Chains

CAUTION!!! A big warning to all my readers, this chapter gets really dark toward the end.

Air whooshed through Jana's lips as the members of the Resentiam dissaperaed into the darkness of the trees like the shadows they were.

"What the-"

"Fuck" growled Octavius, his hands gripping his hair as he began to pace. "Fuck, fuck!"

"We need to go, we need to follow them now"
he whisper shouted, his eyes shifting around as he began to panic.

"I'm not going anywhere until you explain what the fuck just happened!" growled Jana, her arms folding as she refused to move from the spot.

Her mind was scrabbled, completely blown into oblivion. She didn't know what to say, how to process what the hell had just happened. Her mind was reeling in confusion, anger and betrayal. The emotions so potent she could taste them, her body was shot with too much feeling. Confusion clinging to her like thick smog.

"Shit! I don't even even know where to start" he grumbled hands shaking as he stopped pacing. His skin was a deathly pallor as he turned to face her with fear in his eyes.

"Those two were the twins Narika and Marlo, they specialise in torture and other things" he laughed humourlessly, head shaking as he looked as if he would be sick. 

"Twins?" She gasped, her voice laden with disgust as bile climbed through her chest, burning it's way through her fingers and onto the forest floor.

They were siblings, relatives, twins and yet they still behaved in such a sexual manner towards each other. She could see it clearly now, they had looked like lovers as they mocked Sonja but they were twins. It was disgusting, they were vile and there was nothing she could say that would ever validate their behaviour.

"Yes and they fuck each other, it's never really been proven but they are known to share people. Just like it's never been proven that they are into devil worship" he spat, face red with contempt.

"Devil worship? But that's a mythical being" she sputtered, floundering as she tried to remember some of the sadistic practices that misguided humans in the old world had practiced.

Belief in the devil as an entity had long since faded, the belief in such a figure was antiquated mainly because the popular belief was that the gods held the balance of the worlds. They were like a scale and wrong doings and good deeds were weighed on the scale of time, tipping back and forth as we progressed in life. Good fortune was given by the gods and so were hardships.

The belief that there were otherworldly beings that were inherently evil or good was a premodern concept, something that belonged in the old world and not this century or even millennia. Beings, human or not, did not worship the devil and in fact such demonic creatures were viweded as mythical stories. Stories told by those in power to enforce fear on the populace as a way to control them.

It was a myth.

"Yes but they believe that since werewolves are the "chosen ones" by the gods that it only makes sense that those in opposition to your kind, worship the gods antithesis. In every Abrahamic religious book there is a reference to the chosen people. A small faction of the Resentiam believe that these chosen people by those gods were the Werewolf kind and so they worship the devil in order to ensure the revival of human domination"