Chapter Eleven: A Snow Globe?

I walked out of the infirmary, with a feeling of wariness. There was something wrong. But nothing looked out of place, my radar must have been outta wack.

I shook off the feeling, and headed towards the lobby. Carefully, though, because it still didn't feel right.

I walked with the mindset that if I made it to the lobby, I could slip out and escape. Perhaps that was too wishful.

Several times during the walk, I thought I'd heard other footsteps behind me, but when I turned around the corridor was empty. I was hearing things. Maybe the doctor accidentally gave me the wrong dosage and now I was high on pain pills.

Nevertheless, I trekked on. The lobby was mere yards away when everything crashed.

Not literally of course. Well part of it was literal. The giant windows towards the ceiling in the lobby rained down as people came swinging in on grappling hooks. It looked like a S.W.A.T. team type thing. There were at least eight of them, and I had no way of escaping because just as I turned around to run, the queen's minions came rushing forward seemingly out of nowhere.

I was surrounded.

"Put your hands up in surrender and no harm will come to you," someone from the S.W.A.T. Team said. Surprisingly enough, they were all taller than my height. Apparently the queen realized that tall people just have advantages in areas like this.

But seeing as I was surrounded, and it all seemed futile, I raised my left arm up, and spread my fingers on my right arm in the sling. There was no way I was going to be raising that arm. Luckily enough, they seemed to understand that.

One of the window crashers took my left arm and held it firmly behind my back. The rest of them fell into a sort of formation around us.

Two of them in front leading me to my next prison most likely. One holding my arm, the other walking on the other side of me. And the other four were in the back where I couldn't see them.

I didn't even try making conversation. These guys were so stoic. And tall. Most of them were about six foot tall. Which was weird considering I was just getting used to everyone being short.

I didn't even pay attention to where we were going until we got to the recreation room. Inside, there was a ginormous snow globe. "Whoa," was all I could say. It was so decorative and ornate. There was a building inside and it looked like a clubhouse for some lonely middle school kid to go hang out.

We walked closer, and it looked like actual glass. But not the liquid that's usually found inside a snow globe. We walked all the way around it and stopped behind it. At this point I had to know what was going on. "What is this?"

None of them answered me of course. One of the guys bringing up the rear walked forward, and I felt it in my gut. I wasn't going to like this at all. My stomach dropped and heartbeat sped up.

The guy ran his hand along the base and then pressed down, causing it to pop open like a little door.

Then they all ushered me forward and into the opening. Seeing as I had no choice and I was already injured, I got in and they closed the door.

Spinning around, I pounded on it uselessly. I was stuck in here.

Turning back around, I crouched so I didn't hit my head and went forward. As I walked, I noticed a hatch in the middle. The whole thing was about four feet tall, and maybe twelve feet wide. It was pretty big.

I turned the knob on the hatch; it opened upward.

Standing up straight, I saw that it opened into the middle of the globe.