Chapter 15: Ferno

Barry paced up and down checking his watch for the hundredth time,"7.05 where is she" he was waiting for Caitlin to arrive at Star Labs, he saw he car pull up and raced down to greet her.

"Barry I said no speed until your fully healed" Caitlin scolded as the red lightning lit up the underground car park.

Barry ignored Caitlin following her close behind wanting to get to the reason he had been waiting for her. "Caitlin its been a week and nothings happened, why hasn't she woken up yet?" Barry asked feeling his eyes prick with his tears as the thought of loosing Iris popped back into his head.

"Barry I told you these things take time,I told you it might not work" Caitlin said sympathetically, now getting in the lift with Barry.

"Caitlin please, you have to do something" Barry pleaded.

"Barry.. theres nothing else I can do" Caitlin said feeling defeated like she let her best friend down.

Barry stood for a few minutes as the lift reached the top floor, Barry walked towards Iris who had been there for a week now with no signs of improvement. 

"Caitlin" Barry mumbled clutching Iris by the hand.

Caitlin who was observing Barry and Iris from the window now entered hearing her friend call her name. " Barry are you okay?" Caitlin asked inching closer to him.

"Be honest with me" Barry whimpered tears stinging his eyes. "Is there any signs of her waking up? Is there any signs of her getting better?" Barry asked biting back the tears.

"Well..no, I mean her vitals are good, her blood work is great, and her infection is better but her lungs are just extremely weak" Caitlin said again simplifying her doctor talk enough for Barry to understand.

Cisco had arrived now hearing the conversation between Barry and Caitlin, he decided he would hang back and let them talk. If Iris was going to die then it was something Barry would have to accept slowly.

"Im going to loose her aren't I?" Barry asked coking on his tears now.

Caitlin went to reply but was stopped by Cisco who was alerting them of meta human activity. "guys I hate to interrupt but we have a big problem" Cisco said anxiously.

Barry and Caitlin rushed to the cortex looking to the monitor which showed a meta human causing havoc in the city centre.

"Who is that?" Barry asked completely forgetting about Iris in the moment.

"A meta we haven't seem before he can control fire, thats pretty cool" Cisco said amused watching the man spurt flames from his hands.

"Not cool, he's burning that building, what do we do?" Caitlin said knowing Barry was still too weak to be fighting meta humans.

Barry sped off changing into his suit. "Barry no!" Caitlin protested.

"Caitlin he's burning the city, I can't just stand here and do nothing" Barry said knowing he wasn't strong enough but he needed the distraction and he knew he couldn't let the city burn.

'Yeah Ferno has to be stopped" Cisco said wanting to agree with both Caitlin and Barry.

"Ferno, really? You know he shouldn't be going" Caitlin said shaking her head at Cisco wishing he would side with her.

"Guys theres no time for arguments" Barry said speeding off towards the city. Barry followed the smoke to the burning building, he ran around the perimeter and no sign of Ferno, so Barry ran inside looking for victims.

"Cisco do you see him on any of the traffic cams?" Barry asked through his headset rushing people out of the burning building, then running back in to check for more.