ONE

You know that one friend that you had and you did everything with. You were so close you practically were like sisters? But then you get into high school and after a few months of being nobodies you finally get into the inner circle with all the beautiful people.

That was three years of my life, in with the crowd and had no worries in life. I felt like a princess, but that was before my parents told my three older brothers and I that they were getting a divorce. Before my boyfriend who happened to be one of the hottest guys at school decided to cheat on me with my so called best friend. And this was all before I became the social outcast of the school and got reduced to being nothing, basically residing at the bottom of the food chain.

So now here I am dreading getting out of my car and entering the school. I mean it’s been a whole summer since the biggest separation of the century happened between me and my former friends. I finally get out of my car and make my way up the stairs and walk to my locker. Someone would say that the stares I’m getting from most of the students would be from what I’m wearing today, black ripped skinny jeans with flats and my brother Seth’s green hoodie which makes me look like a bunny in a sack but I don’t care. But we all know that they’re looking at me for something else and not for the fact that I traded my normal barbie clothes for rags.

It’s the first day of school and I’m already tired of this year. I get to my locker and take out everything that I’m gonna be needing for today. I look over my schedule and go to Chemistry which happens to be my first class of the day.

The moment I step foot into class all eyes get focused on me and I know what they’re thinking which is probably the same thing that everyone in that hallway was thinking “What happened to her?”. I sit on one of the desks at the back and try to make myself invisible.

Five minutes before class starts and the whispers are already getting out of control. “She’s so pale”, “She looks like a vampire”, I mean come on can’t high school kids be creative but I do agree with them I do look pale and it’s because I locked myself in my room the whole summer.

A guy maybe in his late twenties enters the class and everyone becomes quiet. The girls are literally drooling and I don’t blame them, the guy looked amazing. He steps behind the teacher’s desk and takes a chalk from the drawer then he writes on the board in bold capital letters MR BANNER, as he turns to look at us everyone is in shock.

“That there is my name and I will be your Chemistry teacher for this year”. We’re so silent you can hear a penny drop.

“From the looks on your faces I can see you were all expecting old Mr Smith, I’m afraid he had to retire due to his health so you have me now” he finishes with a smile, at this point I can hear every girl sigh. I roll my eyes, come on the guy is pretty and dresses like a model but he is still your TEACHER.

The person who was part of ruining my life takes that moment to barge into class. “And you are?” Mr Banner asks “Kimberly O’Brien” she says with a smile, “Why are you late to my class Kimberly?”.

She plays with her hair, I mean seriously? “I have to take my time to look this hot” she says emphasising the t.

“I suggest that you wake up early next time to prepare, so you can’t be late for my class, got it?” her smile falters and she nods. So much for flirting with the teacher, I think I’m going to like this class.

The day goes by so quickly and the final bell for the day rings. Students quickly make their way out of class, I drag my feet and slowly go to my locker. I put my folders back in and take my homework. My day so far has been Kimberly free and I am enjoying every minute that I don’t get to see her or my former friends.

Just as I’m about to reach my car I hear the most annoying sound in this entire world, but the worse thing is it’s directed at me.