Chapter Five

"How was Hogwarts?" Dad asked me while were were in the car going home. Dad was driving, Easten was sitting in the passenger seat and I was sitting in the back.
"It was amazing, I've made so many new friends, like Andrea, she and I are dorm-mates and she is so spastic and nice. Then there's Howie, I meet him when he accidentally pushed me off the breakfast bench. There's Mordecai, and James, and Sirius, and Remus, and Peter, we're all friends, and they're really odd but friendly. There was Lisa and Carrie, but Lisa called me a scrubber, so I shot her and Carrie with the vomiting slug spell," I rambled on about Hogwarts while Dad and Easten laughed about my rambling.
"I'm guessing you love it there, then," Dad said while we pulled into the driveway. We sat in the car for a few minutes in complete silence. "Have you talked to Riley recently?" My face fell and went stony. I ignored his question and got out of the car, got my things and walked into the house.
The house was cozy and nice. There were four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a spacious backyard and an attic, which I had asked Dad to convert to a bedroom for when I used to visit during the summer, -so five bedrooms- before I moved from Mum's in America and moved in permanently.
I climbed the stairs to the attic and opened the door. All my stuff was there, my clothes and my furniture. I looked at the slanted tan walls and my black and white bed cover. All my throw pillows were as I had left them, all my stuffed animals were all covering my bed and my man piles of books were scattered about my room.
I took a step and felt something under my foot, I paused, lifted my foot and picked up the mini pile of letters. I flicked through them and say none of them had a name to who it was from. I opened the one at the bottom of the pile and began to read it.
Dear Terri,
Hey! How are you? I heard you got into that school you had always wanted to go. I just wanted to letter you and say I'm still so sorry for what I did. I know it's been three years since it happened and I'm so sorry. So how's it is down there in good 'ol England? I heard it's always foggy and rainy, but that could be a stereotype.
Anyways, it's going great round here. Mom's pulled me out of Ilvermorny and is trying to send me to Durmstrang Institute. I went and visited the place a few weeks back and really liked it, seems like a nicer place, hopefully they accept us... The weather around here in New York is iffy, I guess you could say.
Mom and Dad have been getting used to me being me as has Carter, he says it's so cool. I told him not really but he refused to believe me and keeps insisting it's awesome. I'm only in my fifth year, too and I heard from your mom that you've entered your fifth year at your new school as well. How is it there? Have you made any new friends? Do you have a boyfriend, by now ( ;D )?
Well, I know I'm cutting this letter short, but Mom's calling me for dinner. I'll write you later.

Sincerely,
Riley (who without a doubt misses you)

I crumbled the letter up and then opened the others to see they were all from him. I opened my rubbish bin beside my oaken desk and tossed every letter into the rubbish. I closed the lid and turned around to see Easten looking sadly at me.
"He's really down, that your ignoring him, you know?" Easten walked past me and sat on my bed, he patted the space beside him. I stood where I was looked at him with tears brimming my eyes. "I know you're angry, I know you don't want to forgive him, but it wasn't his fault, T."
"I know, but I can never be semi-normal again, because of what I've become. I can't have friends without the constant worry of accidentally having them find out about me and hurting them. I know he couldn't do anything to stop himself, because once you transform you lose all control of yourself.
"I'm so scared that I might hurt you and Dad one day. At Hogwarts there's another werewolf and he has friends that help him. I don't know who he is or who they are but he trusts them so much that they'll help through the night. I'm so scared, Easty, I'm so terrified that one day I won't be able to change back" I started crying, the tears streaming down my cheeks and falling onto the floor below.
"It's okay, Luppy," Easty stood up and rushed over to me, pulling me into a tight hug. He let me go and thumped my nose so I sneezed and then started screaming at him. He only laughed and then avoided all my attempts to punch him.
"We're going out for dinner, so at least try to look semi-nice!" Easy said making majestic hand motions. I laughed and pushed him out of my room. I quickly changed into a nice dress, to actually attempt to look even the least bit nice.
The dress was knee-length and black with white lacy designs at the bottom, the top had a built in bra. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my concealer. I quickly and expertly dabbed it over my moon tattoo, covering it.
