TWENTY TWO

Life has pretty much been okay for a while. It’s been about three weeks since my date with Tyler and everything has been going as smooth as it possibly can. My life has been Kimberly free, thank the heavens for that.

I am super excited because the year is almost up, and for me that means my birthday is around the corner.

Whoop whoop!

Turning eighteen is one of the most exciting things that could ever happen to me. I am finally venturing into the adulthood. I am ready for whatever it’s gonna throw at me..

Also exam season is upon us one again. The fourth and final term of the year, and so far I haven’t had a panic attack. If I kept having them I might as well call myself Panic!At the Disco.

Haha..just made a VERY lame band joke...

Anyway as I was saying I have been chilled with anything that has been academical.

Things between me and mom have been less tense than they were before, Vincent has been giving me some well deserved space and for that I am very grateful. I need to sort out my issues with him very soon.

So no one from our group asked me or Tyler anything about what’s going on between us, they have just been going along with the vibe, patiently waiting for us to explain, when there’s clearly nothing there.

Thus far, we’ve only been to a movie went out one Saturday to the park. The vibe between us is no longer awkward.

I even got to know more about his life and the huge fact that he seemed to be surrounded by a lot of loss. He never got to meet his father and of course the loss of his girlfriend. But through all of that, how he managed to bounce back and get back his life.

He even made it his ‘personal mission’ to get me to sort out things with my dad and Vincent. Talk about putting the pieces of my life back. Tyler the Hero. Dude deserves a medal.

I just finished with my chemistry exam and just stepped out of the exam venue and Forever by James Blake blasts just when I’ve switched my phone on. I answer just as the song goes on to start the first verse after the intro.

(I know for a fact that I’m not the only one who listens to their ringtone and sings along when someone calls them)

“What-up fools”

“Oh wow ouch, is that a nice way to greet your dear brothers?” Jackson says from the other end of the line.

I roll my eyes. The twins left to go back to University two weeks ago ‘cause they’re also writing their final exams. Jackson was so weird on the day they left and I have a feeling that it had something to do with a certain brunette by the name of Kate.

I really need to find out what is going on between those two. I can feel my inner detective coming out, to sort out this case.

Hahaha...looks like I’ve been watching too much CSI lately.

“What do you want?” I ask

“Nothing. Cody and I just wanted to check up on you”

“Yeah I’m okay. Exams are going good”

“How’s things with your boyfriend” Cody yells into the phone so much that I pull the it away from my ear.

“Why don’t you yell a little louder don’t you, I don’t think people in Mexico heard you. And for the millionth time Tyler is not my boyfriend”

Ugh, this is so annoying. The twins and even Seth have been on my case about Tyler. Telling me that he’s my boyfriend.

We continue talking on the phone for about three more minutes and say our goodbyes.

My arm finally healed guys so now I am back with my lovely car. I’ve missed being behind the wheel. I drive out to the mall to go do some shopping, I saw this other long black dress with long sleeves at this other boutique. My mind has been stuck on it since I saw it last week when I accompanied Kayla to the salon.

I get the dress thankfully no-one bought it and then end up getting a new pillow for Persephone. It was just so cute that I couldn’t resist.

The moment I get home I am greeted by sweet smell of butterscotch cookies and drool immediately pools in my mouth. I swallow and follow the smell into the kitchen.

I see them placed on the counter and I shove three at the same time in my mouth.

Someone clearing their throat startles me and I quickly swallow almost choking to death in the process but the person pats my back and helps me from getting into the cold clutches of death.

Once I can finally breathe, I turn around to see Vincent with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Dying isn’t funny” I glare at him

“But it is a necessary evil when the person is doing something they weren’t supposed to” he smiles.

He walks over to the sink to get some water in a glass and he hands it to me. I drink it like a man who was in a desert for days dying of thirst.

“What do you mean?” I ask

“Well you were stealing my cookies and the Bible says thou shalt not steal.”

“Yeah so?”

“Well it also goes on to say that the wages of sin is death” he finishes off with that smirk of his.

“First of all I was not stealing and secondly what do you mean your cookies?”

“Well I baked them of course”

Throughout the entire ordeal I was not paying any attention to his clothing, he was wearing my mom’s blue apron which had flour all over it, he also had a bit of flour on his hair too.

“Oh well” is all that comes out of my mouth.

I turn and get three more cookies and go to my room.

I smile as I eat the cookies in my room, if Vincent keeps on baking these delicious treats then we will most definitely get along. The way to my heart is through my stomach.

 Will post more chapters
♡♡♡♡
Tuli.