Chapter Two

Remus Lupins' P.O.V After I got out of Potions, Prongs, Wormtail, Padfoot and I all went to the Great Hall for dinner. We sat in out usual spot, which was at the end of the table near to staffs table. I sat facing the Ravenclaw table as did Sirius, while Peter and James sat with their backs to the Ravenclaw table. We were talking about the new girl, Terra, when Padfoot brought up something.
"She lied about her last name, wait no, she 'twisted the truth to fit her needs'. It's not really LeAnn, it's Lancaster. Her middle name is LeAnn," he said staring at the girl sitting with Terra. I furrowed my eyebrows, but shrugged it off and continued to eat the steak in front of me.
"She's interesting, ya know. I think our little Mooney has heart eyes about her," Prongs nudged Wormtail, who grinned and looked at me.
"One, no, I don't; two, we've barley even met her and three, you guys know I can't," I growled and looked at my food with a glare. "I could hurt her. I could hurt anyone, like you guys," the group went quiet after than and stayed quiet. We ate quickly and then exited the Great Hall. We went to the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, where the Fat Lady was standing looking smugly.
"Password?" She asked pulled her hand up onto her hips. She had black hair pulled back into a elegant up-do, with a white dress that was too long and pooled at her feet. Fruit hung around her on vines and a classy looking love seat was seated in the background.
"Scurvy Cur," Prongs answered her, causing the painting to swing open and reveal a passage way to the common room. We walked through the passage and end up in the common room.
The common room was a circular room where Gryffindor students, like us, can relax after a long day. The room was full of squashy armchairs, tables, and a bulletin board where school notices, ads, lost posters are posted. A window looked out onto the grounds of the school, and a large fireplace dominated one wall. The walls were decorated with scarlet tapestries that depict witches and wizards, but also various animals. The common room was usually where celebration parties were held after our Quidditch victories.
Prongs flopped onto the couch in front of the fireplace and started to play around with his wand a bit. I sat down across from him in one of the armchairs, pulled out my book and opened it.
"Are we just going to sit in silence or are we going to talk about what that Ravenclaw chic is hiding?" Padfoot spread out on the floor in front of the couch, I looked up from my book and looked at him, with a serious look in my eyes.
"You're kidding, right?" Padfoot looked at me and grinned, shaking his head.
"No, Mooney, I'm not kidding. Terra is hiding something, I just know it," Padfoot said sitting up and looking at all three of us: Prongs, Wormtail and I. "You guys didn't notice how she was messing with her neck a lot. She has something on her neck. I think she's hiding it."
"Are you serious?" Prongs said sitting up and then face-palming.
"Why, yes, I am Sirius. But yes, I am for real," Padfoot laughed, while Prongs groaned at Padfoot's terrible pun. "I'm gonna find out what it is she's hiding. What about you, Prongs, you wanna know?" I narrowed my eyes onto Padfoot. Prongs hesitated before grinning.
"Yeah, she's mysterious and looks like she's hiding some juicy secret," Prongs said stretching his arms above his head and nodding.
"Guys, are you guys really going to do this? It's her secret, you wouldn't want her finding out about my secret, so why try to figure out her secret?" I argued, sitting up straighter and leaning my elbows on my knees.
"Because, Mooney, there's a difference. She won't try to figure out our secret. Besides, there's no harm in knowing a secret and not telling a soul about it. I know you wanna know what secret she holds, too, so don't deny it," Prongs countered, while standing up and walking towards the dorms. He looked back at me and smirked, when I started to say no then stopped.
"Fine, but if she finds out about us trying to figure it out, we stop," I said narrowing my eyes and looking at my three best friends. The all nodded and we headed to our dorm.
Terra Lancasters' P.O.V I entered the my dorm and saw Andrea trying to fend off Lisa and Carrie, who looked like rapid doxies, when they turned their attention to me. I stepped back when they started to approach with a look of revenge in their eyes. I pulled out my wand and pointed it at the both of them.
"Come any closer and I'll make sure the both of your heads turn into pumpkins," I said calmly. Carrie scoffed, while Lisa snapped at me.
"You minger, your trying to take Sirius from us! He doesn't like scrubbers like you that are as ugly as toads," Lisa yelled at me, I grimaced and waited for her to get closer. She took two steps closer and then pulled her wand out.
"Slugulus Eructo!" I shouted and a green light shot out of my wand and hit Lisa, then I turned towards Carrie and repeated the spell. I grabbed Andreas' arm and pulled her a few steps back as Carrie and Lisa started vomiting slugs onto the floor.
"Before you start accusing someone of being ugly and stealing something from you, you should let that person talk and explain themselves. Now, lets get you to the Hospital Wing before there's forty plus slugs running around our dorm," I grabbed a empty pot that was for flowers and handed it to Lisa, who then vomited a slug into it. Andrea grabbed one of Carries shoes and tossed it at Carrie, who also vomited a slug or two into it.
We walked out of the dorms and into the common room, where a slue of other Ravenclaw students were studying. Howie and someone else walked up to us.
"Why are they vomiting slugs?" The boy asked. He had strawberry blonde hair and pale green eyes, that seemed to hunger for knowledge.
"Oh, uh, a spell backfired," I made an excuse, and then nudged Andreas' foot with mine.
