Chapter 5

I felt the warmth of the sunbeams coming in through the window on my face and smiled. Robert was still asleep and I could feel his morning glory pressing against my bum. My smile grew wider and I turned around to face him. He looked so innocent and peaceful in his sleep; I felt the urge to protect him from any harm, and cuddled closer to him. He smiled his lovely half smile in his sleep and I pecked him on his nose. “G’morning love.” He murmured his eyes still closed. “Good morning Robbie.” I ran my fingers through his thick golden curls, which seemed to glow as the sun was shining on them. “You look like a golden god, you know that?” “What makes you think that?” “The way the sun shines on your hair; it looks almost like it’s glowing.” He opened his sparkly blue eyes and kissed me on my forehead. “Your hair looks like it’s on fire.” Robert chuckled and I giggled. “So what are we going to do today?” He asked while I stretched my arms out. “I know something you’d like to do.” I glanced down at his bulge and he blushed. “No! Don’t get me wrong here, I’d love to, but I understand you don’t want to and that’s fine.” He said quickly, looking honest. “You’re just too sweet!” Smiling I kissed him on his soft lips and he slid his warm and strong arms around me. I played with his hair and allowed our tongues to dance with each other. I felt a safety in his arms I had never felt before; it was almost as he wanted to let me know he would protect me. As we pulled away, we smiled at each other, our noses touching. “So back to the question, what are we going to do with this beautiful day?” “How about taking a walk outside? I’d love to explore the town.” “Sounds great, love.” He gave me another kiss and pulled me into him. “How about you take a shower and I get dressed?” “But it’s so nice and cosy in bed.” “You’re behaving like a five year-old, Robert. Get up!” I exclaimed laughing, while dragging him off the bed. “You’re no fun, Millie!” He pouted and I pecked him on his dimples. “If you’re a nice boy, I’ll buy you an ice-cream later.” He looked absolutely serious and nodded, but his mischievously sparkling eyes proved him wrong. “Come on now Robert, get in the bathroom! We haven’t got all day!” He took a pair of bellbottoms and a powder blue tee out of the chaos on his bed and left for the bathroom. As I heard him stepping into the shower, I decided to clean up the mess on his bed. I folded all of his clothes and put them back into his suitcase; then I looked for something to wear for myself and giggled, as Robert started to sing “Twist and Shout” by the Beatles.  Absentmindedly, I started singing it, too, while I got dressed. Since we were going to take a walk outside, I decided to wear light blue bellbottoms, a red tee, an emerald green cardigan and red sneakers. I opened one of the windows and looked at the beautiful sight of the little town; the small houses were sun-drenched and looked like they were still asleep, the sea glistened in the colours of the rainbow, almost looking like it was made of tiny diamonds. It was a stunning view and a beautiful morning. I shivered a little as the cold morning air touched my skin and wrapped the cardigan tightly around myself. “It’s a lovely day, isn’t it?” I jumped a little at Robert’s unexpected appearance. “I didn’t mean to startle you, love.” He came closer to me and I could feel his warm body against my back. “It’s alright; I’m an easily startled person.” A water drop fell from his hair down on my neck and he brushed it away with his soft lip, sending a shiver down my spine. “I turned around to face him, just to see him standing there with only a towel wrapped around his small hips smiling brightly. “Shift yourself! I want to take as much of this beautiful day in as possible!” “Alright, love.” He slid his arms around me and pulled me in for a short but sweet kiss and I smiled against his lips. “You’re distracting us Mister Plant. If we go on any further, we won’t get out of here for the rest of the day.” “That might be true.” He chuckled and leaned his forehead against mine. I parted from him and headed to the bathroom. “When I get out of here, you’ll better be ready!” “I think I’ll manage to do so.” He responded grinning and grabbed a powder blue tee. “I’ll take you up on that.”