Chapter 6

Emily's PoV

I approach the meadow and sit down in the centre. I hold my journal in front of me. I grab a pen from my pocket and open my journal to the first page. I begin to write everything that had happened to me since I met the Cullen's. 

I wrote about everything, the first day I met them, The James incident, Prom. I wrote about everything up to my birthday. I illustrated many different pages.

I sat there for over an hour, maybe two. I waited for Jasper to find me. I knew it wouldn't take him long, he just wanted to give me space. 

I take a deep breath in. I look up from my journal and notice Jasper standing on the edge of the meadow. 

I saw him staring at me, concerned. I felt like now was the time to let him know what I truly felt right now.

I then begin to sing to him:

What's it gonna be?
Are you willingly walking away from this?
What's it gonna take?
Can you really break this love?

Where you gonna go?
Tell me do you know when does your heart emit?
'Cause if you leave, baby then leave
Make up your mind before you shut the door

'Cause if there's a chance we might've missed
And if there's a ray of light in this
Baby you should know that this is where my heart takes over, over, over.

Going back in time,
You know we have tried too hard to let this fade,
Almost disappeared, 'til we made it here, baby

And look me in the eye, promise I won't cryThis is your choice to make
'Cause if you go, baby then go
You change your mind I won't be here no more

'Cause if there's a chance we might've missed
And if there's a ray of light in this
Baby you should know that this is where my heart takes over, over.

And if there's a small piece left of us
Somewhere in the battles we have lost
Baby look at me 'cause this is where my heart takes over, over, over.

This is where my heart takes over, over

What's it gonna be?
Are you willingly walking away from this?

'Cause if there's a chance we might've missed
And if there's a ray of light in this
Baby you should know that this is where my heart takes over, over.

And if there's a small piece left of us
Somewhere in the battles we have lost
Baby look at me 'cause this is where my heart takes over, over, over.

This is where my heart takes over, over

I finish singing and Jasper's eyes burn into mine. I can see him struggling with his emotions. I know he doesn't want to leave me but I know that he will. He will think it's for the best.

He speeds over to me. I stand up right in front of him. He grabs my hand and squeezed it slightly. He lets go of my hand and brings his up to my cheek. He strokes it gently and I could feel the sparks fly from both of us, just from one touch. I turn away from him stopping the sparks igniting.

"So your really leaving," I say. 

"Yes," he replies. 

His southern accent hits me and I turn to face him, with tears forming in my eyes. 

"And, your just going to leave me behind," I say, my voice breaking slightly. 

"Yes," he replied. 

"You said that you loved me, do you?" I ask. 

He stared at me, he knew that the only way for him to leave me was to break my heart, he just didn't want to do it. 

"Just say it, break my heart Jasper. You and I both know it will be easier for you to leave me behind if you do," I say, looking directly into his golden eyes. 

"Emily-," Jasper says softly. 

"Don't Jasper, Don't make this any harder than it already is," I say cutting him off.

He just looks at me, his face full of guilt and pain. I admire him for the last time, I bring my hand up to his face and touch his cheek. I then get closer and kiss him one last time. It was slow and gentle, as though we were cherishing each other for the last time. We pull apart and he looks me directly in my eyes.

"I don't love you Emily, I never have, I'm sorry," he says. I felt my heart break at his words even though I knew he didn't truly mean them. 

I managed to stop the tears from falling as we made it back to their house. I didn't look at him or even acknowledge him, it just hurt too much.

    »»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««     

We walk back to the Cullen's house and everything was pretty much packed and ready to go. The Cullen's waited for us outside their house. There was a car parked in front of the house. We approached them and I hugged everyone, but Edward and Jasper.

I approached Rose and Alice.
"You guys have been the best friends anyone could of asked for," I say, holding back the tears, "I hope that you guys don't forget me and if I ever see you again, it will most likely be a miracle, since you guys were the best things that ever happened to me."

They both hug me tightly, but not enough to bruise me, since I'm still only a human. I pull away and my eye catches something.

"Who's the car for?" I ask. 

"It's for you," Emmett says. I look at him astonished. 

Rose hands me the keys and two bags. One full of my clothes and the other full of all my presents from them. I take them and put my bag into the boot. I move to get into the car but stop when I hear Esme. I turn around.

"Emily, we are sorry for what's happening," she says to me. 

"It's okay, really it is," I say, I then turn my head and glance at Jasper before speaking to all of them, "I just don't belong in your world, I guess I thought that what I felt was real, clearly I was wrong." 

With that I turned away and got into the car and drove away, with tears rolling down my face.