Chapter Three

"Miss, wake up. You need to wake up," someone was shaking me awake. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, suddenly.
"You're not supposed to be in here! Get out, get out, get out!" The voice snapped at me. I looked around and saw the Librarian, Madam Pince. I gasped and started to profoundly apologize to the woman, who looked almost shocked that I had apologized to her.
She was a average height woman, whose most striking physical attributes was looking like an underfed vulture. Her skin was parchment-like, her cheeks were sunken, her face was shriveled and she had an unflattering hooked-nose. She was also very thin and irritable-looking.
"You better get out of here and go get changed, before you miss breakfast and your first classes," she hissed at me, I quickly shot up from my spot and ran out of the library. I ran to the Ravenclaw common room entrance and knocked the knocker.
"There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first. Who are the two sisters?" The eagle asked and ruffled his feathers. I had been asked this riddle once, when I was at Ilvermorny.
"Night and Day," I said hurriedly. The eagle congratulated me and then let me enter the common room passage. I ran through the passage and up the stairs to the showers, then ran to the girls' dorm. I threw open the door, grabbed a random pair of clothes from my trunk and changed into them. I grabbed my new Ravenclaw robes and threw them on.
I grabbed all of my needed objects and ran out of the common room and to the Great Hall. Andrea was looking around the Great Hall, probably looking for someone, when she spotted me and jumped out of her seat. She stomped over to me and slapped me in front of everyone.
The sound of flesh meeting flesh echoed through the Great Hall, making everyone go quiet. Heads turned towards the scene and eyes widened seeing what happened.
"Holy shit," whispered a kid beside us. I turned towards Andrea and pursed my lips waiting for her to talk.
"You obnoxious git! Where were you!? I went back to the dorm and I couldn't find you anywhere. Do you think its okay to just disappear and not give your friends any warning!?" Andrea scoffed at me. I furrowed my eyebrows and then sighed.
"Andrea I did tell you I was going to hole up somewhere. I did so in the library, so I could read and forget about my cramps," I whispered to her, then blushed and closed my eyes.
"Oh," She paused. "Fudge! I am so sorry. I didn't mean to slap you, it just, I was just so angry at you. I am so, so sorry!" I laughed and then rubbed my cheek, and rolled my eyes.
"S'fine," I said and then noticed the entire Great Hall was watching us. "Oi, what are you looking at?" I snapped at the surrounding people, making them turn around and go back to their conversation. Andrea and I walked over to the Ravenclaw table where Howie and Mordecai were looking at Andrea shocked. We sat down and a plate of food appeared in front of me. I turned around and looked at the Gryffindor table to see, Sirius, James, Peter and Remus, all looked like they had been beat up.
Though Remus looked like he had it worse then the others. He was covered in bruises and scratch marks that covered his face and neck. He had dark bags under his eyes and little scratches that covered his face. He was slumped over the table with his hand supporting his head, while his eyes were closed, most likely sleeping.
Sirius had a pained expression on his face, while he was moving his arm. He had scratches on his forehead and cheek, little scratches peering up over the collar of his shirt. He had dark bags under his eyes just like Remus, but he wasn't sleeping.
I couldn't see what Peter and James looked like, but going on how Peter was slumped over the table, with his head down, and James was leaning on his arm, I would say they were in the same state that Remus and Sirius were in. I turned back around when Sirius looked up and caught me looking.
"So you okay today? I mean the thing?" Howie pointed to my lower stomach, causing Andrea and I to laugh. I nodded my head through my laughter.
"Oh Merlin's, that, oh I can't, wow," Andrea laughed and held her stomach. She had a fork sticking out of her mouth, with her eyes squeezed closed and a smile exposing her white and straight teeth. "You crack me up, Howie."
I smiled and stretched my arms above my head, causing my sleeves to fall down and exposing my arms. Scratches and claw marks lined up and down my arm, from the fox last night, causing me to quickly bring my arms down and fix my sleeves.
"Who wants to meet up in the Library during lunch so we can discuss the next mission we have?" Howie asked in a low voice, while leaning in so only we could hear.
"I will, as long as we don't deal with more dragons. I don't fancy becoming barbecue anytime soon," Mordecai said taking a bite out of the waffle in front of him. We all laughed at that and then we stood up and went our different ways. I was walking slow, taking my time, going to Transfiguration, when I heard multiple footsteps coming up the stairs towards.
"Fancy seeing you here, Terra," James grinned, a sleepy grin mind you, and greeted me.
