Chapter Seven

Terra Lancasters' P.O.V I yawned and stood in the middle of the Herbology Gardens, beside Remus who was glaring at his paper and angrily scribbling down the notes. I didn't know what was going on with him, he's been like this since Study of Ancient Runes. I wrote down what Professor Sprout was saying and then looked at the floor, before yawning and then sneezed. I groaned and saw Remus was glaring angrily forwards and tapping his quill onto his page of notes.
Then I saw it. On his pale hand was a 'W' the size of my thumb. It was semi-red around the edges but wasn't to badly infected. I widened my eyes while yawning and choked on my spit. I began to cough loudly, trying to get enough oxygen into my airways. Remus looked over and then started to pat my back, barely helping me breathe.
"Are you okay, Terra?" I stared up at Remus like a fish and then nodded and took a step away from him. He looked confused then his eyes hardened and he turned away from me and then glared at his paper. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it and looked down. The bell rang a few minutes and I sprinted out of the Herbology Gardens and back up to the school.
"Oh my bloody hell. Oh my bloody hell. Oh my bloody hell," I muttered to myself, while running up the stair and taking a sharp turn. A flurry of black and then I was laying on top of someone, I groaned and looked at the person, underneath me. I looked at Sirius and squeaked before rolling off of him and running off up the stairs leaving him confused and on the floor.
If Remus was a werewolf then that meant the Animagus' with him had to be his three closest friends, meaning Peter, Sirius and James' knew he was a werewolf and were with him every Full Moon. I shook my head and started taking the stairs three at a time. When I got to D.A.D.A. Andrea was sitting at our usual seat, while Howie was sitting two seating away with Riley, who was looking at me strangely. I looked at the door and saw Remus and James enter the classroom casually.
I threw my stuff down and ripped a piece of parchment out and grabbed my quill. I scrawled a quick 'tell you later' then made it into a paper airplane and threw it at him. He reached into the air and snatched it, before he opened it and then looked at me.
Professor Gilligan entered the classroom and began our unit on how to do a Patronus Charm. Due to the war going on Dumbledore wanted for us to begin learning how to protect ourselves from anything dangerous. I listened to Professor Gilligan explain what the Patronus Charm was and how it worked.
"Alright class, spread out and think of the happiest memory you can think of, then say 'Expecto Patronum,'" Professor Gilligan said. "I don't expect all of you to make a corporeal one, so you may get started," all the students stood up from their seats and began to try and make a Patronus Charm. I sighed and then began to dig deep into my mind, going through all the memories that I had to find the one I was happiest in. I smiled when I found a happy memory and then tried to use it.
It was the time that my entire family and a few other families all had an ultimate snowball fight. There was no magic just a good old fashion snowball fight. I remember Riley and his family were playing when I threw a snowball at his face and almost knocked him out.
I opened my eyes and laughed slightly, before casting the spell. "Expecto Patronum!" I flicked my wand and a wisp of silver light shot out from the end of it and began to take form. I had done this charm before and the first few times, my patronus was a wolf, so I found a non-verbal spell that would change my patronus into a different animal, to keep people from figuring out what I was. Mine was now an owl.
The wisp took form of an owl and began to flap its' wings and fly around the top of the room. The owl took giant swoops at peoples head and then eventually stopped going after peoples heads and flew back to me. The owl landed on my desk and then started to clean its' feathers. I looked around the room and saw it some people struggling to make the charm.
A doe was walking around the room, but then it would go straight back to Lily who was smiling like mad, a otter was sitting beside Andrea who was squealing at how it was so cute, and so many other animals ran, flew, and hopped. Some people couldn't produce a corporeal and so they made a non-corporeal, which was just a giant shield.
I looked behind me to see if Remus' patronus was a wolf, but when I turned around and saw he was producing a non-corporal patronus, then looked at James. He was not doing anything. He wasn't making a non-corporeal charm and he was doing a corporeal charm. He was doing absolutely nothing.
I turned around and then broke my concentration with my patronus and then watched it disappear into my wand. I sighed and then sat down and placed my head on the desk. It was sorta hard to keep the hiding spell up when you have a million other things on your mind.

After the bell rang I walked out of D.A.D.A. and then hid behind the door. I wanted to know what James' patronus was, even if it got me detention. I squatted outside the door and began to eavesdrop, when someone came up beside me and scared me.
"What are you doing?" She whispered into my ear, causing me to almost scream. I turned and looked at Lily who was looking at me.
