Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning the doorbell waked me. Still drowsily, I looked on my alarm clock. It was 12 o’clock! Muttering curses, I stumbled out of my bed and dragged my feet to the intercom of my flat. “Who is there?” I asked yawning. “Hi Millie! It’s me, Robert.” Oh, shit. It was impossible to let him into my flat, as even the word chaos couldn’t properly describe it was in. Luckily, he hadn’t been able to see it last night, as he had only seen my bedroom, which was the tidiest of all of them. “Won’t you let me in, Millie?” I could almost see that cheeky smirk on his face. “Yes, of course.”

While he went up the stairs, I tried to fix my appearance. I must have looked terrible in my pajamas and my tousled hair. Tugging on my sweater, I didn’t notice he had made his way up the stairs, until he said: “Good morning, love.” “Well, actually it’s noon. But I wish you a good morning, too.” I mumbled, while he kissed me on the cheek. He wore tight black pants and a red and grey striped button down; his hear looked just as fluffy as the other day and he wore red sneakers.

 “Come in!” We went inside and Robert smiled warmly at me. He looked concerned. “I brought us some bagels for a late breakfast.” “You shouldn’t have!” “So are you hungry or not?” He asked, glancing down at me. “Actually I’m starving. But I need to take a shower if you don’t mind.” “That’s fine with me. Where’s the kitchen?” He moved his head around searching for the right door, so that his beautiful blonde locks bounced. “It’s the second door on the right.” I said, turning in the direction of the bathroom.

Once I felt the hot water on my skin, I started to relax a bit. He kept his promise. He actually came to visit me. However, I couldn’t understand why he did. Was the concern I had seen in his eyes just an illusion and he was playing games with me to get me to have sex with him, or was he really concerned about me and actually cared about my feelings and me? I couldn’t understand why he was interested in me at all. The talent of the family was definitely Jimmy; I was neither ugly nor pretty. Besides, I had the same figure as my mom, which was given to get love handles, and my thighs weren’t as small as I wanted them to be. I offended most people with the use of sarcasm and irony, too.

As I stepped out of the shower, I eliminated these thoughts; then I went into my bedroom and got dressed.  I put on my favourite Beatles tee and my beloved washed-out blue bellbottoms. Whilst walking in the kitchen I braided my still wet hair. Robert turned to me and looked me up and down. “You’re gorgeous.” I blushed in a decent shade of red. “Why thank you.” He grinned and handed me a cup of tea. To my surprise, he hadn’t just set the table, he had also cleaned my chaotic kitchen up. We sat down at the table and I began to slice my bagel into pieces. “Thank you for cleaning up the mess. You shouldn’t have bothered.” I told him, while he did likewise. “Actually I thought I’d do it for you, as you seem to be quite busy. What is your profession?” He looked honestly interested. “Well, I’m a photographer. For the last few weeks I worked for Vogue magazine, both behind and in front of the camera.” “You’re a model for Vogue magazine? That’s amazing! Who did you meet? How did you like it? When will the pictures be published?” I giggled at his reaction. “Let’s take one at a time.” He smiled at me, his blue eyes sparkling with curiosity.

We sat at the kitchen table for about an hour, talking about anything and everything. Other people might weary me, but Robert was an exception. I could listen to him forever and ever, and he still wouldn’t bother me at all. The things he talked about were actually interesting and his voice was soft and warm; it had a kind of comfort to it.

“Do you have any plans for today?” He asked, his locks bouncing as he turned to me. “No, I don’t. I don’t have any jobs at the moment, so I have a lot free time,” I told him, while I stood up to clean the table. “Well... Would you spend the day with me?” I could feel my heart beating faster. “I’d love to. Where do you want to take me?” He glanced down at me, a cheeky smirk on his lips. “That’s a surprise, love.”