"Hello, what do you four want?" I said bluntly, while stopping and turning around to face the four boys.
"Come on, don't be so cold towards us. We just want to become friends with you," Sirius said, stepping up to the step I was on and threw an arm over my shoulder. I froze and looked him straight in the eye.
"What do you want?" I repeated myself, pulling Sirius' arm off of my shoulder. "I know it's not to just 'be friends'."
"I'm offended," James gasped dramatically. "We just want to be friends with you, because you seem nice and funny. Is that so bad?"
"No, but-"
"We didn't think so. Come on, new friends are always fun," Peter said interrupting me. I narrowed my eyes at the four boys who were smiling at me.
"Sure," I turned around and walked up the rest of the stairs and to Transfiguration where, unfortunately, James, Remus, and Peter had it. I sat down in the desk that was empty.
The classroom was big and surrounded by high windows, it had four rows of three desks, and still had enough room for several cages and bookshelves, two chalkboards, and a desk for the teacher. Several candlesticks stood lit behind the desk.
James, Remus, and Peter sat in the desks one row over and one desk in front of me. A cat was sitting on Professor Mcgonagalls' desk when we entered and a few minutes before the bell rang, the cat jump off the desk and in mid-air shifted into Professor Mcgonagall. She stood in the front of her desk, before she began to start her class.
"Today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L.," Professor Mcgonagall said, while going behind her desk and opening it. She pulled out a fairly large box and waved her wand, making the box start passing out the contents.
A snail landed on my desk, and immediately tried to get away. I picked the snail up by the shell and held it in place while listening to her directions.
"You are going to first practice on snails first and when you succeed we will move onto using mice. The spell you will use is 'Evanesco'," She said pulling her wand out. She pointed her wand at a snail on her desk then said the spell.
"Evanesco," the snail just vanished. There was nothing left of it to determine where it had went. She looked back at the class and then spoke. "I don't expect any of you to get it right on the first try. If none of you get it, we will come back and try it again tomorrow. You may begin."
After my hour of failure and watching James, Peter and Remus getting in trouble for passing notes. I gathered my things and waited for Professor Mcgonagall to leave the room, before I ran over to her desk and grabbed the waded up piece of paper that was the notes from them. I shoved the ball of paper into my pocket and exited the classroom.
My next class was Study of Ancient Runes, which was on the sixth floor while I was on the first floor. I sighed and began to walk up the stairs and waiting for some of the staircases to change back around. I was waiting for one of the staircases to come back when someone stood beside me.
"What class do you have next?" He asked, still looking forwards.
"And why would I tell you?" I responded to him, rolling my eyes.
"Because that's what friends do," he laughed and stepped onto the staircase with me.
"Well if you must know, I have Study of Ancient Runes next, Lupin," I said turning towards him.
"So we're on last name basis, then? Okay, Lancaster," Lupin said shifting his books to his other hand.
"Ah, so you found out, I see," I said leaning on the railing.
"Yes and it was actually Padf- Sirius that found out," Lupin stuttered and stopped himself from calling Sirius something else.
"What was that?" I said furrowing my eyebrows and pursing my lips. "What was that you were going to call Sirius?"
"What do you mean? I was going to call Sirius by his name," his lip twitched, which was a sign of him lying, I could tell. I brushed it off and shrugged.
"Oh, right. Sorry," I murmured and turned forwards and walked onto a different staircase. I walked up the staircase and was on the fourth floor when I spoke again.
"If you continue to follow me, I might just think you're stalking me, Lupin," I raised an eyebrow and grinned when I heard him sputter and then curse under his breath. I giggled at this and continue to walk up the stairs and through some hallways. "What class do you have?"
"Uh, S-study of A-ancient R-r-runes," he stuttered and I looked back to see his face was as red and Lily's hair.
"Awe, why the cute stutter?" I teased him, stopping him dead in his tracks, while I entered the classroom. I sat in my spot beside Lily Evans, the girl James kept trying to flirt with.
"Hey, Lily," I greeted her as usual.
"Hey, Terra! How are you?" She asked kindly. I smiled at her then told her the situation that the Marauders had cornered me with.
"Damn that overly confident toe-rag. If you don't want be friends with them don't, if he's forcing you to be friends with them again, come get me and I'll put that obnoxious git in his place," she balled up a hand and cracked her knuckles.
"Oh, you can count on it," I laughed and she joined in to. Professor Babbling entered the classroom and began the class. I charmed my quill to write everything she said, while I pulled out the notes that Potter, Pettigrew and Lupin had been writing.