"Trying to figure out what James' patronus is. I'm guessing you're doing the same thing?" I whispered back to her and she turned bright red, while nodding. I nodded and then watched James' he pulled out his wand and then was about to do the Patronus Charm when I looked at Lily.
"I have to get to Care of Magical Creatures. Tell me what his patronus is later, 'kay?" I stood up and quietly ran from the doorway of the D.A.D.A. classroom and down the stairs towards the entrance of the school. I was almost to the door when Lily jumped me from behind and dragged me into a corner.
"Oh my Godric! His patronus is a stag! A stag! And mine is a doe! That means we're compatible, which means- Merlin's beard!" Lily was freaking out and semi-whisper-yelling in my face. I covered her mouth with my hand and grinned. Wait. Stag? Then that means-
"Oh hush. Don't deny it, you two would be cute as hell," I laughed as her face went red. She frowned and then looked me in the eyes.
"Yeah, I'll stop denying it when you stop denying that you like Remus Lupin," She smirked at me, while I blushed and then scowled at her. I turned away and then walked out the door towards Hagrid's Hut, from Care of Magical Creatures. I walked furiously towards the Hut and was on a rampage when I saw Sirius running over to me. I scowled at him and then turned away from his insufferable smirk.
"Wait, Terra! What's up?" Sirius smiled and winked at me. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"Besides your bloated ego? Nothing really," I smirked at Sirius. He stumbled backwards and pulled his hand up and placed it over his heart, while looking hurt. He started fake crying and then looked at me again.
"I'm offended, Terra! I thought we were sisters!" He cried out, loudly, causing heads to turn and people to stare. I looked at him and slapped my hand over his mouth.
"Shh, you arsehole!" I hissed playfully at him. He pouted and then licked my hand, I pulled it away and rubbed it on his clothes, making a disgusted face. "Yuck."
"Aw, is Ter-Ter grossed out by spit?" Sirius teased me, I rolled my eyes and then pushed his chest away from me. "Oh, Terra, James, Peter, Remus and I were wondering if you like to go hang out at Hogsmeade with us, later on today?" I squinted my eyes at him.
"What's the catch?" I cautiously prodded. They wouldn't invite me with them without some sort of catch, and currently they weren't in any position to be trusted.
"Can't we just invite a friend to hang out with us?" Sirius paused for a moment. "And maybe get a couple Butterbeers."
"It's Friday. We can go tomorrow," I hesitated, then responded. "Sure. Whatever. What time?" I said lazily. Sirius looked ready to explode in happiness. He gave me a creepy grin then replied.
"Meet James, Remus, Peter and I in the Astronomy tower at three," Sirius said quietly. I mentally checked my schedule and then frowned. At three I had Transfiguration and I don't think Professor McGonagall would like if I was absent. I contemplated, before settling on my answer.
"Alright, but if I die because Professor McGonagall finds me sneaking away, I'm going to come back from the dead and haunt you four," Then I turned my attention onto what Professor Kettleburn was saying.

I was slinking in and out of the shadows, to avoid being found by Filch, towards the stairway that led to the Astronomy tower. I froze in the shadowed doorway of the potions ingredients when I heard footsteps passing by. I almost shat myself when it was Filch and his cat Mrs. Norris walking past. I held my breath and stood still when Mrs. Norris kept walking by. How she didn't see me, I will never know.
I peaked from my hiding spot and then darted up the Astronomy tower stairs and then quietly opened the door. I entered the door and glared at Sirius who was stuffing something into his back pocket. I scoffed at him and then calmly chewed him out.
"Do you even know how many times Filch almost found me? Bloody Mrs. Norris just kept walking past me when I'd hide. Usually she finds me and then goes to alert Filch when I sneak out," I sighed and looked at the four boys in front of me.
"You sneak out?" Remus asked, seemingly staring right through me. Sirius looked confused and Peter and James were staring as well.
"But you're a Ravenclaw. Ravenclaw's never do anything like sneaking out or skipping class. I'm surprised you even came here," James muttered while staring at me and then shaking his head.
"Oh, hun, I've done worse things then sneaking out," I smiled evilly. "So are we just going to stand around and talk about how much of a "goody-goody" Ravenclaw house is even though we own the homework helping business?"
"Right," James said, before walking over to a crate in the room and reaching behind it. He pulled out a broom and tossed it to Sirius, and then he continued to pull out brooms and handing them to people.
"Where'd you get these?" I asked, putting one leg over the broom. Peter grinned at me and James shook his head.
