She doesn't know.

She doesn't know.

She doesn't know that when the light comes streaming through the fraying curtains, her whole person seems brighter. She doesn't know how his eyes soften every time they land on her, nor how his heart flutters at the sight of her. She doesn't know she has a special place in his heart, heck, she practically has his heart. She doesn't know how he lingers on her when she's not looking, or how he loses his breath when she enters a room, how he knows when something is wrong. 

How could she?
He refuses to tell her. Prefers to think of it as forbidden love. Someone that he can't have - especially not when she's with her love and he's with his.

He tapped lightly on the glass, getting her attention, drawing her away from her work. The physician was buried in stacks of paper, her smooth honey brown hair covering her face, shielding him from seeing the eyes that had been something he had come to love - the soft, warm autumn brown familiar to him. He held her coffee still warm in his hand as he leant against the door frame, watching her with a small smirk. She brushed her hair out of the way, catching sight of Barry, shooting him a smile he'd been waiting to see all day.

There goes those butterflies again, he thought to himself.

"Oh, hey Barry." Caitlin greeted, her voice gentle, she was relieved to see him, especially when he was holding a coffee she knew was for her. She lifted herself from the chair, taking the coffee from his hand as he held it out to her, their fingers brushing as she took it, it was only a little touch but he could feel his cheeks heat up, she offered him a genuine smile.

"It's still warm this time." He commented as she took a sip, her eyes fluttering shut as the drink went down her throat, heating her core, savouring the every drop.

"It's perfect." She hummed just below a whisper, enjoying the pumpkin spice, the tangy taste settling in her mouth. 

Barry rubbed the nape of his neck nervously, she looked like she was stressed - he couldn't help but notice it - she had a red, almost swollen lip where she'd been gnawing on it, a worry crease between her brows and she was savoring the drink, something she only does when something bothered her. The speedster edged closer, but not to close that he was in her personal space. He hadn't been in her personal bubble since Ronnie came back, he knew it'd be wrong and Iris would most certainly dislike the idea. 

Caitlin sensed his movement and glanced up at him. "Something wrong?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Barry chuckled softly, looking down to meet the heart stealing eyes as they peered back at his, shining as always.

The dark haired man watched intently as a curl fell loose, the temptation almost too much to lightly brush it behind her ear. Caitlin's shoulders lifted, dropping back down in a shrug. The doctors slender fingers still clasped around the cup, almost as though she was trying to draw the heat from it. Those doe brown eyes averted back towards her work.

"Just a lot of paperwork to get through, that's all. Nothing new."

"Here." Barry gestured, stepping towards the gathering of paper instantly speed-reading each page. 

It took less than a moment before a pen appeared in his hand and in no time her work was complete. The only spots that remained unwritten were where she had to place her signature. The speedster flashed himself back to the spot against the door where he'd been leaning just seconds ago, as though nothing had happened. Caitlin flickered between the papers and Barry, letting out an exasperated sigh, shaking her head lightly with a grateful grin.

"Barry, you know full well you didn't have to do that." Caitlin informed him, extending a hand to rest upon his upper arm, giving it a squeeze. Dully noted the sensation of muscles beneath her hand.

Barry automatically stilled under her touch -  it had been weeks since the two had last connected on a personal level. Both wary of the lives they lead, and the untethered emotions lying within them. It caused an ache to swell in his chest, it felt almost painful how much he'd missed her touch. With a hard swallow, to get rid of the lump that had crawled into his throat, he replied.

"Allow me to help you as you help me, I can't have my doctor getting sick due to the stress of a mountain of paperwork now, can I?"

"In that case, thank you. For the coffee and assisting me, you're a true gentleman, Mr Allen." The dulcet voice who could only belong to one, blushed in response.

The earthy hues gazing upon the tall drink of water stood now inches before her. Barry's sea-green orbs surveyed her figure as they made their way to meet her adoring eyes. as he lifted his eyes to look back in hers, connecting with the sea-green instantly. All Barry could do was offer a curt nod as if to say "no problem". The nerves her fought whilst he was around his personal physician getting the better of him, with a clearing of his throat, the speedster turned on his heel. The moment was soon to be over when Cisco bounded into the room, excitement and intrigue clung to his being as usual - so he saw no reason to savour the minuscule moment between them.

Although he was fully aware that Caitlin had followed him in pursue, her body heat radiating off of her as she remained closely beside him. If he questioned it enough, he'd wonder if she had feelings for him too.