TWENTY

“MELISSA!!!!” Seth screams from the top of the stairs. I try to answer but my mouth is filled with cereal. He comes down to the kitchen calling my name again.

“What?” I say and a couple of Coco Pops fall out of my mouth and milk drips down my chin. I wipe the milk off.

He scrunches his face at me “Eww” he walks to the fridge and grabs an apple. “The twins called, they’re coming home next Wednesday” he bites his apple.

“Cool” I say spitting more cereal out.

“You’re disgusting” he says to me. I just shrug and do something that will make him squirm. I open my mouth and show him my chewed up cereal.

He surprises me by taking a bite out of his apple and chucking the piece at my face. I scream and almost choke on the food in my mouth.

“Finish up so we don’t get late” he laughs and walks out of the kitchen.

I finish my food and put the dish in the sink. I go upstairs and quickly brush my teeth. After getting my bag with all my things, I go wait for Seth in the car.

School is fine. And by fine I mean amazing. Kimberly hasn’t been a bother to me or Kayla for a while now. I am enjoying every minute of it..,or at least I was. While on my way to lunch I hear a bit of commotion and naturally I follow the people towards it.  

What I don’t expect is to find Mikayla on the floor crying when I enter the cafeteria. Kimberly is standing in front of her with an angry look on her face. I ask one of the freshman what happened and apparently Kimberly and Mikayla bumped into each other and the spaghetti that was on Kayla’s plate fell on queen Kimberly’s skirt .

So in retaliation she pushed Mikayla who then fell on the floor and stepped on Kayla’s iPhone which also fell in the process with her stiletto, breaking the phone and rendering it useless.

Kayla picks up her phone as she stands and we lock eyes, round about the same time Kimberly sees me and her snarl turns into a smirk. I walk right up to her “What is your problem?” I hiss.

She laughs in my face. A sniffling Kayla tells me to leave it alone, but I just can’t. I just don’t like Kimberly’s sadistic nature. Someone has to put her in her place. “Kimberly I have just about had it with you” I help Kayla up to her feet.

Randy tries to intervene but he gets cut off by Kimberly “Shut up Randy! You left me and went back to her, you have no right to talk to me” she shouts at him.

He pulls me away from her but I stand my ground “You know I used to hate you with a passion after what happened but now, I feel sorry for you” I look her in the eye.

“I feel sorry that you have to make other people feel bad about themselves so you can feel good about yourself. I feel sorry for the fact that you get a kick out of other people’s misery. I pray to God that he works his way into your heart and help you realise that you are more than just your looks. You are more than other people’s opinions” I shift my bag on my shoulder.

She scoffs “Who do you think you are?.. Mother Teresa?” she laughs. The entire student body has fallen silent and it makes me wonder how come none of the teachers haven’t heard about this already. They probably would have stopped us by now.