THIRTEEN

It's been a week since I fixed things with my dad and it has been wonderful. We started talking again, he's also been sending me funny memes again. Sure we're not at the point where we were at before everything, but at least it's a start and I am happy with it.

So here I am now driving to Kate's house to relax with my new friends. She gave me the directions and I logged them into my GPS. Life has been pretty good with them.
I really enjoy and adore the moments that I spend with those guys. Today is a wonderful, sunny day and for a change I am wearing a maxi sundress instead of jeans. It has been a while but I took it from the pile I promised myself I would never touch again.

Kate invited over to her house on the group chat (yes we have a group chat on WhatsApp). She promised a day filled with fun and laughter and she better deliver.

I park on their driveway. Two cars are in front of mine and I walk out to their front door. As I am about to ring the doorbell the door flies open and Kate pulls me in.

"Finally you made it. I was beginning to think that you got lost" she pulls me on to the backyard. Sebastian and Chase are in the swimming pool. Mikayla and Courtney are in the kitchen making lemonade.

I sit on the lounger and place my bag next to me. I look around the back yard and spot Tyler and Kevin in an area that I assume is only for barbecues. The meat smells amazing and my stomach grumbles. I skipped breakfast cause I wanted my tummy to have enough room to stuff everything in.

"So how are you?" Kate sits next to me and takes off her shades. I take some time before I answer. How am I? Well I am great, my life has really been going in the right direction and I seem to be pretty happy...actually my entire family seems to be happy. And I thank God every time I see a smile on each of their faces.

I look at her "I am awesome..feeling really good. God has been good." she laughs. I then direct the question to her. She looks at the guys splashing on the pool "Its been pretty hectic. College applications have put so much pressure on me. I'm not sure what I should do or where should I go." She lets out a heavy sigh.

I understand how she feels. Not the experience but for the past week the "college applications" has been coming out of Seth's mouth a lot. He has just been surrounded by forms to fill and dad's even gotten involved. They're constantly on the phone talking about first choices and whether he should apply for the same thing at all the schools of his choice.

"It's going to be okay" I give her a reassuring smile. "Just pray on it and God will make everything clear for you".

Mikayla and Courtney come with a lemonade pitcher and some glasses. I pour some fro me and I welcome the cooling effect it has on this hot day. I lean back and just enjoy the moment staring at the clear blue sky through my shades.

I must have dozed off for a bit because I feel someone shake me awake. I take off my shades and I see a circle of concerned faces. "I told you she fell asleep" Kevin smirks.

I feel heat rushing to my cheeks "Sorry guys. this lounger is just so comfy" my stomach then chooses that moment to express my hunger. The guys laugh "Good thing we woke you up for food" I laugh and get up.

We walk to a nice dining are not so far from the pool. Sebastian says grace before we eat. It has been a while since I've had a nice meal outside with good company. Yeah sure we had some day outings with Kimberly and the gang but they don't compare to this.

We stuff our tummies with so much it becomes hard for some of us to breathe. After clean up we chill around the table and have a conversation.