"Yeah, it was terrible. Shame," Andrea said fake pouting. "Well, we'd better get them to the Hospital Wing." We walked out of the common room and down the hall, where we ran into James and the rest of the group walking up the stairs towards us.
"Hey, Sirius. How are you-" Right in the middle of Lisa's sentence she vomited a slug into the pot. Sirius looked grossed out while, James, Peter and Remus started laughing hysterically.
"What happened to her?" Sirius asked me, looking between Lisa, Carrie and I. I smiled sheepishly then looked at Carrie and Lisa.
"Uh, they, a spell backfired on them. Shame, whoops," I said and then turned and looked at Andrea who looked highly annoyed by the Marauders presence. "Welp. We've got to go take them to the Hospital Wing." Andrea and I lead Lisa and Carrie down the hall and to the Hospital Wing.
When we returned from the common room, everyone was going back to their dorm and shutting it down for the night. Andrea and I walked up the stairs and into our dorm.
"You served them right! Oh, sweet Ravenclaw, that was legendary," Andrea burst into laughter and fell onto her bed.
"Oh Godric, after a day like this, having to deal with that it just put the cherry on the top," I said, grabbing some pajamas and magically changed into them. Andrea did the same and then crawled into her bed, while I stood and walked over to the mirror that was hanging on the back of the door.
I pulled down the collar of my overly large T-shirt and looked at the moon tattoo on my lower neck. I sighed and ran my fingers over the tattoo, just feeling it. The tattoo was slowly turning into a Full Moon, it was a Waxing Gibbous, with only a sliver left until it was a Full Moon, I sighed and fixed my collar.
"Tomorrow. Why tomorrow?" I murmured to myself and walked to my bed. I crawled into bed and snapped my finger, causing the candles to go out. I pulled the covet up to my chin and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning I woke up, showered, changed and gathered all my things for today. Andrea waited patiently for me to straighten my tie. When I was done, we went down into the common room where Howie and his blonde friend were waiting for us.
We entered the Great Hall and sat where we did the day before, except I sat facing the rest of the tables to avoid getting slapped in the face with sunlight. I ate my bacon with my biscuits and gravy silently, listening to the ongoing conversation about how muggles made amazing things.
I peered up at Andrea who was blocking my view of the Marauders, and excused myself from the table. I sulked up the stairs and towards the Potions classroom. I squinted and entered the classroom, only to see I wasn't the only one who had the idea to get to class first.
A boy was sitting at a desk writing in a book. He was thin and scrawny with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose. He was wearing the regular robes, but the badge was green with a snake on it. He had shoulder-length, black hair which framed his face in curtains, curling lips and black eyes that were focused on the book on his desk.
I stood in the doorway for a second before clearing my throat, letting him know I was there. He looked up and shut the book so fast. His dark eyes penetrated through me with a glare. I gulped and then spoke up.
"Do you know where an empty seat is?" I asked, looking around the room. He looked around as if remembering where everyone sat. He then proceeded to stand up and moved with ease around the classroom. He stopped in front of a pair of desks.
"Here," he said in a very soft, but firm voice. I thanked him and went to sit down in the empty spot.
"I'm Terra, by the way," I said pulling out the books for this class.
"Severus," he said shortly.
"Well, it's nice to meet you, Severus," I said, getting up and getting a book off the shelf. The book had a cauldron with smoke curly out of it and spider webs in the background behind the cauldron. The words Advanced Potion Making were scrawled across the cover.
I walked back to my seat and sat down, while opening the book. I read a few of the potions instruction and immediately frowned. No, no, no, no. This is all wrong.
"These bloody authors must have been stupid or something," I muttered to myself, pulling out my ink and quill, before fixing the mistakes. The bell rang out throughout the school, while I was half way through the second page. I let the ink dry before I shut the book and set my ink and quill to the side.
People walked into the classroom and sat down in their spots, and just by my bloody ill luck. James Potter sat down beside me and had the audacity to smile at me. I groaned and closed my eyes, wanting to bash my head on the desk. Instead of him annoying me, he turned around in his seat and started cooing and annoying a girl named Lily, who sat behind us.
Lily was a beautiful girl with thick, dark red hair that fell to her shoulders and bright green almond-shaped eyes. Her bright green eyes were extremely distinctive and all knowing. She had a scowl on her face as James kept annoying her.
"Come on, Lily-pad, don't be like that!" James pouted when she threw a waded up ball of paper at his face. I laughed and turned to look forwards, when the Professor, Professor Slughorn, entered the room complaining he was late. He was enormously fat, bald, old man, and was short with an immense belly, so large that the buttons on his waistcoat threatened to burst off.
"Today, we are going to make Draught of Living Death. I know many of you may or may not know what it is. Well it is an extremely powerful sleeping draught, that sends the drinker into a deathlike slumber, similar to suspended animation," Professor Slughorn said turning around. "You will find the instructions on page 65 in your book." I opened my book to page 65 and almost screamed. The instructions weren't right! "Your partners are the ones you are sitting next to, good luck. You may begin."

The following recipe can be followed to brew this potion:Add the Infusion of Wormwood.Add the powdered root of asphodel.Stir twice clockwise.Add the sloth brain.Add 12 Sopophorousbean's juice.Stir seven times anti-clockwise.