Chapter 3

Emily's PoV

"The Volturi are very old and very powerful family, I guess they are the only leaders my world has," Edward says.

We were looking at a painting in one of Cullen's rooms. I looked closer to the painting and saw the Volturi but I noticed something else, someone else. Carlisle. He was stood near the three leaders. 

"Is that Carlisle?" I hear Bella ask, pointing at the painting. 

"Yeah, he lived with them for a few decades, described them as very refined, no respect for human life of course, respect for the arts and sciences at least. And the law above all," Edward informs us. 

"Wait vampires have laws, " I ask, suddenly interested in the conversation. Edward chuckled at my sudden interest, while Bella smiled at me. 

"Not very many, there's only one that's regularly inforced," Edwards answers. 

"What is it?" Bella asks. I nod agreeing with my sister's question. 

"That we keep the existence of our kind a secret, we don't make spectacles of ourselves and we don't kill conspicuously," Edwards says, "unless of course you want to die."

"You got to stop talking bout that," Bella says, "I can't even think about someone hurting you." 

"Bella the only thing that could hurt me is you, I don't have anyone else to be afraid of," Edwards says to Bella. 

"That's not true," Bella states. 

"She is right you know, Victoria is still after you, since you killed James," I chip in. They both look at me. 

"Victoria, she'll come for me one day, Alice will see what she decides and we'll be ready," Edward says to us. 

"I could protect you, if you change me," Bella says. 

I sigh, "not this again Bella, I thought you were going to wait," I say to her, sprawled out on the chair that I moved to while they were talking to each other. 

"Bella, you already do protect me, you are my only reason to stay alive, if that's what I am, but it's my job to protect you," Edward says. 

I start to think about if Jasper feels the same way. I don't get long because Edward continues to speak. 

"Everyone except my sister," he says. I sit there with horror on my face. 

"No, no, no" I say getting up off the chair. Edward chuckled. 

"Guys, it's time, it's time, it's time," Alice says opening the door and prancing in, way to enthusiastically. 

"Nah I'm out," I say running past her. 

She attempts to grab me but I was to quick, I knew her too well. 

"Byeeeee," I say rushing out of the room and down the stairs where I'm greeted by everyone else. 

"Shit," I mutter under my breath. Everyone laughed at me.