TWENTY SIX

I think calling the girls and telling them about this was a big mistake, because they are raving on about how in love I am with Tyler.

"Aww this is so cute" Kate coos.

Mikayla smirks "I knew this would happen".

I had asked them to come over and now were all sprawled out in at various spots on my floor carpet in my room. I groan, rolling my eyes at their silliness. I don't know how I am going to tell him. I thought having my friends here would help, maybe give me some ideas on how to tackle the situation , but so far nothing.

I am not in love with Tyler, yes I love him but being in love with him is something that will come time.

I walk them out after about three hours cooped up in my room. When we get to the front door Courtney stops and turns to me "When the moment comes, you'll know" then she leaves to join the others in Kate's car.

For dinner Vincent takes us out to a nice, fancy restaurant. So we had to dress up. The men all in nice suits. Mom wanted me to wear a dress just like her but you all know me by now, I go left when everyone else is going right. So I wore black slacks, a royal blue blouse and some black lace up heels.

My eyes chose to betray me every time I tried to put on contacts so I am decked out in my glasses.

The food is always a highlight in my life. I had what I think is by far the best ravioli dish in my life. The pasta just melted in my mouth. I loved it so much that I got a second serving and a third one to-go, so that I'll eat it at home.

Vincent's eyes were the size if saucers when I ordered for the third time. It really was a site to see, pretty bummed I didn't take a picture.

After the bill is payed we all head out to the parking lot. The ride home was silent, mostly because we're all full and want to go to sleep. At least I know I want to sleep.

It's a Friday and Kate has planned a slumber party at her house tonight. I know you may think that we're a bit too old for sleepovers but who cares it's a night over at a different place with awesome people. It's going to be just us girls, Kate said she wants to use this night to plan how I can "confess my undying love to Tyler", her words not mine. This is an idea she came up with literally three hours ago.

I have been to the Banner residence but a small part of me is nervous about meeting the people who gave birth to not only one of my best friends but my TEACHER. I arrive at the their house, park my car on up their driveway, take a deep breathe and walk up the front stairs.

My finger doesn't even reach the doorbell and the door opens like a mighty wind has just pushed it. Kate pulls me inside and rushes me upstairs to her room.

"Nice room" I plop on the bed with Kayla and Court, admiring the decorations. There are some girly colours like pink and pastel purple but it still looks adult-like. I'm just glad it does not look like a unicorn puked a rainbow all over it.

"Girls, dinner's ready" a feminine voice calls from the stairs. Probably Mrs Banner. We file out and join the rest of the family at the dinner table.

The Banner kids are striking resemblances of their parents. Kate is a younger version of her mom and Bruce takes after his dad. Carolyn Bruce's fiance is also present at dinner. I thought I was going to be a mess because we all know I am not a total hit when it comes to parents.

After cleaning up the we head back upstairs and get into our pjs. We settle on the bed and eat some ice cream.

"Tell him over a nice lunch" Kayla says licking ice-cream off her spoon