Chapter 14: Date Night

Alix's POV

Me: See you tonight! <3

I think-know, I know this "date" night will bring us closer.

We honestly haven't talked much apart from the occasional text.  But that's what tonight's all about: Having fun.

I video called Marinette for some quick advice.

"Hey Alix!"

"Hey Marinette, any last minute advice before I pick up (Reader)?"

"Advice for what?"

"We're having a game night, didn't he tell you?" I asked her, thinking he would've told her

"Oh, no he didn't.  Sweet.  What advice do you want exactly?"

"Hurry up girl!" I heard Alya yell through the phone

"Shush! Gimmie a second! Sorry Alix, what is it you need?"

"Well, you seem to know (Reader) better than I do, how do I talk to him without pulling a Marinette?" I smirked

"Wooooow." She rolls her eyes

"Aside from the inevitable gaming banter, just find something you two have in common, or see if any of your interests catch his attention.  Just have fun, don't stress."

"Thanks Marinette, I'll try not to."

"Welcome, I had no idea you had a crush on him."

"I don't know if I'd call it that exactly."

"Have fun!  Tell him I said 'hi'!"

"Will do." I said

After Marinette hung up on her end, I threw my backpack on my shoulders while playing with my keys.

The clink of my shoes echoed in the open air as I climbed into my car, the buzzing of my phone made me check the screen.

1 New Message - (Reader)

(Reader): You got the address, right?

Me: No, of course not. I'll just drive around aimlessly ;) I've been to Adrien's before, I'll be there in 30.

(Reader): Sounds good, got my bag ready.

Me: <3

Marinette's POV

To say I'm in a rush to get even rough sketches done is an understatement.  We practically broke down Adrien's door getting to Mr. Agreste's exclusive studio.

We were all clamoring to get organized. Fabric after fabric, mannequin upon mannequin having 1 idea, then the next.  Amongst the chaos, I strangely felt at peace with myself.  Seeing everyone work together for our cause, to keep the arts alive.

This is my dream.

Becoming a world-renowned fashion designer.

It's all unfolding right before me, I'm sketch-book-deep in it.

And I honestly can't get enough.

Nathaniel and I whipped up some sketches between the girls and guys styles, and ended up blending each others design a good amount surprisingly.

Of course, we used Nathaniel and Adrien as guinea pigs to get a framework for measurements.  That thick blonde hair, eyes green as the forest, and that smile.

So you see, that's where the trouble began.

I might as well've been giving him dreamy eyes the whole time I measured him, keeping my cool otherwise, not a single stutter left my lips.