"What matters is that these will help us escape," James laughed and I smiled.
"You four will have to guide the way to Hogsmeade, I've never really gone on the weekend trips," They all looked really surprised then they mounted their brooms and then launched off the Astronomy tower. I followed behind them and smiled at the familiar feeling of flying on a broom.
I smiled as I breathed in the air. The scenery passed down below quickly as we flew in a 'V' formation, like birds. Pretty soon a small village was visible in the distance. I looked up and saw Remus looking back at me then snapping his head forwards and looking forwards.
Remus was a werewolf. He was a werewolf just like me. Just like Riley and I, but that means that the other three are the Animagus' that were with him that night. James was the stag, and the other twos' identities remain a mystery. Remus was the one that gave me the scars on my side and that Sirius or Peter was going to attack me.
We landed in Hogsmeade and I followed them around and then entered a place called The Three Broomsticks. They lead me to a seat and we ordered Butterbeers. I was silent while listening to them talk about their old pranks and who they pranked.
"Remember when we pranked the Slytherin House and they had to clean it up by hand!" Sirius laughed and him and the rest of them shared a laugh. I faked a laugh and then listened to them continue going back in the past. I excused myself from the table and pretended to go to the bathroom, but really I slipped out and into the streets, where I sat on the curb and just breathed in the snowy air.
I sat on the curb and watched people walk by and watched the snowflakes fall from the air. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, to stare at the sky, and just relax. I just sat there for a few minutes before the door behind me opened and someone sat down beside me.
"If you wanted to leave you could have just said so," they said.
"Well that would have been too nice of me, and beside, you four looked like you were have a blast, I didn't want to interrupt that," I said softly, opening my eyes to look up into the grey sky.
"We wouldn't have cared, you know," I looked over at Remus and saw him staring at me, before he blushed and turned away.
"Do you know why I came?" I asked Remus.
"Because Sirius bribed you?"
"No, why I came to Hogwarts? Do you want to know why?"
"You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to."
"Give me the truth."
"Sorta, but it could be a number of things. You could have just moved-"
"My parents divorced because things at, my old school, Ilvermorny got dark and my mother wanted to keep me there because she wanted me to stay in America with her. My father got custody over me and immediately found the closest school for me and then sent me there.
"I was supposed to come in my second year to Hogwarts but mum kept moving me around and getting personal teachers to teach me magic after I came home from muggle school. When they caught my mum, they took me away from her and gave me to my dad, they sent my mum to Azkaban and then I was sent here.
"My dad is a famous wizard by the name of Alexander Rivington, but his fake name is Brain Lancaster. My name really is Terra Lancaster, as my father had changed his name, and I have a brother named Easten, who went to Hogwarts until he graduated. He and my dad were the ones that picked me up at the train station.
"I have a history with Riley Fairview, who is going to Hogwarts right now, you should know him, he is in your House. He and I knew each other the first year of Ilvermorny and we celebrated our birthday's together. The day after Riley and I turned twelve, I realized what hellish school I was going to. That was the week I left and for three years I avoided Riley and was taught private magic, advanced magic.
"Three months ago when I came to Hogwarts, I discovered this was the best school I had ever been to. The Headmaster didn't find pleasure in watching kids scream in pain or sadness, but he found pleasure in teaching kids and watching them grow. He let me, a trouble-making teen, into his school without a blink of his eyes and he let me in upon knowing I was trouble. I met three people the first month, that were the most caring and funny people I had ever had, then a few weeks I befriended four of the most abnormal people I had ever met.
"These people were absolute misfits, but they made it work, they had a unbreakable friendship that blew Riley and I's out of the water. The first thing I heard about these people was that they were trouble, the most annoying, yet handsome, four boys I had yet to know. When I finally met them I was baffled. They were not what people said them to be! They cared about their friends, they were the weirdest, stupidest, funniest, rudest, most selfish group of idiots that there ever was!
"But you wanna know something? They made Hogwarts a fun and homey place. It was like have more brothers, it was like home for me," I ranted to Remus. It was quiet for a few minutes until I stood up and brushed myself off. "I should get back to Hogwarts, dinner is going to be in a few and people tend to notice if I'm missing," I turned away and grabbed my broom before pushing off of the ground and into the air before zooming off towards Hogwarts.
Remus Lupins' P.O.V I watched her fly off towards the direction of the school. I furrowed my eyebrows, while entering The Three Broomsticks and walking back over to the table where Padfoot, Prongs and Wormtail all sat watching me come back. I sat down at the table and then took a sip of my Butterbeer.
