47

Jasmine flees the clinic. It's just too much, everything is just too much for her to take anymore. She goes to the only place that remains the same, the cemetery. She finds Darren's grave and collapses, allowing her pain freedom.

She loses all track of time as she sobs painful wracks shaking her small frame. She feels her body being lifted off the cold ground and held tight to a warm body. She's so overcome with pain and tears that she can't even open her eyes to tell who it is that holds her. She does know it's not Tamsin or Calus though. Perhaps she should fight to get free, but she's just to tired. As her tears subside the stranger holding her hands her a handkerchief, an action that only one other person has ever done.

She cleans up her face and looks up to verify it. "Thank you Jeremy. I appreciate it and you holding me like this, but why are you here?" If she's honest with herself she likes being in his arms. But right now she's too tired to be much of anything except tactless perhaps.

"Truth to tell, I was hoping to run across you here. I was released from the hospital only a few days ago. Tamsin healed me so well that they've put few restrictions on me. There is one, I shouldn't have picked you up like I did, but I couldn't leave you crying on the ground like that. Are you missing Darren so very much then?" If so then he won't go any further than what he's doing right now.

"Not like you mean. There's a crisis in my family and I just needed a place to let things out. If he had been here he would have held me much like you are now." Jasmine is starting to drift off.

"What kind of a crisis Jasmine?" This alarms him, Tamsin isn't likely to listen to him if something is going wrong in his family.

"My brother is in the clinic, he almost died. Tamsin saved him, but he's in a coma and might not wake up." With that Jasmine slips into sleep secure in Jeremy's arms. She doesn't even feel it when Jeremy stands up with her in his arms. He grimaces in pain, but he's not about to let her down now. He takes her to his car and sets her in. He calls Tamsin when he gets into the car but it goes to voice mail. He calls the only other number he has.

"Hello?" The stranger answers.

"Hello, my name is Jeremy Stotweiler. I found Jasmine at the cemetery and she cried herself to sleep in my arms. I know that Tamsin is at the clinic and I'd like to take her back to him, but I'm not sure that I'll be allowed in."

"If you have Jasmine with you they will let you in. They'd probably let you in with out her, but definitely with her. I'll call Tamsin and tell him to expect you." The stranger says and then disconnects the call.

Jeremy looks over to the sleeping girl at his side and starts his car. He doesn't want Tamsin to be angry with him, not with what he's going to ask him.

"You shouldn't be carrying around anything Mr. Stotweiler. The nurse remembers him from when he was a patient just a few days ago.

"I have no choice. It was either carry her or leave her on the ground. I'd rather take injury than leave her where she could take harm. Do you know where Mr. Tamsin and his family might be located?"

"Yes, the ICU waiting room. But here comes Mr. Tamsin now." The nurse makes herself scarce after she gives him that information.

Tamsin comes up to Jeremy and watches him with lantern bright eyes. "We thank you for bringing her back to us Jeremy, but how did you find her and how did you know where to find us?"

Tamsin takes Jasmine from Jeremy's arms. Jasmine snuggles in closer to Tamsin. "I was in the cemetery, and found her on the ground sobbing so hard I hurt for her. I picked her up and held her while she continued to cry. Once she stopped crying she told me that her brother was here and had almost died. Then she fell asleep in my arms. I thought it prudent to return her to you. I did try to call you, but it went to voice mail."