Chapter 4: New Student

Reader's POV

After meeting my tutor Marinette, and other likely friend Alya; Adrien gave me a rude awakening.

"Wake up Mr. Lazy Bones!" He said throwing one of my pillows at me

"5 more minutes." I mumbled

"Nope! Not today!"

He dragged me out of bed and shoved me into the bathroom.

"Get yourself ready while breakfast is made, you're not being late on the first day."

He closed the door, the bathroom was huge like everything else in the mansion.  A fancy shower, a good few skylights, even an extremely fancy sink.  Looks like he stacked a couple towels on the sink.

"Alright, time to start the day."

Stripping from my pajamas, my tired, slightly sleep-deprived and aching body walked its way to the shower.

I pulled open the door as the sun from the skylight brightened up the room.  Closing the door and adjusting the water, I went through my routine.  The warm water cleansed me from the bad vibes I had through the night, and washed away what was left this morning.  I'm nervous about the first day, but I bet Adrien, Marinette, and Alya were the same. I mean, who isn't?

The bathroom door opened.

"Hey dude, here's one of your bags with whatever's left of your clothes in it." He said dropping it by the sink and closing the door again

Shutting the water off and drying myself, looking in the fogged up mirror seeing a bit of my reflection gave me an odd thought.

'Will I even understand the assignments I'm given?  My French is still terrible!  Are they written in French, or English?'

I guess that'll be answered when I get there.

From the duffle bag, I grabbed a black, blue and gray stripped shirt with a pair of slightly worn jeans.  Fixing my hair and brushing my teeth completed my morning ritual.

My duffle bag I tossed on the bed, slipping on my gray high tops, double knotting them.

My shoes rhythmically tapped the stairs as I walked down, the taps echoing through the empty mansion.  Adrien waved me over to the dining room, I walked past my Aunt's piano.

'If Adrien's Dad is so heartless and cold, why did he buy my Aunt's piano?  He probably didn't know it was even hers.' I thought

Adrien sat at the head of the large dining room table.  I saw a nicely dressed woman with black hair in a bun and a hint of red on the side, glasses; and blue eyes.  She handed him a tablet as he ate his French toast.

"Here's your schedule for today." She said giving him a tablet

"Thank you Nathalie." He replied

Nathalie left as soon as she handed him the tablet.

"Your mother?" I asked

"Nope, no way. She's my assistant."

"Hm." I said pulling up the chair to his right

"Here, fresh from the chef." He said sliding another plate of French toast

"How'd you know?" I asked

"I looked through your journal while you were in the shower." He said punching my shoulder

"You're a pain in the neck, you know that?"

"Good." He smirked

I took a long gulp from the tall water glass.

"Don't look in my journal again." I said a bit sternly