15

Tamsin opens the door for Jenna and offers his hand to her. Jenna smiles as she takes it, "You look beautiful tonight Jenna. Well more so than usual I should say." Tamsin says as they walk up to the door. They could hear the music playing.

"Do you even know how to do the classical dances Tamsin?" Jenna asks as Tamsin hands the invitation to the doorman. Upon hearing the name the doorman starts shaking visibly.

"I've learned them, I won't say that I'm perfect at them or even good, but yes, I know how to dance." Tamsin smiles down at her and she relaxes just a bit. The glow is gone. Tamsin chuckles, "He knows when he needs to lie low. He'll come out later to enjoy the show."

Calus and Shelby follow them and a single gentleman that could only be Calus's father brings up the rear.

Tamsin hears the whispers and notices the looks directed at himself and Jenna and then again at Shelby and Calus. He doesn't like it and neither does the beast. He tightens his grip on Jenna's arm and only relaxes it when Jenna hisses in pain. Although she doesn't show a thing.

"Being at this dance means every look, word and action will be scrutinized and dissected by everyone else. You don't show anything you don't want others to speculate on and at times it drives people crazy when they can't get a read on you. Like now with you bringing me. They don't understand why you'd bring a filthy whore to this ball."

Tamsin forces himself to not react to her words, "Is that what they are really thinking?" He thinks that it's a good thing most of them are marked for death this night.

"Unfortunately most of them will be thinking that, yes." Jenna turns to him and smiles at him with genuine affection. "Would you really like to get them talking?"

Tamsin relaxes at her smile and words. "And how would we do that?"

"By you kissing me. Oh my a PDA at the Damskin ball what in the world is the world coming to."

No more had Jenna said it than Tamsin acts upon it. He caresses her face gently moving a lock of hair out of the way then lifting her chin up and bending over to kiss her. He had meant it to be just a small kiss, but like most things when it comes to Jenna small never enters the equation. Some time later he finishes the kiss and they are both breathing heavy. Tamsin whispers, "Come home with me tonight. Both you and your sister, for safety, but..." Tamsin doesn't know if he can finish that sentence.

"But what Tamsin?" Jenna asks breathlessly unable to look away from Tamsin's face.

"But not just for that. Stay with me, live with me," Tamsin manages to say the words he'd been agonizing over for two weeks.

"I told you Tamsin, if that is what you want, but if you bring home another..."

"There will be no other," Tamsin pledges and is rewarded with a brilliant smile from Jenna.

"Then I accept."

"Making a fool of yourself are you Jenna? How did you get in here anyway I know that you weren't on the guest list, neither you nor your slutty sister." The old woman says coming up to the two guests that were making a scene at her ball.

"Marjorie Damskin, believe me it wasn't my idea to come tonight but when he asked me to be his date I couldn't say no." Jenna turns from the harridan to Tamsin, "Tamsin, this is your hostess Marjorie Damskin. Marjorie, this is Tamsin, I'm sorry Tamsin I don't know your last name." Jenna just realized that.

"I don't let people know my last name. Marjorie Damskin, I was going to skip this affair since I truly hate the elite and their hypocrisy, but I was told some information that made it the perfect place to be." Tamsin's smile is sharp enough to cut paper with and as false as Marjorie's teeth.