I walked over to my closet and found my favorite black flats, before slipping them on and looking at the mirror hanging on my closet door. I check my outfit before remembering my earrings. I walked over to my jewelry box and putting random earring in all my earring holes. I tapped the silver dragon earring with my forefinger and then tapped my other ear that didn't have earrings in it.
The silver dragon shook it's body before extending its' wings and flying to my ear. It wrapped around my ear then placed its' fangs in the hole where it held on. I tapped it again when it was comfortable and then it froze in that position. I smiled at my reflection then walked over to my bedroom door and exited.
Dad was standing, by the door, in a nice pair of blue trousers and a polo shirt, swinging the keys to the car around his finger. Dad started laughing when he saw it was me coming down the stairs.
"What's so funny?" I asked looking confused as ever. Dad was holding his stomach and holding a finger up trying to say wait. I waited for him to stop laughing so he could answer me.
"You finished before your brother and I told him the day before that we were going to go out and eat. You finished dressing before him and he's almost twenty-one years old!" Dad laughed, while I grinned and watched as Easten hurried out of his room in a hurry.
"Where are we eating at?" He asked as we walked out of the house, Dad stopped and locked the house with the keys in his hands.
"I was thinking the Leaky Cauldron, we haven't been there all as a family to eat in a while," Dad said as he unlocked the car and we all filled the small car of his. We pulled out of the driveway and we drove to the Leaky Cauldron and parked. The Leaky Cauldron was nested between a Muggle bookshop and a record store. Inside the pub, it was dark and shabby, with a bar and a number of tables in the shadows of the corners. In stark contrast to the grubby downstairs of the pub, it held a friendly and cozy feeling to me.
I pointed to a table in the corner away from other wizards and we all sat down. A waitress with a apron came around with a tired, wide smile.
"What can I get you all today?" She had a voice that was very gently and elegant. She had to be in her younger twenties. Her red hair was put up in a tight pony tail to keep it out of her face and her blue eyes had a lively shine to them.
"Can I get an Exploding Lemonade and I know what I want if they are ready," I answered with a smile. She wrote that down in the notebook she was carrying and then looked at Dad and Easten.
"Can I get a Butterbeer? I have to look at the menu a little bit longer," Easten said to the woman, she smiled and nodded while Dad told her what he wanted.
"I'll have some tea. I'm ready to order, I'll have the Soup, Soup Soup and what with you be having, Terra?" Dad said turning the spotlight over to me.
I gulped and then answered. "I'll have the Pea Soup, please," she wrote my order down then, turned back to Easten, who ordered the same as Dad, and walked off. I yawned and tapped my dragon earring. He ruffled his wings and crawled onto my finger, wrapping around it loosely. I lifted my other hand and rubbed the silver dragons side and head, making the dragon purred. I smiled then looked up at what was now my family.
"Easten told me you ripped up all of Riley's letters. Honey, you have to talk to him eventually," Dad said making his voice turn into his fatherly voice. I sighed and shook my head.
"I don't want to talk about this right now. I just want to have a nice diner with my family, well, what's left of it." I bitterly said while, placing the silver dragon back onto my ear, where he reattached himself to my ear. We sat in silence for a while when I heard someone walking up to the table. It was the nice waitress carrying our meals.
While we were eating, I looked around the pub, trying to avoid Dad's and Easten's gazes. I let my eyes settle on the familiar figures waving like idiots and throwing their arms about, while smiling like maniacs. I choked on my soup and started coughing. Easten patted my back and looked concerned.
"Don't choke, you're not allowed to do that just yet," Easten said before laughing at his own joke. Dad stopped eating and I heard a thump then heard Easten groaning in pain.
"I'm gonna- I'll be right back," I excused myself from the table and walked towards Jame and Sirius, who were sitting with James' parents. They smiled and then stood up from their seats.
"Oh my Godric! It's my baby, Terra! We haven't seen you in forever! Come give Mummy James and your sister, Siriusette, a hug!" James said puffing out his chest and spreading his arms out for a hug. Both boys waddled over to me with their arms wide waiting for a hug. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"I wouldn't say it's been forever. We literally saw each other about two hours ago," I said getting smothered in hugs from James and Sirius. I pulled away from the two, who faked looking hurt.
