She doesn't know. 12

A few hours later,

Caitlin nestled into Barry as they sat on the sofa, she couldn't help it, he was just so warm. She knew Barry was something special to her. Someone she didn't ever want to lose, she'd lost so many people and it had taken it's toll on her, she'd been at her lowest. Because everyone she loved seemed to die and it would never stop hurting, but she always knew she could bare through at the pain of them being gone. She knew she'd eventually get used to them being gone, but she wasn't sure if she'd be able to do that with Barry. Maybe it was why she was so protective of him, she couldn't bare the idea of life without him, she was a mess before he came and picked up her pieces, fixing them back together, making her feel normal again. Not even Cisco who was like her brother could make her smile. But the day Barry woke, that was the first day she'd smiled in nine months. He saved her.
Barry curled his arm around her, smiling down at her as she got comfortable, he glanced at Oscar playing with his new collection of toys Caitlin had brought him, he shook his head with a smile, knowing she'd spent way to much on the cat but he couldn't stop her. She adored Oscar.

"Cait, we've got to talk about Ronnie and Iris." Barry sighed, rubbing his hand on her back, she let out a sigh, knowing he was right she didn't want to.

"Can't we enjoy this Barry, I don't want to talk about them, not now, not when we're so happy." Caitlin said, sitting up, looking at him, his hand still resting on her lower back.

"I know, but we can't ignore it." Barry told her, she nodded. "So, how are we going to break up with them?"

"You go first, you've been with Iris less time, Ronnie will take it harder seem as we were engaged at one point." Caitlin spoke, Barry felt his stomach twist, he knew Iris wouldn't take it well. Although really by now she should be expecting it. Barry nodded. "I'll wait a week before I break up with Ronnie so that its not too suspicious, I guess."

"Ok, deal. I'll tell Iris tomorrow." Barry agreed, Caitlin smiled brightly at him leaning forward to kiss him, happy that soon they'll officially be together. They were interrupted by Oscars claws sinking into Barry's let, he let out a moan of pain, glaring at Oscar. Caitlin gasped unhooking Oscars claw from Barry's leg, she frowned at Oscar.

"Naughty boy! That's Barry, we like Barry!" Caitlin scolded, but she smoothed Oscar, who didn't seem to care about her telling him off, sitting him on her lap as she led back down, resting her head back on Barry, Oscar purring happily as he drifted to sleep in Caitlins arms.

"I thought you said he was lovable?" Barry muttered, glancing down at the sleeping cat, not getting why it didn't like him. Most animals loved him.

"He is, maybe he just doesn't like you." Caitlin smirked, resuming to watching the TV. "Maybe he knows your a dog person."

"Well I'm sorry if dogs are better companions, cats are just lazy and cruel, they sit around all day and scratch you if you don't feed them when they feel like eating." Barry grunted, running his hands through Caitlinls hair as she led on his chest. She let out a laugh.

"Come on, you know I love both pets, no reason for me to take sides. Now shush and watch the movie." Caitlin smiled, Oscar shifted in Caitlin's lap, lying to sleep on his side, Caitlin smiled down at him wanting to take a picture but to afraid she'd wake him up. So she settled, eventually drifting to sleep as Barry played with her hair. She couldn't help it, it was relaxing.
Barry heard her breathing even out and smiled down at her as she slept, although he wasn't quite sure how he could leave now, if he moved Caitlin would probably wake up. Oscar too. And that cat already disliked him. He wondered if he could super speed her to her bed and then leave. He tried it, putting an arm under Caitlins legs and another under her back and flashed into her room, Oscar had jumped down angrily when Barry had lifted Caitlin. He led Caitlin carefully in her bed, pulling the blanket over her shoulders, kissing her forehead, then leaving the room, closing the door behind him. He was greeted by a glare from Oscar as he cleaned himself. Barry rolled his eyes.

"Your going to have to get used to sharing her, Oscar." Barry spoke, making Oscar stop cleaning himself when he heard Barry's voice. Barry knew he looked like an idiot talking to a cat but he didn't care. He knelt down, smoothing Oscar, who surprisingly didn't pounce at him. "I'm going now, see you around, buddy."

Barry smiled down at the cat, flashed outside of Caitlin's apartment, locking her door then posting the keys through the place where the landlord brought Caitlin's mail. Then flashed out of the apartment building as if he was never there.