She doesn't know. 05

Caitlin sprung from her seat, her hand wrapped around the tiny microphone. "Barry? Barry?! Who was that? Are you okay?" She called, not getting a response, she could hear a faint groan, a voice in the background, but no voice sound from Barry. Caitlin felt sick, she was hesitant whether to go down to that bank herself to see if he was ok but she knew it'd be stupid, they'd shoot her on sight, and if Barry was fine, they'd capture her and use her as bait for him. She ran her hand through her hair, gnawing on her lip. "Barry...please say something, I can't see what's going on and that didn't sound good."

Cisco burst in, Caitlin didn't say anything, Cisco could read the worry on her face and was at work and in moments the footage came up. Cisco rewound it, it was Barry. He was shot, he was too busy shoeing out the last hostage and talking to Caitlin to realise the stray robber holding the gun. Caitlin let out a cry, clamping her hand over her mouth to force back the tears. Barry was just laying there on the floor, looking lifeless. The other robber was untying his friends and the pair knew in no time, if Barry wasn't dead already he'd be dead soon enough.

"Not good." Cisco muttered, yelling into the mic. "Barry! Listen to me! If your awake forget about the robbery! Get your ass back here now! If one of them gets free before you move they'll make sure they finish you off! Did you hear me?! Run Barry, for godsake run!"

Barry stirred, his eyes parting open, all he could feel was the sharp pain running through him and he could hear the rough voices of the pissed off robbers. He heard Cisco's words and did his best, he hauled himself up enough to push off into a run and Caitlin and Cisco saw him vanish. Letting out a sigh, but when Caitlin laid her eyes on the pool of blood he'd left on the floor her heart stopped for a second. Barry fell into the cortex, leaving a slide of blood along the floor, Caitlin was fast, shutting off her emotions and calling for Cisco to help move him onto the hospital bed. She scanned the bullet wound, pulling out a scapel and slicing open his suit, cutting a majority of it off to get a look at the wound, it was right on the left of his side, just nicking the liver. Caitlin winced as she looked at it, putting a medical instrument in the wound earning a cry of pain from Barry.

"The bullets still in there Cisco, your going to have to sedate him, it's going to hurt." Caitlin told him, luckily Caitlin had set up the equipment earlier, Cisco figured out how to do it and injected Barry. He watched, doing his best not to throw up as Caitlin dug through Barry trying to get the bullet out. Blood kept flowing out, covering her gloves, he was more afraid of Barry bleeding out than dying of the shot. Caitlin managed to get the bullet out, not cheering in victory, she dropped the bullet and the instrument on the tray and started straight away on stitching and cleaning the wound, knowing Barry would start to feel the pain again soon. She cleaned up the blood surrounding the wound, placing a dressing on the stitching and sticking it down then wounding a bandage around Barry, relieved as his heart rate started to rise again, he was going to be ok. She pulled off the gloves, Barry didn't have the energy to stay awake and as soon as she was finished patching him up, he was fast asleep. Caitlin threw her gloves into the bin, wiping her forehead and letting out a sigh. She'd forgot Cisco was in the room and he looked from Barry to her, walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"You did it!" He exclaimed, giving her a tight squeeze, she held him back, finally falling out of doctor mode and putting her emotions back on, letting out a shaky breath. Cisco heard and held her shoulder. "You did good Caitlin, he's going to be ok."

"Yeah, well he almost wasn't, I mean. Look at that Cisco," Caitlin said her voice cracking halfway through as she tugged his hand to look through the doorway. Barry's blood were he crashed in, smeared along the floor as though they'd had a dead body in the cortex. Her eyes watered as she looked at it, remembering how pale and damaged Barry looked. "It's like he was dead, Cisco."

"Hey. Hey, look at me." Cisco instructed, taking hold of her shoulders and giving them a squeeze, then looking at the floor. "Like you've always told me, it's just blood, right? We can clean that up, Barry's ok because of you. He gets to live another day because you saved him again. That over there." Cisco pointed to the blood stained floor. "It's just blood."

"Just blood." Caitlin repeated, looking at in and taking a deep breath, looking over at Barry, she could have lost him, but she didn't. She looked back at Cisco and pulled him in for another hug, letting her tears fall. "He's gonna be ok."

"Yeah he is, in no time he'll be getting you those coffees again, you'll see." Cisco smirked, he could hear Caitlin sniffing and pulled out a tissue handing it to her. She took it with a smile.

"I have to have a word with him about that, he didn't get me pumpkin spice today actually." Caitlin said with a soft giggle, wiping her eyes.

"Really? What did he get you?" Cisco asked, directing her to a chair beside Barry's bed, she sat down quietly, smiling down at her lap.

"A Espresso con Panna, something my dad used to order a lot. I told Barry about it a while ago, I'm surprised he remembered." Caitlin told him with a soft smile, remembering the taste of the drink. "You know, that was the first ever coffee I ever had, mainly because my dad didn't know what coffee I'd like."

"Wow! Hello? CS? BA?" HR called, walking into the lab, stopping as he saw the blood instruments on Caitlins med tray, the bloody gloves in the bin and Barry in the hospital bed. "What the-"

"Barry was shot." Cisco told him, opening his mouth to say something else but Caitlin cut in.

"Why are you calling me CS? Can't you just call me Caitlin?"

"Well, I call Barry BA, why not call you CS?" HR replied, making Caitlin roll her eyes.

"Barry hates when you call him BA and I don't like you calling me by my initials either, just...stick to our names." Caitlin sighed. It was HRs turn to roll his eyes.

"Ok, if I could speak now, Caitlin's going to stay beside Barry in case something happens, me and you are going to go to the maintenance closet, grab two buckets and mops and clean up that blood before anyone else walks in and sees it, now come on." Cisco instructed, hauling HR behind him as he disappeared out of the cortex.