"Where's Terra?" Padfoot asked looking around the bar area.
"She went back to Hogwarts for dinner," I said dully and looked straight ahead.
"What's going on with our Moony? Did she said something to you?" Prongs said nudging Padfoot. I nodded my head and that surprised them.
"She explained her past with some large gaps in it. But I now know why she is always so defensive," I mumbled, before looking at them. "She's had some dark things happen to her. She didn't tell me what happened but I can tell it was terrible and dark by the way when she spoke about it, her eyes dulled and lost their shine."
"She told you?" Wormtail said skeptically. I nodded and told them the whole conversation. Well, one-sided conversation.
"Wait. Her dad is the Alexander Rivington! How did I not notice! You mean, I shook hands with the eleventh most powerful wizard in history!" Padfoot exclaimed and then slammed his hands onto the table, startling everyone in the pub. "That is the coolest thing that's happened to me since I met you guys!"
"Her old Headmaster watched kids scream in pain with pleasure? Blimey," Wormtail whispered sadly. "Maybe that was the reason she was crying in her sleep that one night."
"She thinks we're weird, stupid, rude and selfish? That's harsh," James huffed. I looked at him with a 'are-you-kidding-me' face. "Kidding. It must be hard."
"What do you guys think happened to her there?" I asked, leaning back into my chair and looking at Prongs, Wormtial and Padfoot.
"It would help if you asked her, you know? Instead of gossiping about her," A voice said behind us. I turned around and saw her old best-friend, Riley.
"Oh, hi," I greeted him lazily. He rolled his eyes and then pulled a chair from the tabled beside us and sat down.
"If you lot really want to know what happened to her, you should get to know her and really be friends with her. I could tell you, but it's not my place, to go out and spread things about her past," Riley stated, pushing his hair out of his face. "Oh and next time you choose to go out for a walk at night under an Invisibility Cloak, make sure you cover your whole body, not just your legs and not your feet," Riley then stood up and walked away.
"He knows," It wasn't a question it was a statement. "He'd caught us sneaking back into the school grounds and that's why he was looking around that night. He was looking for us," Prongs said before standing up and following Riley out of the pub. We followed Prongs and found Prongs pushing Riley against a concrete wall. I ran up to him and pulled Prongs off of Riley.
"How much do you know?" I turned around and asked Riley, who was raising an eyebrow and showing an infuriatingly cocky smirk.
"Enough, that I could hold it over your head and threaten to tell Terra," my breathing hitched and I looked him in the eyes. He was serious about telling her. "But, I'm not like those people who uses things over people. I know you know what I am and I know what you are. I'd like to keep it just to us five."
"As long as you don't tell anyone," Riley nodded and then scooted off into the empty streets, disappearing from sight. I looked at Prongs, Wormtail, and Padfoot with a look of horror.
"He knows. He knows and he could tell her. He could tell her and then she'd be terrified of me. Then she'd tell the rest of the students and I'll have to leave," I whispered, horrified. Prongs looked ready to go hunt someone down, Padfoot looked ready to kill and Wormtail was cracking his knuckles and looking towards the direction Riley disappeared in.
"You don't really think she'd tell the rest of the students, do you, Moony?" Padfoots' eyes softened and he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"She hates werewolves, she told me herself," I muttered utterly broken. Prongs then guided us back to the brooms.
"Moony, she doesn't hate you. You don't really know if she hates werewolves, she could have been lying," Wormtail encouraged me, while mounting his broom and we took off. I sulked the entire way to Hogwarts and when we landed I only sulked harder as entered the school. Prongs went to the entrance of the Great Hall and peaked in, he waved for us to come in and we quickly caught up to him.
I looked towards Ravenclaw table and saw Riley smiling and talking with Terra. He leaned in and whispered something to her, the smile was yanked off of her face and I knew he'd broke his promise and told her. She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him from the table and out the door. I watched as she snapped something at him and he countered what she responded with.
Terra pulled back her hand a full-on slapped Riley. His head snapped towards the Great Hall and he then looked down, I may have been quite a bit away from the scene but I could read her mouth clearly.
"You incompetent arsehole! Why did you do it!" And then he said something to her and she looked over into the Great Hall and stared into my eyes. She turned away and blushed then said something angrily at Riley who laughed and then Terra looked back over with a blush on her face and then I smiled at her weakly and she blushed so hard her face was as read as the red on our badges.
