Chapter 4

Edward's PoV

I saw Rosalie take Emily out of the room with her. I admit I was confused. I didn't understand why she had taken her with them. 

Carlisle must have seen the confusion on my face, since he looked up to me and answered the question playing on my mind, while helping Bella.

"Emily calms them Edward," Carlisle tells me. 

"What do you mean?" I heard Bella ask, "don't they want to hurt her because of her blood?" 

Carlisle shakes his head. 

"No, Jasper is the only one who struggles to not want to kill Emily because of her blood but that is because her blood sings to him, he can't help it. However he is learning to control his thirst," Carlisle starts, "you saw what happened earlier, Jasper smelt your blood but he looked at Emily because her blood scent was much stronger than yours, he ended up wanting to hurt Emily instead of you," Carlisle pauses, "but Emily projected what she felt for him since she knew he could feel what she felt and it broke him out of his trance. That's why he fled, " Carlisle admits. 

He pauses before continuing, "The others, they find that Emily helps them feel human, especially Rosalie, and so it calms them. They don't want to hurt her since they have all become to attached to her, extremely quickly compared to you, Bella. They don't mean to be rude or unkind by that, it's just they are more used to her than you Bella," Carlisle tells us. 

"So they won't hurt her?" I ask. 

"No Edward they won't, if you don't trust my reasoning go check for yourself, besides I'm sure Caleb feels guilty for what he did. He will only listen to you right now maybe even Emily," Carlisle says, "I will look after Bella. I believe Emily will most likely still stay the night even after what happened tonight. In which case I need to clear everything up. You can come back when Bella has been attended to, okay Edward?" Carlisle states. 

"Okay," I reply. 

I then flee the room and rush off into the forest.

    »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««     

Emily's PoV

Rose took me out of the house and into the forest. Where I was met with the others. They all looked at me with wide eyes and then at Rosalie with the same expression. 

"Rose, why did you bring Emily out here?" Alice questions. 

"Caleb is trying to calm himself down," Emmett says. 

"Where is Jasper?" Rose says, ignoring them. 

Jasper then suddenly appears in front of her. He gives her a cold expression. 

"Why did you bring Emily out here?" He snaps. 

"Jasper," I say softly, his head snaps in my direction and he looks at me, his eyes softening once he sees me. He moves away from me as I move towards him. 

"It's okay, Jasper, you won't hurt me," I say, aware of the others around me. 

"How do you know?, I tried to kill you back at the house," Jasper states, staring at me.