Chapter 12: I Have To Save Her

CHAPTER 12

- The Hospital -

Barry had just arrived at the hospital when he saw Joe pulling up. Joe was shocked that Barry was on his feet and came rushing up to him.

"Bare your leg? You got your speed back?" Joe asked now walking with Barry towards the entrance. He noticed something was different but couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Yeah Joe its a long story but I'm fine, honestly" Barry said brushing it off and picking up his pace a little, he wanted to see Iris.

"Are you sure?" Joe asked again knowing something was off.

"Joe I'm fine" Barry said this time snapping.

Joe just nodded his head at Barry not wanting to push him anymore, but he got out his phone and sent a text to Cisco. 

Joe: 'What's up with Barry?'

Cisco read the message and replied instantly. Cisco: 'Are you with him now?'

Joe:  Yes??

Cisco:  'I can't tell you now, i'll call and explain later when Barry's not around'

Joe:  'Should I be worried?'

Cisco:  'We've got it under control, just keep him in your sights until I call him'

Joe:  'Got it'

And with that Joe put his phone away not fully knowing what was wrong with Barry but keeping a close eye on him. Barry noticed Joe texting back and forth with someone but he couldn't care less at this moment and he just wanted to see Iris.

Barry entered Iris's room, cringing at the sight, he wanted a serum for Iris something that could help her.

Dr. Fitzbery walked in shocked at the fact Barry was standing.

"Barry!" Dr. Fiztbery said shocked. "What an earth are you doing on that leg, you need to keep off it" Dr. Fitzbery said rushing to Barry sitting him down. Barry couldn't be bothered to argue with with the doctor and he just sat down so he didn't have to explain the fact that he could heal at an extraordinary speed.

"Sorry I'm okay really" Barry said getting frustrated.

"Good lad" Dr. Fitzbery said now taking Iris's chart in his hand and looking over her latest vitals and blood results. He rubbed his chin and furrowed his eyebrows, making Barry and Joe nervous.

"Whats wrong?" Barry said bluntly demanding to know what was wrong.

"Im concerned at the lack of consistency with Miss West's vitals and blood work" Dr Fitzbery said looking back at Iris to see almost as if he was trying to figure out what to prescribe her.

"Call her Iris" Barry said again sounding rude.

"Barry don't be so rude" Joe said now feeling like he should intervene.

"It's okay Barry you have every right to be on edge, I mean the pain you must be in its, understandable, and with Iris stuck in here like this" Dr Fitzbery said, giving Joe a small thank you nod.