I'm Sorry-Arcticslayer Oneshot

Theme Song: "Please Don't Leave Me" by P!nk and "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. Although I think various other songs will fit for Arcticslayer, too. 

FOESLAYER

It started out as a happy thing, a hopeful thing.

He was Pyrrhia's three moons shining down upon the dark landscape of her life.

And she was the starry sky glittering off the snow of his.

Quickly, though, it became more than that.

It became a secret.

And on those days, when the secret part of their relationship overshadowed the bright part, the moons and stars were covered by a dark, looming cloud. And it became nearly impossible to see the light.

And when the clouds came, Arctic gave up. He wouldn't try to see the light. He would sit down with her and she would twine his tail with his, and he would mutter, "What are we going to do now?"

And Foeslayer would say firmly, "We're going to find a way to make this work."

But then the secret became too big to hide. The moons and stars were too bright to cover completely with the clouds.

They had to run for it.

And so they did.

Foeslayer felt awful. Arctic had used his animus magic for her. So they could be together. Despite all the horrible stories of losing your soul to animus magic.

"I'm sorry," Foeslayer whispered to him after they escaped.

"Well, I'm not," Arctic responded. And then suddenly he would see the light behind the clouds instead of her.

But then he used it again and again. To keep them safe. To keep her safe. To keep them together. They escaped to the Night kingdom.

And then the war started.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," Foeslayer murmured, pressing her talons to her forehead. "We weren't-this-it wasn't supposed to start a war."

Arctic wrapped his wings around her. "But we're still together."

Foeslayer leaned into him with a sigh. Why can't dragons just accept that we love each other? she thought bitterly. I wish Arctic wasn't a prince. Then no one would care.

"I'm sorry I made you use your magic," Foeslayer whispered.

Arctic brushed his talons against her forehead. "I think it was worth it. I gave you my soul, remember?"

When their dragonets hatched, they argued more. Foeslayer and Arctic, that is. And each time she worried in her head, Is this because of the animus magic? He wasn't like this before. I wish he wasn't an animus.

And when they had their final argument, Foeslayer felt awful. She wanted to turn back and apologize, but she had to fly to the Sand Kingdom, and she had to do it now.

And she didn't want to. But something forced her to.

Or rather, someone.

As in, Queen Diamond.

"You should have never come to the Ice kingdom," she told Foeslayer in a chilling voice. Which made sense, since she was an IceWing. "You should have left my son alone. You are the reason that we have this war. But now, we're going to end it and make things right. And you-will-pay." Queen Diamond punctuated the last three words.

And as Queen Diamond led her into the Ice kingdom, Foeslayer thought desperately to Arctic: I'm sorry.