To Carter...

To be loved and to be in love. All I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you.

♥♥♥

"Carter Jones was a lot of things but the one thing that stuck out to me most was how carefree she was, even though to most people she seemed far from it.

I remember when I first met Carter. She had joined school and was trying to keep people away from her but for me, it was the complete opposite. She had completely drawn me in by her beauty and her attitude to everything and I knew under all her depressing thoughts there was light behind those big, blue eyes.

As we got to know each other more I realised how much this girl means to me. She turned my worst days into better ones just by being there. Her presence made me feel happy and I thought it was strange for one person to have that kind of affect on me.  

I remember our first adventure, she was someone who craved to explore the world and I wanted to give her the exploration that she wanted. I took her out to a carnival and remember it just being us having a laugh and I will never forget it for as long as I live.

I will never stop loving the selfless, adventurous, beautiful girl I have fallen so deeply in love with.

When we went on our next adventure, let's just say it was more extreme than the carnival. We stole segways from her next door neighbour's shed and rode them around the park.

I would like to make a personal apology to Mr and Mrs Baker for using your segways without asking, please blame Carter.

Anyway, the whole point of taking her out all the time was to see her smile and I feel like, when I saw her smile, I'd achieved  something great and it made me smile too.

Eventually, I was slowly falling in love with this crazy girl and I soon realised how much I loved her when she tried to push me away. I'm not going to explain all the bad things that happened because I only want to remember the good but I feel like if that day didn't happen then we would  probably never have admitted our feelings to each other.

My favourite moments with Carter were when we would just lay down, whether it would be on the grass at the park or on the sand at the beach or on the bed in her bedroom, and we would talk about the most craziest things that normal people would probably never talk about but my relationship with Carter was far from normal and I wouldn't want it any other way.

She was the easiest person for me to talk to because we had so much in common. That's another reason why I love her so much, she understands me like no one else does.

Through out the time me and Carter were getting to know each other she would always point out the fact that she didn't want anyone to be affected by her leaving.

Well baby, there are a lot of people here right now and they're all affected by you passing so I guess that plan failed and I wish you told me how popular you really were.

I hope she realises up there that there are so many people who love her so much. Everyone will remember my Carter Jones and her personality.

Mr and Mrs Jones will remember her as their kind hearted daughter, who loved her parents so much.

Jack will remember her as the adventurous girl he had become best friends with.

My mum will remember her as a fighter and the strongest cancer kid out there.

As for me, I will remember her as the girl who completely changed my life. I will remember her as someone who constantly put other peoples thoughts before her own. I will remember the girl who wasn't afraid of getting into trouble and I will forever remember the girl who I fell truly, madly, crazy deeply in love with, who stole my heart and held it in the palm of her hand and kept it safe.

I was so lucky to have her, even though it was for a short amount of time, I felt like the luckiest guy on the planet even just being able to talk to her and I felt like I needed to protect her.

Carter, even though you are gone,  I will stay with you forever and there's nothing you can do to loose my love. I will protect you forever no matter where you are, no matter how exhausted I become, I will never ever stop loving you.

I miss you Carter, God I miss you so much, but I know you're not in pain anymore and for that I'll let this one slide. I'll love you forever and always Carter, I promise and I never break a promise.

I'll see you on the other side beautiful."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never written a speech like this so I hope it was good.

Spaces is two chapters away from finishing and I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am about it, I loved writing this story.

The next chapter is going to be a bit short too but probably longer than this one and I know this one was so short but I didn't want Harry to ramble on too much and I don't think people tend to write 2000 word speeches at a funeral.

Please vote, comment and share pineapple fraaannddsss.

-Chloe xx