"Do you not love us? Well, we see how it is!" Sirius gasped and cover his heart. Both him and James scoffed then looked at the ceiling, waiting for an apology.
"Are you two going to be that pouty? Alright, then I guess I'll leave then," I said turning around and going to walk away, when James and Sirius stopped me.
"No! Wait! You can't, you've got to meet Grandma and Grandpa Potter!" James panicked, making me laugh and turn around to face him and Sirius. I rolled my eyes and they walked me over to James' parents, Mr. and Mrs. Potter. When we gathered around the table, James had his chin resting on the top my head, while Sirius was clinging to my arm
"Mum, Dad, this is my baby child, Terra and she is Siriusettes' little sister," James said in a serious tone, towards his parents who were smiling. James walked to my side and threw his arm around my shoulder.
"Let the poor girl go, James. And you too, Sirius," Mrs. Potter smiled and then she and Mr. Potter stood up. "I'm Euphemia Potter, I am the mother of this little rascal and practically the mother of Sirius. You can just call me Mom," James' mother, Euphemia, laughed and pointed to James and Sirius who were imitating angels. I grinned and stuck out my hand, she shook her head and pulled me into a hug. "It's nice to meet you, Terra," then she released me and looked at her husband.
"I'm Fleamont Potter. You can call me Dad, and it's nice seeing that my son doesn't always hang around only those other two, kids," he laughed and James groaned.
"Dad!" I laughed and watched Mr. Potter ruffled both of the boys hair up.
"It was nice to meet the both of you, but I must be getting back to my family," I smiled at both of James' parents and then turned around and began to walk back to my table. Two different arms wrapped around both of my arms and I looked over to see James and Sirius on either side of me.
Dad was looking at me with a smile, while I was walking back over to the table with a playful frown. I looked at Easten who looked highly amused then continued to eat, while watching.
"Hello, kids," Dad said looking at me trapped between Sirius and James. "And who are these young men?"
"Hello, sir. I am James Potter," James unlatched himself from me and shook my fathers hand. Sirius looked at my dad and smiled.
"And I'm Sirius Black," Sirius looked nervously at my father then shook his hand. Sirius relaxed when my father smiled at him and then looked at me amusingly so.
"Well, I am Brian Lancaster. It is nice to meet you two," Dad said catching James and Sirius off-guard.
"James, Sirius, this is my brother, Easten," I greeted them to each other, almost immediately James, Sirius and Easten began conversing like old chums before James turned back towards my father.
"Sir, I was wonder if you would allow Terra to come to a party at my house the day after Christmas? My parents will be supervising the entire party," James asked, looking almost fearful. Dad narrowed his eyes onto James and watched him intensely before Dad's eyes softened.
"I suppose she could go," He said to James, then he turned towards me. "If you get drunk, don't let me find out." I smiled and nodded at him, before turning and looking at James and Sirius.
"I need your help, Sirius," I said, surprising them. James looked offended and Sirius shrugged. "What do you two like and what does Remus and Peter like?"
"What?" Sirius asked, looking confused.
"She means what we want for Christmas, Sirius," James looked at Sirius.
"Oh, right."
"Well? What do you and them like?" I repeated to them.
"I don't really care what you get me," Sirius said, shrugging. I nodded and then looked at James.
"Why didn't you ask me? What am I your next door neighbor? I'm your mum!"
"Oh, no. I already have your Christmas present picked out," I said wickedly.
"But you don't even know what I like!" James protested and stomped his foot, like a five year old having a tantrum.
"I don't need to know what you like, because I already know who you like," I said and then looked down at my fingers as I counted how many things I'd have to buy within a one day limit. "Anyways, what does Remus and Peter like?"
"Remus likes chocolate and books, and Peter likes tea and fun things, like exploding snaps, you know the fun things," Sirius answered since James was still having a hissy fit. I thanked them both then walked back over to where Dad and Easten were still sitting. I began to eat the rest of my Pea Soup before we left the Leaky Cauldron.
"I'm going to go buy a few things, if that's okay with you, Dad," I said to Dad, he hesitated.
"Sure, but you have to take Easten with you," I nodded and then grabbed Easten's hand and dragged him behind me. We walked down the street towards the really good chocolate store that sold things cheap. Easten and I entered the store and I began to look around for the giant boxes of chocolate. I found the black tea I was looking for and then began to search for the chocolate harder. I walked up and down the aisle over and over trying to find the giant box.
