chapter 4

I finally found you locker!  Funny, it sounds like I am swearing. My locker is small situated in the extreme left and has nothing on but few silly drawings  of some  bad words. This had to be to some nerd or something.  I've done like those bad things many times before with Reed. Poor thing,  he or she must have fleed this place once they got tired with the bullying, or got killed. This last idea gave a bitter taste in my mouth. I hope nobody gets hurt from such irresponsible and unacceptable acts.

"Hey!" I heard a small voice from beside it brought me back from my scrambled memories that floated to the surface again. I looked at the source of the voice to meet big eyes covered with big glasses, screaming please don't hurt me. I checked her one time she's  obviously a nerd,  you can instantly tell by the big glasses, very loose clothes and the dozens of books  she's struggling to keep set. I smiled genuinely at her and greeted her even warmly. Her face instantly light-up as if I've taken her to Disney land for free.

"My name is Charlotte. I'm a senior student here."

"Leena. Senior too."

"You must be the new girl at school then."

"The one and only... So can you tell me where to go?"

"Sure." She excitedly  said.
After checking my paper, she started smiling broadly.
"We are together in most classes."

"Really? That's good. Glad to know that. So girl where to go now?"

"Just follow me.... but, Can I ask you something?" She stuttered.

"Sure."

"How can you be so confident, though you're new? Don't you feel scared that people here will ..." She stopped for a moment  definitely  remembering her first day in here. I could see the misery she has been through just looking at her expressions.

" Nopes, not really."

"Wish I could be same" She whispered to herself.

I didn't know how to answer to that. But I wish she never be like me. I was bad, this confidence is only because I've been in both sides of the game: the bullying and the bullied. I certainly know both sides' pain and I don't wish to anybody to ever be in my shoes.

After walking past many boys and girls, who by the way gave me the side looking stares, I became more familiar with the school thing. We finally got it to our calculus class before time.

Before going in, I noticed that Charlotte's steps slacked down  radically and her breathing increased. She bent her head and held her books tightly just when we almost got in as if prepared for something. Once in,  I got answers to all her previous behaviours. Boys sitting in the back started shooting charlotte with papers and calling her names, but what hurts more is her silence and submission. She ran to her seat in the corner of the first row under the window and though she's in her seat some of the boys didn't stop throwing paper over her and laughing heartily at her.

My patience was gone, I couldn't let this happen again. I can't just let them be these monsters. Before I could even stop myself I shouted with all my power at the last boy still throwing paper and laughing.

"STOOOOOOOP"  You know just like in movies, everyone in that class froze in their position like status.

"IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT IF SHE IS SILENT ABOUT YOU THROWING PAPER AT HER MEANS THAT YOU CAN KEEP GOING WITH IT. DO YOU KNOW HOW MISERABLE YOU MAKE HER LIFE?  NO, OF COURSE YOU DON'T BECAUSE YOU NEVER BEEN BULLIED. JUST TRY FOR ONCE TO IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS TO BE JUST RUBBISH FOR OTHERS..." trying hard not to show how hard to breathe after all this yelling, the boy stood up casually smirking and interrupting my unfinished speech.

"And who are you?"

"None of your business moron. It seems you didn't get it, next time if you disturb my friend you'll have to deal with me." With that I left while he just kept looking not believing that some stranger girl threatening him.

I spotted charlotte looking at me as if I've grown ten feel higher and offered me the seat just behind her, which was unoccupied.

"Thank you." She sweetly said.

"Don't mention it, and I am serious if anyone of them did anything to you again just tell me."

"Thank you."

'Great. Now I've made enemies while I should've stayed cool, calm and most importantly invisible. But no! I am doing the exact opposite. Just great!'