Chapter 11

And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change

♥♥♥

Carter

"What kind of toilet paper do you think the Queen uses?" I asked Harry.

It's been a week since Harry and I went on our little escapade to the carnival. The memory, still clear as day, constantly plays in my mind. We never spoke of the 'almost-kiss' we shared but I could tell Harry desperately wanted to when we brought up memories of that night.

We were currently walking around the park, talking about the most random things. I was wearing Harry's jacket he had given to me this morning, over my grey crop top and black, high-waisted, skinny jeans. "Carter, why would you want to know what the Queen wipes her arse with?" Harry chuckled.

"Well don't you ever wonder about these things? Like: if one synchronized swimmer dies, do the other ones too? Or is Disney world a people trap controlled by a talking mouse? Or-"

"How am I friends with the most strangest girl on the planet?" Harry interrupted.

"Hey!" I glared at him and slapped him on the arm.

"Just being an honest friend Carter."

"You don't really think that..."

"No, but you are one of a kind..." I blushed at his words.

"And you are a desperate teenage boy trying to use his gentlemen-powers to win over a girl with lung cancer. " He laughed.

"Is it working?"

"Not yet..." I grinned.

We decided to take a break for a while and sat on the park bench. Harry put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. Moments like this I want to remember for ever but it also scares me. I've always told myself: the less people I have in my life, the less people affected by my daunting future. 

Since Harry took me on an adventure last week, it's completely messed up everything I feel towards him. When it comes to Harry, I feel things I've never felt with anyone before, whether we're arguing over the smallest of things or laughing about things that aren't even funny, there are always butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Carter," Harry whispered. "What are you thinking about?"

"Us." I admitted, feeling my cheeks flush.

"What about us?"

"Everything that's happened to me since I met you."

"Good things or bad things?"

"Bit of both."

"Care to talk about it?"

I shook my head, "It's not really important." He kissed the top of my head.

"I'm always here for you Carter, remember that."

*****

Once we finished walking and talking at the park, Harry dropped me off at my place. Sadly, he had to go to Peyton's house for lunch, as promised. I really didn't want him to leave, especially since he was leaving to go see Peyton and by the look on his face I could tell he didn't want to go either.

I was writing some of my story. I was at the part where Christina and Hunter are having an argument about Hunter's girlfriend Penny (which is technically the day where I yelled at Harry at the gym and how I forgave him).

Half way through the story, I heard my phone go off multiple times. I closed up the notebook and layed on bed, getting my phone from under my pillow.