Eat Away

Dinner lasted all of five minutes because Zosia scoffed down her plate before anyone had even gotten half way through theirs. The food was splattered across her face as she practically bounced out of her seat and ran to the door.

"Zosia, Come back here and eat your food properly," her cheeks were stuffed full as she tried to to reply, the mashed contents resembling the food that Lucjan was eating. The two siblings looked a lot alike in this moment, both had food stuck to their cheeks and necks and a mouthful of mush.

Zosia reluctantly sat back down in her seat next to Jana and began picking at her food, the little girl had an appetite and the small plate  she had wolfed down hardly ever cut it for her. Zosia had become a seconds girl, especially when it came to dinner time.

She huffed under he breath as she flicked at some meat, sulking because she didn't get her way.

"Be patient and I will take you to see him myself, okay?" Acquiesced Jana, not liking the that Zosia had started to develop.

"Okay,"'she sighed scooping a spoonful of mash into her mouth.

Jana was saved from that journey because the door to the hall pushed open and Simeon came staggering through, his face a lot less swollen than it had been. At the sight of him Zosia flew from her seat, her plate tumbling to the floor as she sprinted towards him.

Cutlery cluttered onto plates as the family stopped eating to watch the reunion. Zosia's hair whipping around her wet face as she jumped into Simeon's arms. His body was bruised but he took her feather light body into his arms as if he hadn't been beaten to within an inch of his life. Tears running down his eyes as he hugged her tightly.

He tried to place her down on the floor so he could look at her properly but she wouldn't let him go, her legs locked around his waist as she buried her head into his neck.

Jana was annoyed that he hadn't taken her words seriously, that he had stormed in here as if he owned the compound and completely dismissed what she said and from the looks of Khan he was fairing no better. She wanted to cuss Simeon out, felt the her tongue burning as it begged to say words that would strike him deep but she didn't.

She merely faced away from their didsplay and fed her son mushed up potato and pees. Had she not been so mad at Simeon, she would find their moment beautiful and endearing but she was and so all she could see was the hundred ways Simeon was showing her he hadn't changed and likely never would. Even when she had told him not to overstep the mark he had gone full throttle and sprinted over it. Disregarding her words and the ramifications his actions would have.

Well he would learn and not by her words or her hands. She had a large family who were all gagging to fuck him up. She had begrudgingly thanked Khan for laying the man flat but had stopped them from doing further damage because he was the father of Zo and Luc. It was hard but there were other ways to make a person suffer.

She would let them bring out their snipers.

Vanya would be up first, she had a way of making a person feel like shit even when she was being level headed. Vanya spat facts with a calm demeanour but in the end you felt nothing but self disgust.

Yeah, Vanya was up first.

Smiling lightly at Zosia's squeaking and laughing, Jana let them have their moment until Luc was fed and it was time for her to give him his bath.

Her chair scraped along the floor as she stood up and made her way towards Zosia and Simeon. Completely ignoring his presence, she focussed only on Zosia who had stopped talking to Simeon at the light tap of Jana's hand in her shoulder.