"Oi! See, Moony, she's not avoiding you," Peter nudged me and smiled. "But I still don't trust that Riley guy."
"Same, Wormtail, same," Padfoot said glaring at Riley. Terra and Riley entered the Great Hall again, but with a scowl on her face.
"Why don't you just go ahead and date her, Remus?" Lily said scooting down the bench towards us. "You're already eye-raping her and plus she really likes you," Lily slapped her hand over her mouth. "That wasn't supposed to come out! Forget I said that!" Lily got up and ran from the bench, while this as happening Riley had moved from the Ravenclaw table back over to the Gryffindor table and began to eat.
"You hear that, Mooney! She likes you!" Padfoot said and nudged me. I blushed and looked away from Terra who was looking at her foot and talking to Andrea, Howard and Mordecai.
I scoffed, rolled my eyes and then continued to eat, avoiding all possible conversations with Prongs, Padfoot and Wormtail, who kept trying to get me to say something. I shook my head and they laughed before looking at each other and smirking.

The next morning I woke up and showered. I grabbed a pile of clothes and brought them into the bathroom with me, and got into the shower. I listened to the guys outside when it went quiet and then I heard the bathroom door open and then close. I furrowed my eyebrows and finished washing the shampoo out of my hair, before peaking out and seeing nothing out of the ordinary.
I finished my shower and stepped out, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist. Absentmindedly reaching out for my clothes, I searched for them and felt nothing. I growled and flung open the dorm bedroom door and heard a scream.
"What the holy hell!" A girl screamed, I looked around and say Terra sitting on my bed, covering her eyes with my pillow. "What the bloody hell are you doing!" She blindly threw my other pillow at me as I scrambled back into the bathroom. Slamming the door shut, I breathed out through my nose angrily.
Prongs, Padfoot, and Wormtail! You bloody arsewipes! I growled inwardly and then heard Terra pounding on the dorm room door.
"You overly boastful mingers! Let me out! I will hurt you severely, if you three don't let me out!" Terra shouted and continued to pound on the door with her fists. I opened the door a crack and say Terra stopped hitting the door with her fists and was know hitting the door with my pillow, she used to cover her eyes.
"Let me out, I want to keep my virgin eyes!" She screamed and I blushed and sputtered.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know this was happening," I mumbled through the cracks in the door. "I was just taking a shower and then-"
"-then those bloody tall arse midgets locked me in here with you in a towel," She finished my sentence, while still looking at the door.
"Don't turn around," I said to her and slipped out of the bathroom.
"Now it makes me want to turn around," she chuckled and continued to face the door. I walked to my trunk and opened it. All my clothes were gone, I moved to the other three's trunks and saw them all empty.
"Damn," I muttered to myself and ran my hand through my wet hair.
"Damn? What do you mean damn? damn as in good damn or damn as in bad damn?" Terra panicked tapping her foot and waving her arms around. Her shirt rode up and revealed her back and her right side, which revealed a small portion of her hip. Her hip was covered in a large scar, I couldn't make out what it looked like, only that it was a scar. And a large one at that.
"Damn as in all my clothes and then other guys clothes are gone."
"Oh, that is a bad damn."
"By the way, why'd you come up here anyways?"
"I heard there was fucking brownie's and the only dessert I got was a bloody boy naked in the same room as me."
I blushed and quickly fixed my towel, seeings as it was slipping. "Oh."
"Yeah, 'Oh.' The bloody door won't open with a spell or brute force, either."
"I would help but..."
"Yeah. Hold on." She paused then kicked the door. "LISTEN HERE, YOU LITTLE SCRUBBERS! OPEN THE BLOODY DOOR, SO HELP ME!" A laugh was heard on the other side and I knew it was Prongs, Wormtail, and Padfoot.
"Guys, please, open the door."
"Haha, sure, only if you two snog," Padfoot laughed. I blushed and looked at Terra, who was smashing her head against the wall.
"Curse my incompetent love for food," She groaned. "I shouldn't have listened to them."
"You two will only get out if you snog," Prongs excitedly said in a sing-song voice.
"Fine!" And before I had time to process what happened Terra turned around and grabbed my face, bringing it closer to hers. Her lips pressed against mine and she kissed me, I had no idea what to do so I just stood there, like a statue. She pulled away and then pushed open the door, which flung open to reveal Prongs, Padfoot, and Wormtail all looking shocked.
She brushed past them, with a blush on her face, and walked out of the Gryffindor common room.