Chapter 1

“So are you coming with me or not, Millie? “ Jimmy gave me a questioning look.

“Fine, I’m coming,” I sighed as a response.

“Thank you, love!” Jimmy kissed me on my forehead.

“Out you go! I need to change!” I laughed. He went out of my bedroom, smirking like a little naughty schoolboy.

“Don’t take too long, Millie,” he teased. I rolled my eyes. “Oh shut it Jimmy!” I shouted at him, while I slipped out of my jeans and into a red skirt. Actually, I didn’t wear skirts or dresses often; I’d rather wear a worn out pair of blue jeans and a band tee. As it was a special occasion for my brother, I decided to dress nicely.

Jimmy wanted to introduce me to the members of his new band, since The Yardbirds, his old band, had disbanded. I had met John Paul Jones, who was also called Jonesy, before, but I didn’t know the names of the other two members. Jimmy wouldn’t tell me, no matter how nicely I asked him. He was as stubborn as my father was, so I gave up asking after a while.

“Are you ready yet?” He shouted impatiently. It was so seldom that he was like that, so I suppose it meant a lot to him that I was willing to meet his new band. I quickly buttoned my black blouse, and then slipped into my sneakers.

“I’ll be there in a minute!” I shouted, while I ran into my bathroom.

As I saw in the mirror, I looked into the plain face of a girl with red unmanageable locks, green sparkly eyes and full red lips, which were curled into a sarcastic smile. I put on a thin layer of make-up, as I didn’t want to scare Jimmy’s new friends. As brushing my hair took a while, I decided to wear it natural.

Walking into the living-room of my flat, I heard Jimmy saying: “Wow! You’re looking gorgeous, little sister!”

I smiled.

“Don’t be silly, James! Look at yourself! You’re dazzling! If only mum could see you like that! Well, she would love you anyway, just as I do!”

Jimmy hugged me. “I love you too, Amelia!”

On the way to the restaurant where we were going to meet the others, I couldn’t take my eyes off Jimmy’s colourful shirt.

“You’re going to trip, if you don’t watch where you’re going Amelia Page” he chuckled.

“Stop wearing those distracting shirts!” I punched him playfully. He laughed and laid his arm on my shoulders.

As we approached the restaurant, a guy with shoulder-length brown hair and a beard, who was holding a glass of beer in his hand, came over to us.

”So this is your little sister Pagey!”

Jimmy grinned.

“Hello Bonzo! I bet you could tell, because we look so alike,” Jimmy chuckled. Bonzo hold his hand out for me to shake. “Hello Amelia. I’m John, but you can call me Bonzo like everyone else does.” He smiled at Jimmy. I shook his hand, smiling at him. His handshake was strong, yet soft.

“Nice to meet you Bonzo! Let me guess, you’re the drummer!” I said grinning. He let go of my hand and grinned back at me.

“Your sister is a clever girl Pagey!”

“I know, but I must warn you, she can be a cheeky little miss.”

I rolled my eyes at him and Jimmy squeezed my shoulders.

“So are the others already here?” I asked to change the topic.

“They’re already at the table. I just had to go and get some fresh air, because it’s stuffy inside.”