~5~

"I'm in your house so if you have a gun don't shoot me."

"Obviously I wouldn't shoot you. One my door has a code. Two, my door also has three locks and three, you, Nate and Jack are the only ones who have a key to my house."

"Aww I feel special."

"You really shouldn't, the only reason you have a key is because you know I'm here and Nate was forced to give you one."

"Still got a key to your house though. Next is the key to your heart."

"God you're such a flirt, but I'm not interested. Why aren't you with Nate and Jack?"

"I honestly don't know, but that's a good thing because now I'm here with you."

"I needed some company anyways. So what are we going to do?"

"Well since you're not really allowed out we could swim, or I could go buy paint and we could paint the house, or I could go buy food and we could do all three."

"Deal. Wait can I at least go with you? I won't get out, I'll stay in the car."
"No you can't go, I'll be back. Lock the door and don't open it for anyone."

"Yes sir."
-
"Ok I'm back, I'm not sure what you like so I bought different kinds of snacks and I bought pizza from three different places."

"Ooo pizza hut is my favorite!!"

"So I talked to Jack, and there's this mansion party tonight, you're allowed to come if you want."

"Um hello, Sam might be there and people he knows might be there."

"Sam won't be there, I invited him earlier and he said he was going to stay home and finish some stuff. I'm positive no one he knows will see you, it's a mansion party."

"Ok I'll go. Only because I'm bored of being in this house by myself. So are you taking me with you or am I driving myself?"

"Of course you're not driving yourself. You're coming with me. We'll show up as a couple."

"Oh no, we're definitely not a couple, nor will we ever be."

"Ok fine, we'll show up as good friends. Is that better?"

"Yes, way better. So when is this party?"

"Three hours, we have time to kill.

"Are Jack and Nate going to the party?"

"I think Jack is, I'm not sure about Nate though."

"Ok cool. So you don't have to answer this if you don't want to. If the topic bothers you, you can tell me and I won't talk about it anymore. When you met Sam what was he like?"

"The topic doesn't bother me, I'd like to get to know a little more about your relationship with him. When I met Sam it was two months after you left. He was a closed off guy and usually didn't talk to anyone. I felt a little uncomfortable because I thought he didn't like me but then Nate told me that he just got out of a relationship. He was a wreck, he would barely eat, he barley showered, and his room was always dark. I'd say maybe four months later he started opening up more, he interacted with people again and he looked healthier."

"God I'm such a terrible person. I promise I didn't mean to hurt him. Trust me it hurt me when Jack would come visit and tell me Sam was sick or hurt."

"You're not a terrible person. It happens people break up, sometimes it either does or doesn't affect people. For Sam, it affected him a lot because he really does love you. Plus I'm sure it wasn't easy on you either. I mean Sam had people to help him get through his pain, he had people motivate him to keep moving foward in life. As for you I don't know if you have family in New York or not but if you don't, you left all by yourself with no one by your side to help you get through your heaetbreak. You're a strong girl."

"Thanks Derek, I just really wish I could change the past."

"You can never change the past, but you can always start making changes to make your future better. Let's not talk about that anymore, how about you tell me your favorite memory of you and Sam."

"Easy. The night we were in Cleveland and we were cuddled up in my bed and he had his arms wrapped around me. I think that's the moment I knew I loved him. Call me stupid but I had only known him for less than 32 hours."

"Nah you're not crazy. So you never dated anyone in New York?"

"No, it's not that I was still heartbroken I think it was because I really love Sam and he was my first for everything and it just felt wrong."

"Hmm interesting, how old were you when you and Sam started dating?"

"I was seventeen."

"And he was your first for everything?! Woww that's crazy. How old are you now?"

"Nineteen almost twenty."

"Sams twenty one right?"

"Yes sir, we spent his nineteenth birthday together, we actually went to six flags that day."

"Wow this is crazy to me."

"Times flies by fast, doesn't it. It's crazy. I'm almost twenty and I know I want to start a family with him, I know he's the one I want to marry."

"Wait so like Sams the only person you've had sex with? Like you haven't done anything with anyone else?"
"Yes Sam is the only person I've had sex with...and no I haven't done anything with anyone else. When I was in New York my mind was only on my work. I didn't have time for a relationship."

"Hmm interesting."

"Don't start getting any ideas lover boy. Speaking of time we better start getting ready for the party."
-
"Derek I'm nervous, this is a big ass house, what if I get lost?"

"It's a house, and plus you could always call me. Which won't really be necessary because you're not leaving my sight. Even if you do though, Jack and Nate will be around."

"Ok, let's go then."

"Aye mami, I don't think I told you how sexy you look."

"Thanks Derek, but maybe you should hit on someone who doesn't have protective best friends."

Derek and I walked into this huge house together and within fifteen minutes I lost him, I tried calling him, and I tried texting. He didn't pick up so I decided I'd let loose and have some fun.

"Hey pretty wanna dance?"

"Oh, no thanks. My boyfriend is in the bathroom."

"I've been watching you for awhile, I know you're alone. If you don't want to dance all you have to say is no. Trust me I'm not one of those weirdos who won't stop till they get what the want."

"Sorry I came off as rude I haven't been to a party in forever."

"It's ok, enjoy the rest of your night."

"You too."

As I was about to walk to the kitchen something caught the corner of my eye, it was.....Sam? Derek said he wouldn't be here. He saw me, I know he did. We made direct eye contact. I need to find someone now.

"Kourtney!"

"Nate, it's Sam he's here I saw him."

"I know he's here, he decided to show up, I've been looking everywhere for you. C'mon we need to get out of here. I'm driving you home."

"Nate...I think he saw me."

"I don't know, I mean he started to walk towards your direction."

"Nate we made eye contact."

"Yes I know. I was kinda watching as I went to grab you. Did you feel anything?"

"Of course I did Nathan. My heart dropped. He's more handsome than ever. He's the most handsome man alive."

"Well that didn't hurt."

"You're handsome too. Nate, what are we supposed to do?"

"I'll think about it in the morning. You on the other hand need some rest I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night Nate."

"Good night Kourtney. Don't forget to lock your front door."

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*
:))