She doesn't know. 09

Barry sat, Iris under his arm and he couldn't have felt more uncomfortable, especially when just hours ago he was sat in Caitlin's mint coloured car, sat under the dim light coming from the city, with her lips on his.
And now. Now he sat on Joe's sofa, Iris attached to him and he hated it. It felt wrong. Especially when right now he just wanted to be with Caitlin, it didn't even have to be in a romantic way, he just wanted to be around her. Thinking of her sat with Ronnie right now made Barry want to flash over there and flash her somewhere else, but that wasn't an option. He sighed and shuffled off the sofa, Iris pouting as he left, but he continued into the kitchen. Pouring himself a glass of water, gulping it down slowly trying not to drink too fast because then he'd have to go and sit back down with Iris.
He pulled out his phone, dialling Cisco's number and putting the phone to his ear, waiting for him to pick up. He was staying at Cisco's anyway so it wouldn't be a problem if he and Cisco went out for drinks. After a few rings the phone picked up.

"Barry? Your supposed to be living here remember? Where are you?" Cisco asked with a sigh, Barry could hear a crunching down the phone and distanced it from his ears a little.

"With Iris, look do you wanna go out tonight? Get a few drinks?" Barry asked, his voice quiet, knowing Iris was just next door. After a long moment of Cisco thinking he finally responded.

"You know you can't get drunk, right?"

Barry rolled his eyes at the comment, "Yes I know that Cisco, I'm not an idiot. So drinks? I'll be at the Anchor Root then."

"Yeah, yeah. I guess. Seem as you'll get there first order for me." Cisco sighed, slamming the phone down and it ended the call, Barry smirked in victory. He popped his head around from the kitchen.

"Uh, I'm going to go out for drinks with Cisco ok?" Barry called to her, her eyebrows furrowed.

"But you can't get drunk?" Iris responded, making Barry metaphorically face palm his face. "And isn't this supposed to be our date night?"

"I know, I know, it's just Cisco needs a friend right now." Barry told her, knowing he was awful at lying but at least he was trying. "So I'll see you tomorrow, maybe?"

"Yeah I guess." Iris sighed, slumping back down on the couch and watching the tv. Barry grabbed his jacket and flashed out of the door and all the way to Anchor Root, which wasn't too far. He sat patiently waiting, ordering a beer for both him and Cisco, knowing he'd complain if Barry got him anything other than that. He looked at the door as it opened, a tired looking Cisco heading over to him. He dropped into the seat beside Barry and took a gulp of his drink.

"You know, almost everyday I wish I had powers like yours. Getting places isn't easy for normal people, it's not like I can use a breach to get her either." Cisco complained, Barry looked around, luckily it was so late that the place was practically empty, except the bar tender and a couple guys in the corner who were usually there.

"You could've asked me too run you here, it would've been faster." Barry chuckled, taking a sip from his own drink, hating the fact he couldn't get drunk. He'd wanted to tell someone about the kiss since it happened, telling Cisco couldn't do any harm, he already knew Barry had a thing for her. He took a deep breath, "Me and Caitlin kissed."

Cisco stopped drinking and looked Barry dead in the face. He hadn't had enough alcohol for this conversation, he definitely didn't like the fact that Barry was still with Iris whilst he was in love with Caitlin, it wasn't fair. But he liked Barry feeling like he could trust him, so he spoke.

"Barry. If Caitlin gets hurt-" Cisco began.

"She won't, we're going to figure something out. Cisco. She wants to be with me as much as I want to be with her." Barry beamed, he'd never felt so happy. "I'd never hurt her, not purposely, I know what she's been through Cisco."

"I believe you, but Barry, this is Caitlin our Caitlin, if you mess this up, there's no going back, you understand that? Because sorry buddy, if I have to choose, I'd pick Caitlin, she's like my sister. So if you do hurt her, I'll create a portal to a random earth and throw you through it." Barry didn't really like this protective side of Cisco, he was a little scary but Barry knew Cisco wasn't lying.

"Cisco...I love her." Barry sighed, "So much, her puppy dog eyes, her carmel coloured hair, her uptightness, her flaws, although the fact she likes sprouts is kind of weird, but other than that I love every single thing about her, if I thought I was going to hurt her, trust me, I would never even think of asking her out. Because I couldn't do it, I don't ever want to be the reason tears fall down her face." Cisco could see the truth in his words, he knew Barry wasn't lying about how he felt and he knew he was searching for Cisco's approval so he nodded.

"Ok. But you have to break up with Iris and she has to break up with Ronnie, there's no need to hurt them by cheating."

Barry reached over the table giving his friend a tight squeeze. "Thank you Cisco," Barry muttered, Cisco hugged him back but they separated quickly, knowing it would probably get awkward if the continued hugging. "Now another drink?"

"I've barely finished this one, but why not?" Cisco chuckled, downing his beer fast, getting ready for his second one. Knowing it was probably a bad idea to down it, he'd be drunk in not time.