Easten walked down the aisle towards me holding the type of chocolates I was looking for and we went to the check out. Easten payed for the chocolate and tea. He handed me bags, before we walked out of the store and I made a bee-line towards the book store on the corner of the street. We enter the book store and I inhaled the smell of old books and then started my search.
"What are you looking for?" Easten asked me while I was sitting in the floor of the tiny, narrow aisle, skimming my fingers over the spines of the books.
"I'm looking for a book," I muttered, concentrated on trying to find the book. I jumped up from my spot on the floor and then gestured for Eaten to hurry up and follow. I walked to the convenient on the other side of the block and then I told Easten to go pick out a poster.
"Just pick one for yourself and I'll buy it as an early Christmas present for you," I said waiting in front of the counter and talked with the woman working behind the counter. Easten came back hiding what the poster was from me and placed it face down onto the counter. The lady looked at it disgusted, but rang it up and I slapped the money onto the counter.
I snatched the bag up from the counter before Easten could grab it and ran out of the store, laughing. I heard Easten scream a curse word at me and ran after me. I took off my flats quickly and held them close to me body as I ran through the streets of London barefooted and laughing like a lunatic.
I dodged many people walking in the streets and then took a turn onto another street where I ran into someone. I flew backwards and landed on my bum, still holding my shoes and the poster and bag of goods close to me. I opened my eyes to see familiar caramel brown eyes looking at me.
"Why hello," he said helping me up. I smiled and then froze when I heard the sound of pounding footfalls.
"Hey, Lupin, nice seeing you! But I gotta go, I'm on a mission!" I yelled running past him, and towards my house. The house was a few yard in front of me and I managed to reach the door and get in the house. I laughed and ran up to my room, locking the door behind me and walking to my closet, where I hid the presents.
After Easten came and pounded on my door yelling for me to give the poster back, I laughed and answered him with a no. I picked through my books and found the book I was going to give to Remus.
The book was old, but still worth read. The cover of the book was a picture with tall, blue mountains rising in the background. A orange sun was sitting on one of the mountain tips, with a blanket of white clouds behind the orange sun. Birds flew in the clouds and tree's were growing underneath the mountains.
In elegant white letters the words, 'The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien,' was scrawled across the cover. I smiled and looked at the inside cover. I sighed as I remembered all the memories I had with this book. I began to wrap the box and chocolate, then I worked on the others.
With James' present all I had to do was get James to retrain himself from asking her out ever two seconds. I wrote a letter to him detailing him what he had to do to get his present. I had gotten Lily to come to the party and she agreed if only James would abide by her rules.
I stood up and walked to my bed, before flopping onto it and falling asleep. There were no dreams and there were no nightmares it was just sweet darkness.
The next morning when I woke up I sent the letter to James about Lily coming. I sent out the rest of the presents to my friends and then went downstairs with a smile plastered to my face. Dad was half away and Easten was sitting beside the Christmas tree looking really eager to open up his presents.
"Go on," and then we dove under the tree and found all the presents that were ours. I looked at the givers names on the present and tore them open. I had two from Dad, one from Easten and then seven from my friends. James got me a pair of socks and a Howler. I watched the Howler explode and then start talking.
"OH MY GODRIC! YOU'RE THE BESTEST FRIEND EVER! YOU GOT MY ONE TRUE LOVE, LILY-PAD, TO COME! HOW?! NEVER MIND, DON'T ANSWER THAT!" James screamed and celebrated, I heard stomping and then a door being thrown open. "GUESS WHAT PADFOOT- OH MY GOD! AHHHHHHH! WHAT-WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! AHHHHHH! WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT IN OUR HOUSE!?" James screamed and another scream sounded, this one was manly, but sounded girlish.
"GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT, PRONGS!" I heard Sirius yell. Oh, no. Then the Howler ripped itself up and floated onto the ground.
"Uh-"
"Don't say a thing, Easty," I said cutting him off. I blushed embarrassed and looked at the last present under the tree. I looked at the givers name and then just pushed it back under the tree. Two weeks passed and then we were sent back to Hogwarts.