kik!27

a/n: there's not reason for an author note besides me complaining that i'm annoyed with everything except jesse and april and my one friend that loves soup. and all of you. i got too lazily to heavily edit but i think this is fine. xo
×××

gee: on what floor?

frank: the bell just rang

gee: and i don't give a fuck

frank: 2nd floor hiding in the closet filled with gym supplies

i read his message, rushing up the stairs carefully and slowly as to not be questioned and so i wouldn't get caught -period.

suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket again.

i flipped it in my hand, seeing another text icon pop up from Frank.

frank: hurry,, it smells like sweat

i shook my head hurrying to the way across the gym, ducking so nobody would see me. i cracked the door open, the musty smell making my nose wrinkle in disgust.

"Frank?" i voiced, flipping on the lights.

"aye, boy," he said from the corner of the room. "it's your depressed friend."

"shut up," i mumbled, giving him a stern look.

"turn the lights off," he said, eagerly looking behind me.

"why?"

"because they could come in here and guess what, bitch? i don't want to get caught."

i groaned, flipping the switch and using my phone light to waddle my way through the many gym supplies, crouching down to the floor next to Frank -right behind a shelf.

"you left me on read," he mumbled, the phone light illuminating his face. i nodded and quirked an eyebrow, fanning my legs out. we were sat at a certain spot where if someone were to walk in they could probably see us (that is, if they're not totally fucking stupid). all we would have to do is crouch behind a shelf. "that's rude as fuck."

"are you hiding here so that your girl toy can come find you as well?" i asked quietly, letting my phone sit between us and lighting up our space a little. "just asking because i'd hate to interrupt your time with each other and all."

"we broke up," he said casually, looking down at his lap.

i made a short hum and glanced over at his hunched and tired form. maybe i shouldn't be as rude. he seems to be taking things really hard.

"i skipped French class for this."

"i thought you hated French?" he asked, bringing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"i actually really enjoy French."

he nodded lazily, looking into the blackness that surrounded us.

"he didn't come, Gerard," he suddenly said into the quietness of our presence. "my dad. he even called and said he'd be over. he said he'd have me come over and i could open a present and all this other stupid shit that normal families do."

i stayed quiet.

he whimpered, wiping at his eyes and bringing his legs to his chest, balling his fist into his shirt and hugging onto himself tightly.

i looked away.

"you're listening, right?" he asked, moving my phone to my other side and shakily pressing against me, resting his head on my side.

"yeah," i assured quietly, letting him sniffle into my neck and sob quietly.

"i-i think-... i think he's dating someone. i don't know, but my mom was saying it wasn't fair because i had to stay with her and that dad doesn't need to leave me like that." he let out a whine and wiped his tears against my shoulder.

his warmth against me let me suddenly know that this boring room wasn't as cold and depressing. that i at least had another presence in the room even though it didn't feel like it.

"but i understand because... of fucking course he doesn't love me. i don't know who she is, but i already hate her. i hate her for making my dad leave me. i hate my dad for leaving me for some fucking slut younger than him. god, i hate everyone in my family."

sobs racked his body, and his face was slick with tears.

he flipped my phone so that there wasn't any light; complete darkness consuming us. i stayed quiet, letting him curl against me, wrapping his arms around me tightly. it might have been a small hug, but for me it felt like suffication.

"are you still listening?" he asked.

i nodded but soon enough realised it was dark and he couldn't see. so after letting a few seconds of silence pass, i replied.

"yes," i quickly said.

"i love you, Gee," he said softly, sniffling and letting his voice crack toward the end of his statement. but now he was shaking as if it were uncontrollable, was he maybe having a panic attack?

"Frank?" i asked, pulling him around and pressing him against my chest quickly in a panicking manner, terrible thoughts and conclusions rushing to my head and consuming all other things. "Frank? answer me."

"mhm," he murmured, not letting me pull him off my chest.

"Frankie, you're shaking," i said warningly into his ear. even though it was dark, i felt like i could tell exactly where every part of him was.

"i-i'm sorry."

"Frank, please," i begged, trying to pull his arms off of me. i never noticed his face but he had leaned in, his soft lips pressing to mine. i whined, still highly concerned and pulling away although the kiss had made my face warm up.

i layed him down, resting his head in my lap. he wasn't shaking as bad but was having small tremors and desperately reaching for me.

i grabbed my phone, letting the light face him directly, but his eyes squinted. i sighed a little that he still looked fine, just a little more sad and his cheeks moist with tears. i brushed his hair off of his forehead and pressing a caring kiss to his temple.

i put my phone back, making sure it was facing up as to illuminate the room a little, once again. i was much more calmed now that Frank was okay and i could see him clearly.

he opened his eyes a little, the dim light showing how glassy and red they were. i stared down at him in concern, rubbing his temples with my thumbs and running my other fingers through his hair in hopefully a manner he found soothing.

"you don't have to forgive me," he said quietly.

i stared at him before averting my gaze and sighing at how oblivious he seemed to what had happened.

"i don't know yet," i replied, leaning my back against the cold wall.

he sat up, wiping at his eyes and running a hand through his hair as he crawled back to my side. he leaned his face toward me and placed a soft, slow and caring kiss to my neck. it made me shiver a little but i turned back and kissed his cheek. it tasted salty with the residue of his concerns and many crying fits.

but we stayed in the chilly room, barely any words spoken between us.

and it was fine.