Chapter 11: Waiting For Your Call

Marinette's POV

Through the night, the only thing that tugged at me was the kiss Adrien and I shared.  I didn't feel bad, I loved it.  It just seemed, oddly timed if anything.  We almost kissed on date night, but we were to nervous.  We admitted it to each other, which made me feel....a bit better since we were on the same page.  I guess?

As quick as that memory came, it faded off, bringing me back to (Reader) and his injuries.  I should've been taken instead!  I should've found him sooner!  I should've told him where we stand!  Even if he recovers, I feel like I'll never have the chance.  Alix seems to have taken a liking to him, even I happened to notice Alya flirting with him.  My mind shouldn't be this conflicted, I'm with Adrien, he's just a.....foreigner.  I hated using Chloe's words to describe him like that, but it's true.

My eyes opened as I stayed in the same position the whole night.  On my back, facing up at the ceiling, worried sick about everything.

Alya ended up hitting the hay shortly after me.

I stretched and slowly walked down to my desk, seeing her looking over to me.

"Morning Marinette." She said rising from the other bed

"Morning, how'd you sleep?"

"Better question, did you?  Seemed like you'd never get a wink."

"I did.....after my prayer." I admitted

"That was beautiful by the way." She smiled

"W-wait...y-you heard that?"

"Every word girl.  Every.  Word."

I rested my hand on the back of my neck.

"Girl, don't be ashamed.  I prayed for him too."

"Than-"

"He'll be the one thanking you when he recovers, I'm sure."

"That makes me feel better.  He really did clean up nice, seemed like he loved his new outfits."

"Did he ever!"

Alya showed me the pic of him from yesterday.

"Alya, think you can send this to me?  I....I want to get it framed."

"You got it Mari."

Alya - New Picture Message

"Thanks."

Still in our pajamas, we walked down for breakfast.  To our surprise Adrien and Alix were here, already eating.

"Morning guys." Alix said half-cheerily

"Morning Marinette, Alya." Adrien said

I fixed my hair a bit.

"Sorry you have to see me like this, a complete mess."

"Oh, it's fine sweetie, after all, it's just us." Mom said

"Well yeah Mom, but-"

"Alright, enough sweet cheeks.  Eat up." Dad said kissing my cheek

Breakfast was interrupted by the news.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you're tuned into TVi News, I'm your host Nadja Chamack.  What you're looking at now is footage of heroine of Paris, Ladybug carrying a hostage taken by notorious villain Lady Wifi out of the Notre-Dame Cathedral yesterday.  Other known villains involved in the attack were Dark Cupid, Evilustrator, and Timebreaker.  (Reader,) a new foreign exchanged student at Collège Françoise Dupont has been admitted to the hospital, and as of this morning is listed in stable condition.  Cousin of (Reader,) supermodel Adrien Agreste, has offered this statement.  'I still can't believe this happened to him, the animals that did this will be brought to justice, one way or another.  My blood dies, there's no holding back.'  Adrien soon retracted that statement, but he still stands by it.  No word yet on when he will make a full recovery, if any.  He suffered multiple slashes, badly cracked bones, we're now being told, and he may have been drugged with an unknown substance.  Paris has seen the worst Akuma attack in history yesterday, our prayers goes out to all effected, including (Reader.)  With TVi News, I'm your host Nadja Chamack."