

I stared at him with wide eyes before I narrowed them at him again.

"You're suppose to be all heartbroken. Stop flirting with me." I huffed then spun on my heels to study the words some more.

To my surprise I heard Archer chuckle before I could feel him right behind me.

"You could help me get over it a lot faster."

At first I wasn't sure what he was talking about but when it hit me my face heated up again.

Was this boy serious right now?

Once again, we were in a life or death situation and here he was thinking with that thing in his pants again.

"Why don't you go and bang your head against the wall and see if it'll make a big enough hole so we can get out of here?" I suggested.

Archer shook his head. "I'd rather bang something else."

Oh. My...

"Archer!"

Archer laughed and held his hands up defensively.

"Okay, okay. I'm done."

I huffed and continued to study the wall. This really wasn't the time for this.

"Good, now put that big head of yours to use and help me figure this out."

"I'd rather use some other big part of my body to help you."

Before I could punch him again Archer had jumped back and was now on the other side of Dylan who looked like he was trying his hardest to keep a straight face.

Dylan put his hand to his heart and shook his head. "It does my heart good when people can find love in the worst situations. Being stuck in an abandoned subway tunnel with a bunch of asylum escapees trying to skin you alive always brings people closer. They should make a movie about this."

I shook my head and turned back to the wall, but not before shooting Archer one last glare.

"It started off with two, looking for a door." I mumbled to myself.

"That could mean you and Archer." Dylan pointed out. "You both started off together right?"

I nodded slowly. 

"Because of bravery there are now four. That has to be about Archer. Because he saved you, me, and Rose there's four of us now." I added.

"Okay so what about the rest? Who's the key to freedom and who has wisdom?" Archer asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know but I can make a safe bet and say that you aren't the one with wisdom." I said with a smirk of my own.

Archer shot me a look. "Okay then Ms.Wisdom, what's the deadly prism?"

I shrugged again. "I thought that was how you referred to shapes after you flunked geometry last year."

"I did not flunk. I got a fifty nine point nine which is basically a sixty so I passed." He defended.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I shot back.

"You guys?" Rose spoke quietly.

"You're just mad because our geometry teacher was hot and she had a thing for me." Archer continued grinning.

My eyes widened. 

"You can't be serious!"

"Umm you guys?" Rose spoke again but I was barely paying attention.

"First of all our teacher wasn't hot and she definitely didn't have a thing for you. The only reason you passed is because she didn't want to have to deal with you for another year."

"Oh please, did you see the way she looked at me? I bet if I wanted I could've had her bent over the-"

"I really don't want to hear about your gross imaginations." I interrupted.

"They aren't imagina—"

"GUYS!!!"

Everybody stopped and turned to look at Rose. Her eyes were wide and her face a sickly pale color.

"What is it Rose? What's wrong?" I asked.

Almost in slow motion she lifted her arm and pointed ahead of her.

Everybody looked down to the opposite end of the tunnel where she was pointing and my blood ran cold.

Standing at the end of the tunnel, completely silent and staring at us, was the man in the Jason mask.