She doesn't know. 04

Barry flashed around the city, letting the breeze hit his face, watching the world flash by as though it was all in whirlwind, as if the days were going faster and the air thinner, in these moments, he realised how precious his powers were, with them, they showed him life in another perspective.
The world became his second priority when he heard Caitlin's silvery, quiet voice in his ear, she'd just arrived at Star Labs, Barry stopped running, sliding to a stop looking at the city clock he could hear a few gasps at his arrival but grinned at the clock, Caitlin was just on time. 7am sharp as she always was.

"Barry? Barry can you hear me? Are these stupid things working?" Caitlin cursed into the microphone, Barry chuckled and started running again.

"Yeah, I'm right here." Barry called into the mic, taking another trip around Central City, checking every street for any sign of danger that could be lurking, ready to pounce out at any minute.

"What are you doing?" She asked curiously, he guessed she was sat watching the monitor and checking his vitals.

"My job, checking for any potential dangers, what are you doing?" Barry smirked as he answered, sensing she rolled her eyes at his question.

"Oh, you know, just thought I'd come to see what you were doing and then leave." Caitlin answered sarcastically, making Barry grin. He took a sharp then headed straight for Star Labs. Skidding to a halt in the centre of the cortex, Caitlin's hair whipping back as it usually did. Barry stepped towards her, leaning on the bars behind the monitors, giving her a playful grin.

"Is that sarcasm I detect? Who are you and what have you done with my Doctor Snow?"

Caitlin flushed and shrugged, "I can be sarcastic too, not just you."

"Well, I like this playful side of you, much more tolerable." He chuckled, she got to her feet and shoved his shoulder lightly, her mouth open in shock.

"Tolerable? Really Allen, you wanna go there?" Caitlin gasped with a little laugh, Barry shook his head with a smirk.

"I'm kidding Cait, now, I forgot to pick you up a coffee, my apologies." Barry was out and back in seconds holding two coffees one for him and one for her, he took a sip of his own, and handed hers over. She smiled.

"Thank you, but you don't have to get me one every morning Barry, you should be getting Iris one," Caitlin pointed out, Barry shuffled awkwardly with a sigh. "She is your girlfriend."

"Yeah she is, but she acts like I'm her pet. I have to listen to her every beck and call, it's frustrating. Work is my main space from her, that's why I love it here, and because you and Cisco are here to of course." Barry complained, running a hand through his hair, Caitlin gave him a sorry look. Walking around the desk to walk over to him, she rubbed his arm with her spare hand, her other hand held tightly onto her coffee. She smiled up at him, as he smiled warmly down at her.

"But she loves you, thats why." Caitlin sighed, she didn't want Barry to break up with Iris, sure she wasn't to fond of Iris and she preferred Barry with no one, but what else could she say?

"Like Ronnie loves you," Barry muttered, Caitlin broke eye contact with him and dropped her gaze, "All I'm saying is that I like getting you coffee Cait, now I'm pretty sure that's the alarm, seem as Cisco isn't here, I guess it's your job until he arrives."

Caitlin looked at him one last time taking a breath and leaving to look at the monitors, she looked up at him. "Robbery on 6th street Central Bank, none metas I think."

"Got it." Barry was quick into his suit and gone in no time. Caitlin kept her eyes on the monitor she wasn't able to simple hack like Cisco could so she relied on the coms to hear what was going on. "Cait, can you hack in and see how many guys are in there?"

"Thats Cisco's thing, I'll call him, your going to have to wing it Barry. The cops won't be there for another twenty minutes, by then the robbers could be in and out." Caitlin told him, pulling out her phone and dialling Cisco's, praying he was awake. It took three rings but he answered, Caitlin let out a sigh, "Cisco we need you at Star Labs now, I can't hack and you can, hurry up Barry's going in blind!"

She hung up, focusing on Barry, she could hear muffled voices, hating that she couldn't see what was going on. "Barry talk to me."

"Five guys that I can see, twelve hostages, one's just a kid. I'm going to have to do this without Cisco's help, just...have you been here before? Do you have any idea where the safe could be?" Barry asked in a whisper, peering around the counter, all five men holding a gun.

"Yeah, yeah it's behind a ancient looking door, kind of like a old library door, then the vaults on the left through another door." Caitlin answered, trying her best to think, Barry was moving quick, she heard a few punches and Barry was responding.

"Right there was two at the vault, now the ones out front. I'm going to knock out their guns, I can't knock them all out without at least killing them or breaking my knuckle. I'll tie them against the posts then get the hostages out." Barry told her.

"Good plan. Just be careful, please."  Caitlin sighed, sitting back in her chair, leaving it to Barry. It didn't take long before his voice came back through the coms.

"Done, all five are tied up, I got the hostages out, now I just leave them to the co—" Before Barry could finish a loud shot went off.