Scarred-Another Flamarin Oneshot

No.

Flame fled through the halls with that word in his mind.

No.

He ran. Where was the infirmary? There. He took a sharp turn left and continued, flying as fast as he could.

No.

He needed to find her.

This couldn't be happening.

Not her. No.

Flame banged into someone, and without stopping to exchange an angry word or two, or even wonder why they were awake at this time of night, kept going.

Not Tamarin. Oh, moons, please please please let her be okay.

It was the first time he had even thought the word please in his life.

Then again, it was the first time Flame had been so desperate for someone to be okay.

Not Tamarin. No no no no no.

Bigtail and Carnelian he didn't care about. Good riddance to Carnelian anyway. But Tamarin.....

I have to find her. Now. Now. Now.

THE INFIRMARY. WHERE WAS IT?! WAS IT ALWAYS SO FRUSTRATINGLY ELUSIVE?!!!!!!!!!!

There!

Flame flew into the infirmary and at once saw a RainWing. She looked asleep, with terrible burns on her, her scales all white.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even asleep, she was the most beautiful dragon he had ever seen. Ever would see. Even with those burns. But she looked so small. So vulnerable.

Hardly displaying her strong, quiet spirit. The spirit that didn't make her completely helpless and weak.

I remember you, Flame thought to Tamarin. He coasted down and landed quietly next to Tamarin. He brushed her lightly with one of her talons. I remember you.

The first time he had met her was in the rainforest. With that annoying dragon that did nothing but yammer on and on and on.

But really, Flame had just focused on Tamarin.

Her face was relaxed. The burns were all on her body. She'll be scarred, Flame thought. If she even survives.

She has to. She has to survive.

And she'll be scarred for life.

"It's okay," Flame whispered to the sleeping body of Tamarin. "I'm scarred, too."