Epilogue

1 Year Later

"Simeon, you do realise we have a meeting in..." Khan flicked at his comms device, quickly checking the time before his head was rising back up to his friend, "five minutes"

"Yes" grunted Simeon, stare dry as if he didn't understand the issue.

"Then what the hell are you still doing with Luc in your arms" Motioning to the chubby baby he was holding.

At the sound of his nickname, Luc clapped his hands and repeated it. Dribble dripping onto his little chin as his fat cheeks dimpled in joy. At fifteen months Lucjan was the image of his mother, his blonde hair streaked with pale white strands, and big brown eyes that glowed in joy.

His fat dimpled hands plucked at Simeon's beard as he grinned at his father,"Today is my day to have Luc and Jana won't let me swap."

It had been just under a year and Jana had not changed her ways, though she had become softer over time, she still dictated what days he could and couldn't have them and once a day was decided she hardly ever changed her mind. She was always cordial with him but she wasn't herself, she didn't show him her fire. She guarded her light and he only saw snippets of her flames when she was comfortable around her family and children.

"That's what you get for breaking her trust!" Grunted Khan noncommittally. His eyes glowing wide as he made funny faces at Luc.

"Tata" squealed Lucjan, slapping his father's chin and pointing to his grandfather, dribble hanging from his chin as he laughed even harder when Khan stared making wild noises.

"You sent me out!" Thundered Simeon, his face turning red when Khan barely payed him any attention, he was too caught up with entertaining Luc.

"But you left Simeon, you could have said no but you didn't because you still had the urge to roam and she knew it," his mouth spread wide as he poked at Luc's belly, even as he preached to the choir.

Simeon knew this, they had discussed this time and time again, Khan telling him the same points over and over, "Had you really listened to her warnings things would have been better between you two already."

And by better Khan meant that he could have been reunited with his mate instead of living in a separate toom and scheduling appointments in which he could be with his children unattended. He had broken her trust before she had really even given it back to him, proving that he was not worthy.

"You kept testing me", he was right they had, they had put him through test after test and with every pass and every slight nod of approval, Simeon had become more and more lax. Not realising that he hadn't even passed his first real test.

"And you kept failing where it mattered most, maybe one day you'll get it right," he sighed, fianlyn lookign at Simeon with the sympathy. He was to blame for this ditch Simeon seemed to be untried in.

Not two months after Simeon had returned to them for good, Khan had tested Simeon. He had told him that Ju-long's father, Alpha Adeji had personally asked for Simeon with some information he had regarding the Resentiam. Simeon hadn't hesitated at the chance, he had packed up his bags and had been gone before telling Jana or saying a real goodbye to Zosia. Though he had only intended to be gone for a few days, he had cut his journey short and returned by nightfall that same day.

The guilt had eaten away at him before he had reached his destination but by the time he got back the damage had already been done.  He had sneaked into Zosia's room and the sight of her pink face had truly broken his heart.